ItalianStallion's Stages [Hidden Oasis v3 RELEASED!] January 21st 2013

Started by ItalianStallion, December 31, 2010, 06:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

Which stage should I work on next?

Athena's Temple
Chemical Plant Zone
DNA Dimension v2
Blue Moon Battleship v3
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Distant Planet
Dalaam
Quote from: Richter on December 30, 2011, 09:46:25 AM
HAHAHA XD Of course you fool, that's how i got it XD
i should check BV more often :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

When i saw MarioDK's post, i knew it was released :af:

Italian is probably updating the OP right now :P

I got ninja'd!

Stage is now released:




http://legendarysmashteam.blogspot.com/



Quote from: ItalianStallion on December 30, 2011, 10:12:42 AM
I got ninja'd!

Stage is now released:






http://legendarysmashteam.blogspot.com/

i already tried it out and it is [censored]ING EPIC!! U sir have done a good ass job on this and was really worth the time to wait!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Woo it's finally out!  Sooooooo hyped to play on it.  It looks absolutely stunning.  You really out did yourself here Mr Italiano.  This even exceeds your Water Temple.  This looks so official and so legit.  Lovely use and shadows and lighting and amazing texture quality.  Summit's never seeing the light of day again (not like it ever did...)


I've found some video by datadrain dated on 31/3/11 showing the first preview of the stage.

You've kept people waiting during at least 9 months! That cannot happen again. I never do that, for example...

Wait, Grunty's lair first video dates on april... Erm... Forget what I said xD

Nice work, I'll be testing it later, and maybe showcasing it in a video too :P

The more videos, the more people knowing about it, you know ;P
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 30, 2011, 01:51:01 PM
The more videos, the more people knowing about it, you know ;P
True that. I'm going to make a video myself, showcasing the stage and some other stuff i really like :P
(Including my own project :af:)


BTW 1 suggestion: Add this stage to the poll and reset it! (InB4CoolCoolMountainLeadsWith20Votes)

This is my video showing the stage.

Obviously, already tested it, and must say it's awesome as hell ;P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvR6TQo6DzI

It could probably be ported over FD for those who are not used to not-FD stages by grouping some of the models. That's my only complaint. But, that's not about gameplay, or final result. So, 10/10, congrats >_<

EDIT: The only issue, to be realistic, is about the penguin. Coming from Mario Kart, it has the issue of dissapearing when the center of the stage isn't shown. Never seen during match I guess, but it's not cool if you want to take snapshots where the penguin is. The fix would probably be just exporting the penguin as .dae and importing it back to brawlbox. This doesn't lower that 10/10 anyway xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: ItalianStallion on December 30, 2011, 10:12:42 AM
I got ninja'd!

Stage is now released:




http://legendarysmashteam.blogspot.com/

Water Temple? O_o
Dude, you linked the wrong thing.

I'm gonna get this bad boy! Looks too good to pass up!

EDIT: "- GameWatching: For being sexy. "
Damn straight he is.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Okay, now I have a little critique with the stage now!

My main gripe (and it's a fairly small one) is that I think that small platform on the side is too far from the main platform.  It's really far away you almost don't see it when the action is close and hectic.  Getting to that small platform literally requires you to double jump + Up B or triple jump for pretty much every character, and as a result you're forced to separate yourself from the main bulk of the action and it makes it feel a little campy (like Hyrule Temple campy), especially when the platform is so close to the left boundary of the stage.  Even in Mewtwo2k's vid, you can see that platform is almost never ventured too because it's kind of awkward to get there.

My suggestion would literally be to bring that platform a lot closer to the main part of the stage, and move the left boundary along with it (though don't move it as much as the platform).  I wouldn't want it removed, because time was clearly spent on it and it's a really nice little platform, brought to life by the Bob-Omb Buddy and the signpost in particular. 


Apart from this, I adore this stage.  The penguin, the snow, the trees, the little Red Coin spinning atop that one tree, and the aforementioned details just really give this stage a sense of life and the stage just feels like it really should belong in Brawl.  I'd go as far to say that this is my favourite out of all the hack stages I've played, even despite the gripe I had.  Now that's saying something XD

December 31, 2011, 04:00:54 AM #626 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:04:43 AM by ItalianStallion
Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 30, 2011, 10:20:01 AM
Woo it's finally out!  Sooooooo hyped to play on it.  It looks absolutely stunning.  You really out did yourself here Mr Italiano.  This even exceeds your Water Temple.  This looks so official and so legit.  Lovely use and shadows and lighting and amazing texture quality.  Summit's never seeing the light of day again (not like it ever did...)

I adore this stage.  The penguin, the snow, the trees, the little Red Coin spinning atop that one tree, and the aforementioned details just really give this stage a sense of life and the stage just feels like it really should belong in Brawl.  I'd go as far to say that this is my favourite out of all the hack stages I've played, even despite the gripe I had.  Now that's saying something XD

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 30, 2011, 05:04:00 PM
It could probably be ported over FD for those who are not used to not-FD stages by grouping some of the models. That's my only complaint. But, that's not about gameplay, or final result. So, 10/10, congrats >_<

Quote from: Seggy T. on December 30, 2011, 05:10:16 PM
I'm gonna get this bad boy! Looks too good to pass up!

"- GameWatching: For being sexy. "
Damn straight he is.

Quote from: Nymph on December 30, 2011, 10:16:24 AM
i already tried it out and it is [censored]ING EPIC!! U sir have done a good ass job on this and was really worth the time to wait!

Thanks everyone! You guys have no idea how happy it makes me to see you all like it so much.

One thing, I did build the stage, custom lighting, material editing, and numerous other [censored] that needs to be done to a stage for it to look good, which only Stage Makers will understand. What I don't want, is you guys forgetting about StarWaffle. He vertex many things, and textured most of the stuff you see, aside from the last additions which I did.

This stage would have never been what it is, without him. It was the sexiest collab I've ever done.

Now with all that said. Feedback time!

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on December 30, 2011, 05:04:00 PM
The only issue, to be realistic, is about the penguin. Coming from Mario Kart, it has the issue of dissapearing when the center of the stage isn't shown. Never seen during match I guess, but it's not cool if you want to take snapshots where the penguin is. The fix would probably be just exporting the penguin as .dae and importing it back to brawlbox. This doesn't lower that 10/10 anyway xD

That evil penguin still doing that? Thought I told him not to [censored] around anymore, and act normal when people are playing on the stage.

Alright, now real talk. I have no idea why it does that, lol. StarWaffle made that custom animation, and it has no missing frame. Also, I might add. The pink bomb disappears for a split second, if you play close attention to the animation. Looks like there is one missing frame in the animation, but I checked on BrawlBox, and it was all good. If you know how to fix them, do let me know sir.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on December 30, 2011, 05:45:30 PM
Okay, now I have a little critique with the stage now!

My main gripe (and it's a fairly small one) is that I think that small platform on the side is too far from the main platform.  It's really far away you almost don't see it when the action is close and hectic.  Getting to that small platform literally requires you to double jump + Up B or triple jump for pretty much every character, and as a result you're forced to separate yourself from the main bulk of the action and it makes it feel a little campy (like Hyrule Temple campy), especially when the platform is so close to the left boundary of the stage.  Even in Mewtwo2k's vid, you can see that platform is almost never ventured too because it's kind of awkward to get there.

My suggestion would literally be to bring that platform a lot closer to the main part of the stage, and move the left boundary along with it (though don't move it as much as the platform).  I wouldn't want it removed, because time was clearly spent on it and it's a really nice little platform, brought to life by the Bob-Omb Buddy and the signpost in particular.  


I know what you mean man. Reason why I have it on that spot on the left, is because when I had it closer, it would be blocking the view of one of the trees. Not the one with a red coin on top, but the other one further back. It just looked too big, and kinda blocked the view in a way? I can't really explain it, but it didn't look quite right. How it looks right now is good, it is just a bit far away.

As I stated on an earlier post in this thread, when Jiro and I tested, it took only 2 jumps for all characters, except Bowser (because he's fat as [censored]) with no UP Special move necessary. At least the way I jump, doing a dash run first, then jumping first, then wait about two seconds until you do the second jump, and you should be good.

If you really want man, I can do a special version for you with the island closer. Let me know, cause it's not only moving the island, but the 3 parts of the sign, the bomb, the tree, the shadows, shadow models, and the animations.

About the gameplay, in Mewtwo's video he had the Metal Box on, because well he was showcasing the Mewtwo, Dry Bowser, and Melee Fox imports. Therefore, it might have given you a different sense of how it plays.

I say try it out for yourself. ;)

By the way, I do expect you to do one of your sexy PSA videos on that stage. ;p

So.. I just got this stage this morning....

Forever Gusta.
I think my face is gonna stick this way for awhile because of it.

Keep up dem Sexy stages!

SDo0m, you do not need an up B most of the time to get to the island, and with some characters, you only need a single jump to reach it. Only characters with REALLY sucky jumps need an up B to make it.

Anyway, this stage is very very n
ice, It makes a great replacement for Summit.

Also, the island, while it can be a place to camp... It's also unsafe to stay at too long, since a character like Marth has an easy time wrecking you there. Or anyone who's strong suited for close range combat. Since the death boundaries on the left are VERY small... So camping there's not the safest idea.

Overall, it's a very good stage, with a distinct layout.

I have been playing (I actually started playing before Mewtwo2k posted his vid, I merely used it since it's a live example) there and I've found that I've needed at least two or three jumps to reach it.  However, I was playing in Project M which has increased gravity for every character XD. It's probably different for vBrawl, but that still doesn't change the fact it naturally feels far away and too close to the left boundary.  However, I do wholly respect your decision to put it where it is, since every detail of the stage is important and if it looks strange aesthetically to have the tree closer then that's totally understandable.