Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which stage should I work on next?
Athena's Temple
Chemical Plant Zone
DNA Dimension v2
Blue Moon Battleship v3
Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Distant Planet
Dalaam

Pages:  1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52
Author Topic: ItalianStallion's Stages [Hidden Oasis v3 RELEASED!] January 21st 2013  (Read 285950 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #615 on: December 30, 2011, 02:47:59 AM »

HAHAHA XD Of course you fool, that's how i got it XD
    i should check BV more often Im srs here

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #616 on: December 30, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »

When i saw MarioDK's post, i knew it was released Awesome Face

Italian is probably updating the OP right now Tongue

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #617 on: December 30, 2011, 03:12:42 AM »

I got ninja'd!

Stage is now released:

http://legendarysmashteam.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:16:14 AM by ItalianStallion » Logged

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #618 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:11 AM »

I got ninja'd!
    Yes, yes you did Awesome Face Tongue

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #619 on: December 30, 2011, 03:16:24 AM »

I got ninja'd!

Stage is now released:

i already tried it out and it is [censored]ING EPIC!! U sir have done a good ass job on this and was really worth the time to wait!

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #620 on: December 30, 2011, 03:20:01 AM »

Woo it's finally out!  Sooooooo hyped to play on it.  It looks absolutely stunning.  You really out did yourself here Mr Italiano.  This even exceeds your Water Temple.  This looks so official and so legit.  Lovely use and shadows and lighting and amazing texture quality.  Summit's never seeing the light of day again (not like it ever did...)

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #621 on: December 30, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »

I've found some video by datadrain dated on 31/3/11 showing the first preview of the stage.

You've kept people waiting during at least 9 months! That cannot happen again. I never do that, for example...

Wait, Grunty's lair first video dates on april... Erm... Forget what I said xD

Nice work, I'll be testing it later, and maybe showcasing it in a video too Tongue

The more videos, the more people knowing about it, you know ;P

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #622 on: December 30, 2011, 07:00:03 AM »

The more videos, the more people knowing about it, you know ;P
    True that. I'm going to make a video myself, showcasing the stage and some other stuff i really like Tongue
    (Including my own project Awesome Face)

BTW 1 suggestion: Add this stage to the poll and reset it! (InB4CoolCoolMountainLeadsWith20Votes)
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:05:50 AM by Sheena » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #623 on: December 30, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

This is my video showing the stage.

Obviously, already tested it, and must say it's awesome as hell ;P

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvR6TQo6DzI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvR6TQo6DzI</a>

It could probably be ported over FD for those who are not used to not-FD stages by grouping some of the models. That's my only complaint. But, that's not about gameplay, or final result. So, 10/10, congrats >_<

EDIT: The only issue, to be realistic, is about the penguin. Coming from Mario Kart, it has the issue of dissapearing when the center of the stage isn't shown. Never seen during match I guess, but it's not cool if you want to take snapshots where the penguin is. The fix would probably be just exporting the penguin as .dae and importing it back to brawlbox. This doesn't lower that 10/10 anyway xD
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:08:24 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #624 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »

I got ninja'd!

Stage is now released:

Water Temple? O_o
    Dude, you linked the wrong thing.

I'm gonna get this bad boy! Looks too good to pass up!

EDIT: "- GameWatching: For being sexy. "
    Damn straight he is.
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:12:29 AM by Seggy T. » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »

Okay, now I have a little critique with the stage now!

My main gripe (and it's a fairly small one) is that I think that small platform on the side is too far from the main platform.  It's really far away you almost don't see it when the action is close and hectic.  Getting to that small platform literally requires you to double jump + Up B or triple jump for pretty much every character, and as a result you're forced to separate yourself from the main bulk of the action and it makes it feel a little campy (like Hyrule Temple campy), especially when the platform is so close to the left boundary of the stage.  Even in Mewtwo2k's vid, you can see that platform is almost never ventured too because it's kind of awkward to get there.

My suggestion would literally be to bring that platform a lot closer to the main part of the stage, and move the left boundary along with it (though don't move it as much as the platform).  I wouldn't want it removed, because time was clearly spent on it and it's a really nice little platform, brought to life by the Bob-Omb Buddy and the signpost in particular. 

Apart from this, I adore this stage.  The penguin, the snow, the trees, the little Red Coin spinning atop that one tree, and the aforementioned details just really give this stage a sense of life and the stage just feels like it really should belong in Brawl.  I'd go as far to say that this is my favourite out of all the hack stages I've played, even despite the gripe I had.  Now that's saying something XD

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #626 on: December 30, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »

Woo it's finally out!  Sooooooo hyped to play on it.  It looks absolutely stunning.  You really out did yourself here Mr Italiano.  This even exceeds your Water Temple.  This looks so official and so legit.  Lovely use and shadows and lighting and amazing texture quality.  Summit's never seeing the light of day again (not like it ever did...)

I adore this stage.  The penguin, the snow, the trees, the little Red Coin spinning atop that one tree, and the aforementioned details just really give this stage a sense of life and the stage just feels like it really should belong in Brawl.  I'd go as far to say that this is my favourite out of all the hack stages I've played, even despite the gripe I had.  Now that's saying something XD

It could probably be ported over FD for those who are not used to not-FD stages by grouping some of the models. That's my only complaint. But, that's not about gameplay, or final result. So, 10/10, congrats >_<

I'm gonna get this bad boy! Looks too good to pass up!

"- GameWatching: For being sexy. "
    Damn straight he is.

i already tried it out and it is [censored]ING EPIC!! U sir have done a good ass job on this and was really worth the time to wait!

Thanks everyone! You guys have no idea how happy it makes me to see you all like it so much.

One thing, I did build the stage, custom lighting, material editing, and numerous other [censored] that needs to be done to a stage for it to look good, which only Stage Makers will understand. What I don't want, is you guys forgetting about StarWaffle. He vertex many things, and textured most of the stuff you see, aside from the last additions which I did.

This stage would have never been what it is, without him. It was the sexiest collab I've ever done.

Now with all that said. Feedback time!

The only issue, to be realistic, is about the penguin. Coming from Mario Kart, it has the issue of dissapearing when the center of the stage isn't shown. Never seen during match I guess, but it's not cool if you want to take snapshots where the penguin is. The fix would probably be just exporting the penguin as .dae and importing it back to brawlbox. This doesn't lower that 10/10 anyway xD

That evil penguin still doing that? Thought I told him not to [censored] around anymore, and act normal when people are playing on the stage.

Alright, now real talk. I have no idea why it does that, lol. StarWaffle made that custom animation, and it has no missing frame. Also, I might add. The pink bomb disappears for a split second, if you play close attention to the animation. Looks like there is one missing frame in the animation, but I checked on BrawlBox, and it was all good. If you know how to fix them, do let me know sir.

Okay, now I have a little critique with the stage now!

My main gripe (and it's a fairly small one) is that I think that small platform on the side is too far from the main platform.  It's really far away you almost don't see it when the action is close and hectic.  Getting to that small platform literally requires you to double jump + Up B or triple jump for pretty much every character, and as a result you're forced to separate yourself from the main bulk of the action and it makes it feel a little campy (like Hyrule Temple campy), especially when the platform is so close to the left boundary of the stage.  Even in Mewtwo2k's vid, you can see that platform is almost never ventured too because it's kind of awkward to get there.

My suggestion would literally be to bring that platform a lot closer to the main part of the stage, and move the left boundary along with it (though don't move it as much as the platform).  I wouldn't want it removed, because time was clearly spent on it and it's a really nice little platform, brought to life by the Bob-Omb Buddy and the signpost in particular.  

I know what you mean man. Reason why I have it on that spot on the left, is because when I had it closer, it would be blocking the view of one of the trees. Not the one with a red coin on top, but the other one further back. It just looked too big, and kinda blocked the view in a way? I can't really explain it, but it didn't look quite right. How it looks right now is good, it is just a bit far away.

As I stated on an earlier post in this thread, when Jiro and I tested, it took only 2 jumps for all characters, except Bowser (because he's fat as [censored]) with no UP Special move necessary. At least the way I jump, doing a dash run first, then jumping first, then wait about two seconds until you do the second jump, and you should be good.

If you really want man, I can do a special version for you with the island closer. Let me know, cause it's not only moving the island, but the 3 parts of the sign, the bomb, the tree, the shadows, shadow models, and the animations.

About the gameplay, in Mewtwo's video he had the Metal Box on, because well he was showcasing the Mewtwo, Dry Bowser, and Melee Fox imports. Therefore, it might have given you a different sense of how it plays.

I say try it out for yourself. Wink

By the way, I do expect you to do one of your sexy PSA videos on that stage. ;p
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:04:43 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

Alex Climax
    The Rapeable Cutie
    Lol Kitten

Let's hit the climax!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #627 on: December 30, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »

So.. I just got this stage this morning....

Forever Gusta.
    I think my face is gonna stick this way for awhile because of it.

Keep up dem Sexy stages!

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #628 on: December 31, 2011, 01:04:15 AM »

SDo0m, you do not need an up B most of the time to get to the island, and with some characters, you only need a single jump to reach it. Only characters with REALLY sucky jumps need an up B to make it.

Anyway, this stage is very very n
    ice, It makes a great replacement for Summit.

Also, the island, while it can be a place to camp... It's also unsafe to stay at too long, since a character like Marth has an easy time wrecking you there. Or anyone who's strong suited for close range combat. Since the death boundaries on the left are VERY small... So camping there's not the safest idea.

Overall, it's a very good stage, with a distinct layout.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:05:30 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #629 on: December 31, 2011, 02:49:50 AM »

I have been playing (I actually started playing before Mewtwo2k posted his vid, I merely used it since it's a live example) there and I've found that I've needed at least two or three jumps to reach it.  However, I was playing in Project M which has increased gravity for every character XD. It's probably different for vBrawl, but that still doesn't change the fact it naturally feels far away and too close to the left boundary.  However, I do wholly respect your decision to put it where it is, since every detail of the stage is important and if it looks strange aesthetically to have the tree closer then that's totally understandable.

Pages:  1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 52
    Print
    Jump to: