Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 16, 2012, 05:45:20 PM #11730 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:36:51 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Kuro Neko XIII on July 16, 2012, 05:29:27 PM
You should be able to change what animation plays in a Sub Action. I'm making a PSA right now and I'm trying to do that so when he taunts, he can look at the screen regardless of which direction he's facing. Opening the file in PSA does not work anymore....

Rename the subaction in the node tree.
Don't open the moveset in the model viewer.

Quote from: agoaj on July 16, 2012, 06:51:48 AM
There's a problem with Wav.FromFile()
It just casts the RIFFHeader on top of the filemap, assuming the datachunk is the second chunk. When this isn't the case it gets the wrong data chunk size and the wrong samples and then everyone dies.

Do you know how to fix it? Because that's been a problem ._.
everybody has been dying if they don't delete all the info in the wav


nvm found the answer on msdn lol

Quote from: BigBadBooya on July 16, 2012, 06:14:06 AM
Well, I managed to edit Sephy pretty deeply (with my limited but decent skills) but eventually got this when I tried to save.

System.Collection.Generic.KeyNotFoundExcemtion: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collection.Generic.Sorted'2.get_Item(TKey Key)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MoveDefNode.OnRebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.Rebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ARCNode.OnRebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32length, Boolean force)
at Brawl.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(Boolean force)
at Brawl.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Merge(Boolean forceBuild)
at System.Windows.Forms.ModelMovesetPanel.SaveMoveset()

Already fixed, wait for v0.67b

Quote from: libertyernie on July 16, 2012, 04:22:41 PM
Stage Module Converter
I wrote a version of the stage module converter that can integrate with BrawlBox. Do you want to put it in?
I think it would be convenient for a lot of people, since they could take .rel files that many stage makers include with their stages and change those (already-edited) .rels to go over another stage.
When you use it as part of BrawlBox, clicking "Okay" loads it into a temporary file and loads that into BrawlBox as a .rel file.

Sure, I 'spose.

In Bones, "Pad1" isn't padding, it's a setting which determines how a bone reacts to the camera/related objects. In Mario Kart Wii, Pad1 set to 3 makes the bone point away from the camera (used for the sun and the question mark in itemboxes). The values may be different for Brawl.

Quote from: Derpy Hooves on July 17, 2012, 12:30:08 AM
In Bones, "Pad1" isn't padding, it's a setting which determines how a bone reacts to the camera/related objects. In Mario Kart Wii, Pad1 set to 3 makes the bone point away from the camera (used for the sun and the question mark in itemboxes). The values may be different for Brawl.

Tock already told me; it's been fixed in v0.67b. It's never used in Brawl, it seems. At least Kryal and I've never seen it used.

Do you know exactly what the flags do?
Sometimes it's 1 (first bit set), 2 (second bit set) or 3 (first and second bit set).
At the moment I just have them randomly set as FollowCameraX = 1 and FollowCameraY = 2.
Do you have a better name for them?

Thanks for including some of my code. It's cool to contribute to something a lot of people use, and it's helped me get accustomed to C# as well :)

Please make it so there can be multiple subactions with the same animation name. D: It really helps save file size for movesets.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Ok I added the REL stuff but it's in the right click menu instead of on the main window toolbar. Just makes more sense that way :P

I'm including a very detailed changelist for v0.67b too, since it's mostly just a bugfix version with some minor changes.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 17, 2012, 01:40:33 AM
Please make it so there can be multiple subactions with the same animation name. D: It really helps save file size for movesets.

already did

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BJ96, not wanting to bug you but...  The frame speed modifier event in brawlbox works perfectly on making the hitbox appear in the frame it should be (depending on the speed mod)  but only works when playing the animation.  Advancing frame by frame makes the hitbox come in in the frame it should but won't follow the animation correctly.

Sorry for this awful post which you may already know about, but would be nice cause I try to advance frame by frame (page up/down) to get a more accurate hitbox showing where I wanted it.

Well I just finish 2 PSA's (with project smash attack 0.2.1b, but with brawlbox 0.67 data stuff)  And they work so great ingame, saving file size will actually help me overcome the fear of editing samus/zss :-).

Quote from: namq on July 17, 2012, 03:01:14 AM
BJ96, not wanting to bug you but...  The frame speed modifier event in brawlbox works perfectly on making the hitbox appear in the frame it should be (depending on the speed mod)  but only works when playing the animation.  Advancing frame by frame makes the hitbox come in in the frame it should but won't follow the animation correctly.

Sorry for this awful post which you may already know about, but would be nice cause I try to advance frame by frame (page up/down) to get a more accurate hitbox showing where I wanted it.

Well I just finish 2 PSA's (with project smash attack 0.2.1b, but with brawlbox 0.67 data stuff)  And they work so great ingame, saving file size will actually help me overcome the fear of editing samus/zss :-).

...the frame speed modifier event isn't even handled by Brawlbox yet. :srs:

it isn't?  then why when loading my frame speed mod sub routines the hitboxes show in the wrong frame when advancing frame by frame O.o

And only when advancing frame by frame this happens.  Playing the animation shows it correctly.

I'm now hesitant to post bugs here because they're apparently just annoying.

Confirmed working vBrawl Dedede crashes the game when saved by BrawlBox with even a single attribute change (.1 increase to walking speed does it even).

Quote from: Supreme Dirt on July 17, 2012, 04:31:17 AM
I'm now hesitant to post bugs here because they're apparently just annoying.

Confirmed working vBrawl Dedede crashes the game when saved by BrawlBox with even a single attribute change (.1 increase to walking speed does it even).

It's probably Data3 in articles, but I'll double check.

Good to see this open again, I'll try not to annoy you with anything that I've seen so far. Can't wait for .67b!
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 17, 2012, 01:41:59 AM
Ok I added the REL stuff but it's in the right click menu instead of on the main window toolbar. Just makes more sense that way :P
Why did I not think of that?

Found a pretty serious issue.
When I try and compare a variable above 255, it refuses to let me select it in the model viewer. I don't know if this also applies to normal view, but it's annoying. IC-basic 20003 automatically changes to 35 before leaving the event edit thing.