Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Look a Lucario Mod  (Read 3924 times)
What
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:46:20 PM »

Yeah so basically lucario was pretty lame to me in his current form so I modded em changes below.

Normals
Removed the aura effect from all his regular attacks except his smashes
Dash attack travels farther
If you hit the enemy with AirAttackUp you can jump cancel it.
both hits of AirAttack Down spikes now.
NeutralAirAttack  is now ryu jump roundhouse like mario's, link, etc.

Specials
Aura sphere's shooting animation is twice as fast so you can use it better.
Force palm can now grab enemies in the air and is also twice as fast.
Double team comes out on the first frame so you can actually use it to counter certain things
Extremespeed has a hitbox, when it hits you can attack or jump

Grabs
No change

Misc
Damage,speed,recovery,trajectory for attacks have been altered.
Uptilt has invincibility the first 4 frames of the animation lots of recovery, use against fairly deep jump ins
Aura sphere size larger
Rolls and dodges little less safe(I do that to all the brawl characters)
Forward roll doesn't have invincibilty till frame 5
Back roll doesn't have invincibilty till frame 3

Finally he was designed for brawl- since it has has the hitstun set to .54.

With that here's a video of him in action -
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtWZ305SAA0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtWZ305SAA0</a>

This might look a little different than the standard brawl- cause I play with higher gravity.

Here's a link to the pac - http://www.mediafire.com/?tclwzrf98xmuay4
Link to the motion pac - http://www.mediafire.com/?i3uvpiud8kak8c8

That's everything then

fighter20brawler10
Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »

Seems like an accurate mod. Nicely done

ninja_cupcakes
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »

I'll give it a try. I play Brawl- and I fell that the current Lucario is... lacking, so I'll give this one a go. I wish there were more mods that were usable in Brawl- like this.

What
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »

Thanks this actually took a little bit of time to playtest mostly due to the fact that there's almost no absolute combos in  brawl thanks to di.

I'll give it a try. I play Brawl- and I fell that the current Lucario is... lacking, so I'll give this one a go. I wish there were more mods that were usable in Brawl- like this.

Yeah I think alot of that is because his aura makes him to weak to really do anything in the beginning and he's not really a threat till he's down to like 100% damage on his last life :/

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »

Thanks this actually took a little bit of time to playtest mostly due to the fact that there's almost no absolute combos in  brawl thanks to di.

I think that was one of the points of Brawl. No absolute, inescapable combos...unless you count the IC's chaingrab at low % and DDD's for Heavyweights

Yeah I think alot of that is because his aura makes him to weak to really do anything in the beginning and he's not really a threat till he's down to like 100% damage on his last life :/

Wrong, he is plenty of a threat, especially with someone who is well versed with him. I use him.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:25:28 AM »

I think that was one of the points of Brawl. No absolute, inescapable combos...unless you count the IC's chaingrab at low % and DDD's for Heavyweights

Wrong, he is plenty of a threat, especially with someone who is well versed with him. I use him.

Velen has a good point.  Last time I checked, Lucario was one of the better choices for competitive play.

What
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »

I was talking about brawl- lucario when your not losing by a stock not vbrawl eh but it's just my opinion.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: