Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

wrong thread O.O
Oh geese :facepalm:

Alright thanx
I do take that into consideration,
And you`re probably right... -_-*

I shloud just rmbr to UD with current progress or ideas...
(if I have anything big)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28294&Moderated=All&facebook=true

This user has uploaded Pik's YoungLink model and the recolours that he had made, but without a scrap of credit mentioning him. There is also a PSA in the download that I cannot discern the origin of, but it has an edited ClawShot model so the hook is shaped like Young Link's from Melee.

Its description also holds two download links, the one entitled "Models" uses the same URL on mediafire for Pik's previously mentioned recolours and model, http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25539. I find it odd that they'd take Pik's preview images, but re-upload them elsewhere for this .__.'

The one named "PSA" contains the same FitLink.pac and FitLinkMotionEtc.pac(Both renamed from Link to ToonLink) and an 'ItmToonLinkBombBrres.pac', and a slew of random models and recolours by Pik, with a few that KTH had vertexed the sword and shield on. The ones KTH vertexed were from this download http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20907

Turns out this is the same person who uploaded something CSS related of ASF's from almost a month ago.
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wow.  Same download link and everything.  That's scummy AND lazy.

Well, it's gone now and I hope he learned his lesson.  I'll keep an eye out though.  Thanks for the help Thany.

Noobs have been taking over BrawlVault :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]




Quote from: Segtendo on August 18, 2012, 11:34:37 PMNoobs have been taking over BrawlVault :srs:
I'm with you on that.

Wasn't this just deleted? :srs:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28308

Edit: Ninja'd. -_-;
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Victory Badguy on August 19, 2012, 01:15:11 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28308&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Is this guy for real?  What a dumbass.  Does anyone else want to do the honors, or should I remove it again?
Not my place to say, but it deserves to be removed. He stole it.
Quote from: SegtendoNoobs have been taking over Brawl Vault. ಠ_ಠ

And it's gone again.  It's rare to see someone so obstinate when it comes to stealing hacks.  He didn't even try to defend himself in the description, nor did he credit Pik at all (hell, he even stole the preview pictures.)

I think we all need to keep a close watch on this guy.  I doubt he learned his lesson.  My gut tells me that sooner or later he's gonna get his uploading privileges revoked.

August 19, 2012, 03:07:47 AM #4479 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:18:59 AM by WTVelocity
Please forgive me if I'm overstepping my boundaries, but why the hell sooner or later?
He's made it VERY clear what he intends to do...

What I do when someone pushes it on forums I've run and moderated, is if he don't seem to get it, ban that forum account for the specified reason. If he creates another, IP ban him.
Of course, that's just how I feel it should be handled, not telling you what to do.

Post Merge: August 19, 2012, 03:18:59 AM

Sorry for the double-post, but this is a separate thing:

I reported this hack earlier, but he sent me an ugly mail saying I will get banned for fraudulent reporting.
Didn't fix it, either.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27628


His current description:
Quoteomg this is definitlly the end of al shadow hakcs because this ia better than all of the shadowz thata are in the vautl more than genereishons i put to much effort in tihs one so pliz dont report and pliz downlowd this textuer because omg is the best shadow so far adn it comes with recolors and perfect cps and your loki if u download ebcause it comes with better recolor that none has think befor like SUPER HIPER SHADOW AND MEFILES TEH DARK AND ALL MY FAN SONIC CHARACTRES AND THEONES BY MY FRIENDS!!!!

Been a while since I read the rules, but I seem to remember examples of what's a good and a bad description, and an example of the bad was along the lines of
"OMG, shes like so sexy you haz to dl dis hack!".

Pretty much what his guy is doing.

Someone straiten him out, or am I off base?

Lead Developer of Brawl Revamped Project
Brawl Revamped

August 19, 2012, 03:40:56 AM #4480 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:50:49 AM by chaos_knight9000
Let the guy slide. He made that as a joke because there are so many Shadow hacks and ports in the Vault.

Btw the link you provided lead to another hack. I assume you were talking about this http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28291

You should find your sense of humor first. :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: WTVelocity on August 19, 2012, 03:07:47 AM

I reported this hack earlier, but he sent me an ugly mail saying I will get banned for fraudulent reporting.
Didn't fix it, either.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27628


His current description:
Been a while since I read the rules, but I seem to remember examples of what's a good and a bad description, and an example of the bad was along the lines of
"OMG, shes like so sexy you haz to dl dis hack!".

Pretty much what his guy is doing.

Someone straiten him out, or am I off base?

I've seen so many descriptions like this, and no one's cared. I find it a tad bit ridiculous when they say things like this, but I see this only hurt the guy who puts it there in the first place.

Quote from: Anonymous on August 19, 2012, 03:48:38 AM
I've seen so many descriptions like this, and no one's cared. I find it a tad bit ridiculous when they say things like this, but I see this only hurt the guy who puts it there in the first place.
i do it to show its a joke hack. why waste time on a srs description when the hack wasnt even srs
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And then People Ask why Capcom is [censored]ing with the Megaman fans...
but I now know

probably the same reason why we [censored] with the shadow fans lol

Quote from: WTVelocity on August 19, 2012, 03:07:47 AM
Been a while since I read the rules, but I seem to remember examples of what's a good and a bad description, and an example of the bad was along the lines of
"OMG, shes like so sexy you haz to dl dis hack!".
You should read them again. Because you made this up entirely.