Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on December 02, 2012, 02:56:10 AM
I believe many people in this thread  have suggested the ability to show "recently edited" hacks in the Vault.
But I offered suggestions on how to fix the flaws.


December 02, 2012, 04:08:48 AM #5356 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:16:51 AM by ds22
Just so that everyone knows, I did have the Ike voice pack on the vault before (uploaded it around 2010, when Sawndz didn't even exist and I had to do it with Stickman's tutorial), as part of a bundle of voice packs (listed under Fox in case anyone was curious).
Recently though, I made a Japanese Ivy voice pack, and figured that splitting them would be better for convenience sake.
Also, thanks for the support you guys, really appreciate it.

How different does a texture have to be to be considered a "new" hack? If someone takes a texture that I made and throws some furry porn pictures on top of it, then reuploads it (without even crediting me for the original), is that against any rules?

Quote from: hotdogturtle on December 02, 2012, 07:55:49 AM
How different does a texture have to be to be considered a "new" hack? If someone takes a texture that I made and throws some furry porn pictures on top of it, then reuploads it (without even crediting me for the original), is that against any rules?
Yeah it doesn't take much to count as plagiarism. If they just add pictures to it and don't change anything else and people can tell its theirs. Then its against the rules.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

December 02, 2012, 01:08:03 PM #5359 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:13:00 PM by Miacis
(I love how everyone was arguing in favor of ds22, but based on blind faith and because he's a GMod instead of ... y'know, just pointing out that it's the same base source, like SJS did.
Could we avoid that kind of favoritism in judgement just because the person asking is a "noob" and the other suspect is more of a veteran? I have nothing against ds22, but everybody can make mistakes, not just newbies.
So just stick to the facts for these, ok?)

Quote from: hotdogturtle on December 02, 2012, 07:55:49 AM
How different does a texture have to be to be considered a "new" hack? If someone takes a texture that I made and throws some furry porn pictures on top of it, then reuploads it (without even crediting me for the original), is that against any rules?
It's depending on how much of your texture can be recognized...
If there's like, 10 square pixels total of your original texture visible, neither the BV staff's acute eye nor any user will even recognize it's your previous work, so it's not like it's going to be a case of plagiarism if we can't even see it.
If there' a decent bunch of your texture being recognizable, then chances are the person will be asked to either credit you, collab you, or the hack will be deleted in some extreme cases.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

December 02, 2012, 01:12:32 PM #5360 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:13:59 PM by Albafika
Being a veteran/GMod doesn't makes him unable to steal something.

As for the sorting thing: It's not needed. Simple as that. It's up to Vyse to implement it or not, as he's the only one with access to the code. But, rendering it as unneeded, it might not be worth the time.

Quote from: Miacis on December 02, 2012, 01:08:03 PM
(I love how everyone was arguing in favor of ds22, but based on blind faith and because he's a GMod instead of ... y'know, just pointing out that it's the same base source, like SJS did.
Could we avoid that kind of favoritism in judgement just because the person asking is a "noob" and the other suspect is more of a veteran? I have nothing against ds22, but everybody can make mistakes, not just newbies.
So just stick to the facts for these, ok?)
Ninja'ed. <_<

Quote from: Miacis on December 02, 2012, 01:08:03 PM
It's depending on how much of your texture can be recognized...
If there's like, 10 square pixels total of your original texture visible, neither the BV staff's acute eye nor any user will even recognize it's your previous work, so it's not like it's going to be a case of plagiarism if we can't even see it.
If there' a decent bunch of your texture being recognizable, then chances are the person will be asked to either credit you, collab you, or the hack will be deleted in some extreme cases.
Well it was quite literally the way I described it. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29936

At least I see that someone else reported it for credit issues since last night. I wasn't able to report it yesterday because it already had a different report pending (asking it to remove the nudity).

Quote from: Albafika on December 02, 2012, 01:12:32 PM
Being a veteran/GMod doesn't makes him unable to steal something.

As for the sorting thing: It's not needed. Simple as that. It's up to Vyse to implement it or not, as he's the only one with access to the code. But, rendering it as unneeded, it might not be worth the time.
Ninja'ed. <_<
True, but I never stole anything before, nor had any attention to do so.
It's part of the whole veteran argumentation (and comparing my voice pack with JirachiMaster's in a hex editor shows that they are different).

And me uploading this voice pack wasn't a mistake, it was just part of a download re-organization is all.

Quote from: ds22 on December 02, 2012, 03:09:56 PM
True, but I never stole anything before, nor had any attention to do so.
It's part of the whole veteran argumentation (and comparing my voice pack with JirachiMaster's in a hex editor shows that they are different).

And me uploading this voice pack wasn't a mistake, it was just part of a download re-organization is all.
... I'm not saying you stole it.

Anyways, back on topic.

December 02, 2012, 04:06:16 PM #5364 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:17:05 PM by SJS
Quote from: hotdogturtle on December 02, 2012, 02:02:28 PM
Well it was quite literally the way I described it. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29936

At least I see that someone else reported it for credit issues since last night. I wasn't able to report it yesterday because it already had a different report pending (asking it to remove the nudity).

Wow, I can't believe how chagrined he is because I removed his pictures that had Pokemon hentai in them. Hahaha.

Also, may I suggest a rule that discourages users from using pictures in their submissions that aren't of the actual hack? It can be rather misleading sometimes.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: ds22 on December 02, 2012, 03:09:56 PM(and comparing my voice pack with JirachiMaster's in a hex editor shows that they are different)

Mine was taken directly from the Japanese smashbros_sound.brsar, I just used sawndz to make a file for Ike's sound group as a whole. How did you make yours? :/

Quote from: SJS on December 02, 2012, 04:06:16 PM
Also, may I suggest a rule that discourages users from using pictures in their submissions that aren't of the actual hack? It can be rather misleading sometimes.
I'll throw my support behind this.  Pics that aren't of the actual hack serve no purpose except for filling up space, and like you said, they can be really misleading.

Quote from: Miacis on December 02, 2012, 01:08:03 PM
(I love how everyone was arguing in favor of ds22, but based on blind faith and because he's a GMod instead of ... y'know, just pointing out that it's the same base source, like SJS did.
Could we avoid that kind of favoritism in judgement just because the person asking is a "noob" and the other suspect is more of a veteran? I have nothing against ds22, but everybody can make mistakes, not just newbies.
Yeah I thought of pointing this out but decided not to. I'm sure some of you remember Milkaholic ;)

Quote from: JirachiMaster on December 02, 2012, 04:41:53 PM
Mine was taken directly from the Japanese smashbros_sound.brsar, I just used sawndz to make a file for Ike's sound group as a whole. How did you make yours? :/
Quote from: Albafika on December 02, 2012, 03:13:04 PM
Anyways, back on topic.

    Quote from: Victory Badguy on December 02, 2012, 05:18:38 PMI'll throw my support behind this.  Pics that aren't of the actual hack serve no purpose except for filling up space, and like you said, they can be really misleading.
    It's been a rule forever

    Quote from: Albafika on September 21, 2012, 10:47:00 PM
    • When creating, for example, a hack based on an anime character, a picture of the actual anime character is not an acceptable preview.