Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1838370 times)
??_?
Attention. I have your Attention.
Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5295 on: November 29, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »

What's wrong with that? Some people ask for donations and stuff, what's the difference?

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5296 on: November 29, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »

If I got 10 cents for every download on my vault,
    I'd have $3,474.80!?

What's wrong with that? Some people ask for donations and stuff, what's the difference?

It's not really "donations" though, it's like forced payment in a way, even though the user isn't necessarily losing money (but they are wasting their lives looking at and skipping adfly ads)...

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5297 on: November 29, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »

If I got 10 cents for every download on my vault,
    I'd have $3,474.80!?

Lol,LOL!
    If that worked would make the memorable quote "If hacking paid bills" real Tongue

can we report an import for an arm not rigged?
    only one arm is rigged lol
    o_O
    In that case i have a large list of similar problems >_>
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:49:04 PM by Anivernage » Logged

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5298 on: November 29, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »

Well, I do know we can't ask money for stuff here. That would get us C&D'd. I'd assume if we were being strict that Ad.fly would count with the "getting money off of stuff we didn't make" thing. Not that using Ad.fly would actually attract attention from a company like Nintendo, but it would still be against the rules. Just my opinion, is all.

The way I see it, donations aren't mandatory. Donations are generosity, not business.  Donations are "I'm giving this to you because I like what you're doing." You can't rely on donations.

Ad.fly is kind of "If you want this thing, you'll have to go through this thing that will make me money." That's like a (extra low-low-level-super-metaphorical) hold-up situation.

I mean, I recently saw someone putting up a soundtrack from a Sonic fangame (that wasn't his) using Ad.fly. It's kinda the same. Making money off of stuff that isn't yours.

NOTICE: Ninja'd.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5299 on: November 29, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »

Well, I do know we can't ask money for stuff here. That would get us C&D'd. I'd assume if we were being strict that Ad.fly would count with the "getting money off of stuff we didn't make" thing. Not that using Ad.fly would actually attract attention from a company like Nintendo, but it would still be against the rules. Just my opinion, is all.

The way I see it, donations aren't mandatory. Donations are generosity, not business.  Donations are "I'm giving this to you because I like what you're doing." You can't rely on donations.

Ad.fly is kind of "If you want this thing, you'll have to go through this thing that will make me money." That's like a (extra low-low-level-super-metaphorical) hold-up situation.

I mean, I recently saw someone putting up a soundtrack from a Sonic fangame (that wasn't his) using Ad.fly. It's kinda the same. Making money off of stuff that isn't yours.

NOTICE: Ninja'd.
    We can get C&D'd as it is now though...

I guess it'd be annoying to have every hack have an adfly link, but they don't get revenue if you skip ads, do they? So it isn't really forced payment.  And they really aren't making very much anyways. If you're downloading a mod in the first place, why would you not want to support the artist?

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5300 on: November 29, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »

We can get C&D'd as it is now though...

I guess it'd be annoying to have every hack have an adfly link, but they don't get revenue if you skip ads, do they? So it isn't really forced payment.  And they really aren't making very much anyways. If you're downloading a mod in the first place, why would you not want to support the artist?

Sure, we can, but why rock the boat? Also, I'm not sure about the skip. Isn't the five-second wait there so that the ads can load? I'll have to look into that.

Thirdly, I'd be all for Ad.fly links if what was being downloaded was original work.

Not "I rigged this thing that was ripped from a game" but "I modeled, textured and rigged this thing myself." Most of what we have on the vault isn't original in that sense.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5301 on: November 29, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »

Yeah, I guess it'd be pretty ridiculous to have them on music.

Meta Jirachi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5302 on: November 29, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »

All of the links RandomTBush posted from boygos and such have ad.fly in them. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to report them myself or if its an admin or moderator's job for things like this.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29580
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28516
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28242
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27545
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27535
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26554
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26381
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26068
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25941
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25911
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25399
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25192

N/A

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5303 on: November 29, 2012, 10:50:56 PM »

Just joining in to say that as far as I know you cannot get legal problems from modding unless it encourages piracy or make money out of something not made by you. So as long as we don't get paid it should be fine, at least as far as I know. I could buy a lot of stuff if I got .10 dollars per download, what BJ said, made me realize that Tongue, but it wouldn't be right.

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5304 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »

I could buy a lot of stuff if I got .10 dollars per download, what BJ said, made me realize that Tongue, but it wouldn't be right.
    But you effort doing it, but youre right with the if isnt made by you.
    But sorry to bring this back just is a question.

For example i made 2 custom models...watt and broggy and they arent copy or clones of other model is my own work. If only "If" the vault lets i use adfly in the models download..this is considered right or still is considered illegal/ or wrong?

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5305 on: November 30, 2012, 01:16:35 AM »

I'm not sure, for example, I made fireman.exe a custom model from scratch. It has my effort on modelying, UVs and rigging, but still I can't use it to gain money since the character is not mine. The model is mine but the identity of the character is not of my property. Legal stuff with intelectual rights can be weird Tongue

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5306 on: November 30, 2012, 04:02:21 AM »

In all legal, official, and what ever stuff, Here's my bit on the matter:
    Using Adfly to gain money on som'in that we're doing is highly illegal. hell what we do is already that. No matter if the model is 100% som'in no one's ever seen, or a game rip, it's still not our data code that we're injecting into brawl. If the game was made by us, I'd say "Go for it". But it's not. Also Having to take an extra step to download som'in from the vault is really not nessisary and Adfly can, and has, confused people into clicking the wrong thing.

Minecraft is known for it's huge mod base and adfly use cause of how popular it is. It's been stated that the devs incurage Modding of the client, so using Adfly in that case is ok.
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:03:44 AM by Ӄit ßallarɖ » Logged

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5307 on: November 30, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »

Yeah, that's understandable. I don't think that people are wrong to ask for donations though

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5308 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »

Yeah, that's understandable. I don't think that people are wrong to ask for donations though
    Right. Donations usually help in many ways, all the while being temporary deposits to that person. Which is actually a real legal monitory tender style.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5309 on: November 30, 2012, 06:40:34 PM »

Right. Donations usually help in many ways, all the while being temporary deposits to that person. Which is actually a real legal monitory tender style.

i remember i put a donations thing on my thread and everyone went crazy about it

and last month someone actually donated

i got 3 bucks

Awesome Face

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: