Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3887830 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11730 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »

You should be able to change what animation plays in a Sub Action. I'm making a PSA right now and I'm trying to do that so when he taunts, he can look at the screen regardless of which direction he's facing. Opening the file in PSA does not work anymore....

Rename the subaction in the node tree.
    Don't open the moveset in the model viewer.

There's a problem with Wav.FromFile()
    It just casts the RIFFHeader on top of the filemap, assuming the datachunk is the second chunk. When this isn't the case it gets the wrong data chunk size and the wrong samples and then everyone dies.

Do you know how to fix it? Because that's been a problem ._.
    everybody has been dying if they don't delete all the info in the wav

nvm found the answer on msdn lol

Well, I managed to edit Sephy pretty deeply (with my limited but decent skills) but eventually got this when I tried to save.

System.Collection.Generic.KeyNotFoundExcemtion: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collection.Generic.Sorted'2.get_Item(TKey Key)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MoveDefNode.OnRebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.Rebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ARCNode.OnRebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
    at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
    at Brawl.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(Boolean force)
    at Brawl.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Merge(Boolean forceBuild)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ModelMovesetPanel.SaveMovese t()

Already fixed, wait for v0.67b

Stage Module Converter
    I wrote a version of the stage module converter that can integrate with BrawlBox. Do you want to put it in?
    I think it would be convenient for a lot of people, since they could take .rel files that many stage makers include with their stages and change those (already-edited) .rels to go over another stage.
    When you use it as part of BrawlBox, clicking "Okay" loads it into a temporary file and loads that into BrawlBox as a .rel file.

Sure, I 'spose.
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:36:51 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Changeling
    Expert Kitten

Rawr.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11731 on: July 16, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »

In Bones, "Pad1" isn't padding, it's a setting which determines how a bone reacts to the camera/related objects. In Mario Kart Wii, Pad1 set to 3 makes the bone point away from the camera (used for the sun and the question mark in itemboxes). The values may be different for Brawl.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11732 on: July 16, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

In Bones, "Pad1" isn't padding, it's a setting which determines how a bone reacts to the camera/related objects. In Mario Kart Wii, Pad1 set to 3 makes the bone point away from the camera (used for the sun and the question mark in itemboxes). The values may be different for Brawl.

Tock already told me; it's been fixed in v0.67b. It's never used in Brawl, it seems. At least Kryal and I've never seen it used.

Do you know exactly what the flags do?
    Sometimes it's 1 (first bit set), 2 (second bit set) or 3 (first and second bit set).
    At the moment I just have them randomly set as FollowCameraX = 1 and FollowCameraY = 2.
    Do you have a better name for them?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11733 on: July 16, 2012, 06:47:52 PM »

Thanks for including some of my code. It's cool to contribute to something a lot of people use, and it's helped me get accustomed to C# as well Smiley

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11734 on: July 16, 2012, 07:40:33 PM »

Please make it so there can be multiple subactions with the same animation name. D: It really helps save file size for movesets.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11735 on: July 16, 2012, 07:41:59 PM »

Ok I added the REL stuff but it's in the right click menu instead of on the main window toolbar. Just makes more sense that way Tongue

I'm including a very detailed changelist for v0.67b too, since it's mostly just a bugfix version with some minor changes.

Please make it so there can be multiple subactions with the same animation name. D: It really helps save file size for movesets.

already did

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11736 on: July 16, 2012, 08:00:02 PM »

already did

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11737 on: July 16, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »

BJ96, not wanting to bug you but...  The frame speed modifier event in brawlbox works perfectly on making the hitbox appear in the frame it should be (depending on the speed mod)  but only works when playing the animation.  Advancing frame by frame makes the hitbox come in in the frame it should but won't follow the animation correctly.

Sorry for this awful post which you may already know about, but would be nice cause I try to advance frame by frame (page up/down) to get a more accurate hitbox showing where I wanted it.

Well I just finish 2 PSA's (with project smash attack 0.2.1b, but with brawlbox 0.67 data stuff)  And they work so great ingame, saving file size will actually help me overcome the fear of editing samus/zss :-).

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11738 on: July 16, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »

BJ96, not wanting to bug you but...  The frame speed modifier event in brawlbox works perfectly on making the hitbox appear in the frame it should be (depending on the speed mod)  but only works when playing the animation.  Advancing frame by frame makes the hitbox come in in the frame it should but won't follow the animation correctly.

Sorry for this awful post which you may already know about, but would be nice cause I try to advance frame by frame (page up/down) to get a more accurate hitbox showing where I wanted it.

Well I just finish 2 PSA's (with project smash attack 0.2.1b, but with brawlbox 0.67 data stuff)  And they work so great ingame, saving file size will actually help me overcome the fear of editing samus/zss :-).

...the frame speed modifier event isn't even handled by Brawlbox yet. Im srs here

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11739 on: July 16, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »

it isn't?  then why when loading my frame speed mod sub routines the hitboxes show in the wrong frame when advancing frame by frame O.o

And only when advancing frame by frame this happens.  Playing the animation shows it correctly.

Supreme Dirt
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11740 on: July 16, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »

I'm now hesitant to post bugs here because they're apparently just annoying.

Confirmed working vBrawl Dedede crashes the game when saved by BrawlBox with even a single attribute change (.1 increase to walking speed does it even).

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11741 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »

I'm now hesitant to post bugs here because they're apparently just annoying.

Confirmed working vBrawl Dedede crashes the game when saved by BrawlBox with even a single attribute change (.1 increase to walking speed does it even).

It's probably Data3 in articles, but I'll double check.

Snivy
    Supreme Kitten

H-hello.

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11742 on: July 16, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »

Good to see this open again, I'll try not to annoy you with anything that I've seen so far. Can't wait for .67b!

My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
    PM me your FC as well, K?
    In my Friend Safari:
    Pictures are from: http://www.pkparaiso.com
    My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
    I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11743 on: July 17, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »

Ok I added the REL stuff but it's in the right click menu instead of on the main window toolbar. Just makes more sense that way Tongue
    Why did I not think of that?

Supreme Dirt
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11744 on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »

Found a pretty serious issue.
    When I try and compare a variable above 255, it refuses to let me select it in the model viewer. I don't know if this also applies to normal view, but it's annoying. IC-basic 20003 automatically changes to 35 before leaving the event edit thing.

Pages:  1 ... 780 781 782 [783] 784 785 786 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: