Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 12, 2012, 12:20:42 AM
What's the bug then? Do the 3 things I said for bugs or I can't fix it. :srs:

How many times do I have to repeat myself? >_>
before I explain how I'm pretty sure I have done those 3 things, perhaps I should appologize since you clearly seem agitated. since you don't want to repeat yourself so much, maybe you should change the title to lead to that post for people that don't read every single reply to this huge topic?

lets see here.

I gave a screen cap (which showed that I added model switch, bone group 1 and 0, along with a bone index for each), the top of said screen cap shows that I am working with marth (VBrawl and my own PSA have been tested with this, though it couldn't hurt to send you the exact same file) and said that brawlbox crashed upon reopening (which I would figure is a problem). and there is no error code. so I'm pretty sure I've got everything.


Quote from: Anonymous on July 12, 2012, 12:39:58 AM
before I explain how I'm pretty sure I have done those 3 things, perhaps I should appologize since you clearly seem agitated. since you don't want to repeat yourself so much, maybe you should change the title to lead to that post for people that don't read every single reply to this huge topic?

lets see here.

I gave a screen cap (which showed that I added model switch, bone group 1 and 0, along with a bone index for each), the top of said screen cap shows that I am working with marth (VBrawl and my own PSA have been tested with this, though it couldn't hurt to send you the exact same file) and said that brawlbox crashed upon reopening (which I would figure is a problem). and there is no error code. so I'm pretty sure I've got everything.

Good idea.

And you forgot to send me the file. I can't do much without an error code, but as long as I know what you were doing and I have the file you were working with, I can fix the bug.

I understand nothing about model changer T_T...  I may need an illustrative tutorial T_T.  I would love adding objects to models and use the model switcher so I can create some neat stuff for my favorite characters :-).

Quote from: namq on July 12, 2012, 12:45:22 AM
I understand nothing about model changer T_T...  I may need an illustrative tutorial T_T.  I would love adding objects to models and use the model switcher so I can create some neat stuff for my favorite characters :-).

Model changers are shown in the model viewer, so you could try messing around with them until it works lol

Quote from: namq on July 12, 2012, 12:45:22 AM
I understand nothing about model changer T_T...  I may need an illustrative tutorial T_T.  I would love adding objects to models and use the model switcher so I can create some neat stuff for my favorite characters :-).

i kinda feel the same way, but i kinda learned what model changer 1 does by going in with link's Model.
Switch=1,Group=1 Puts thr sword in Sheath | Switch 1 being Sword Group 1 being his Back
Switch=2,Group=1 Puts THe Shield on Back |Switch 2 being Shield Group 1 being his Back
to put them back in the hands switch the group to = 0

That help to understand alittle?




I do have a question though BJ if you know. With the model changer(for link for example) does the model retain the appearance until an animation of move changes it?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 12, 2012, 12:11:07 AM


Edit: I'm removing the offset/size/external stuff from the next update. I thought it would help advanced modders a bit but instead it's confusing the [censored] out of everyone and wasting my time for no sudden reason.



Quote from: namq on July 12, 2012, 12:45:22 AM
I understand nothing about model changer T_T...  I may need an illustrative tutorial T_T.  I would love adding objects to models and use the model switcher so I can create some neat stuff for my favorite characters :-).

maybe set up a stream sometime Black jax for all the misunderstandings?

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on July 12, 2012, 01:06:04 AM
maybe set up a stream sometime Black jax for all the misunderstandings?
And let me and Pikazz spam the comments with foreign language?
...
Why not? :af:

jk... I think...
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Unknown Grounder on July 12, 2012, 01:15:55 AM
And let me and Pikazz spam the comments with foreign language?
...
Why not? :af:

jk... I think...

LOL sounds like a great idea. or just upload a vid to youtube.

Quote from: Leeon09 on July 12, 2012, 12:51:55 AM
I do have a question though BJ if you know. With the model changer(for link for example) does the model retain the appearance until an animation of move changes it?

It's reset to the default vis at the start of a different subaction.



July 12, 2012, 04:30:05 AM #11696 Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:35:17 AM by BlackJax96
Anonymous, the bug you reported has been fixed.
namq, the offset editing and move up/down bug has also been fixed.

Thanks for the reports.

I also added another bugfix that removes unnecessary FADEF00D and FADE0D8A events that are created by PSA for its memory management.

Luckily the bugs weren't all that bad; didn't take long to fix.
I'm taking a break from coding remember <(・ω・)>

got a date on when you may update the download, or are ya gonna wait until a few more bugs are fixed 'if any'


Quote from: Leeon09 on July 12, 2012, 04:46:40 AM
got a date on when you may update the download, or are ya gonna wait until a few more bugs are fixed 'if any'

I dunno, I guess Sunday if all reported bugs up to that point are fixed.

Also got a small error on my Link.pac file. Its not a bug, just not sure what i did wrong. I was doing dble moveset and suddenly the Entry file kept giving me this error
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


this happened before on my wait animation randomly. After about 32 frames this error appears after playing the animation. If i loop it or view it with the moveset editor it will continue to appear and ill have to quit.