Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SJS on December 06, 2012, 02:43:51 AMJust because it shows up in Brawl Box doesn't mean it'll work in-game. I don't think he deserves a free pass for not having in-game shots.
Exactly this. ^

In-game pics need to show that the model works in game, has working shaders, materials, metal, expressions, and FS Eyes.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: SJS on December 06, 2012, 02:43:51 AM
Just because it shows up in Brawl Box doesn't mean it'll work in-game. I don't think he deserves a free pass for not having in-game shots.

Perhaps someone could provide images for him?  I saw that he stated in the description that he was unable provide in-game pics.  Shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: BuckWild on December 06, 2012, 02:48:11 AM
Perhaps someone could provide images for him?  I saw that he stated in the description that he was unable provide in-game pics.  Shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

That's what everyone says... take pictures for them. But no one ever takes pictures for them. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials for getting in-game pictures. It's easy compared to model importing.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on December 06, 2012, 02:51:27 AM
That's what everyone says... take pictures for them. But no one ever takes pictures for them. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials for getting in-game pictures. It's easy compared to model importing.

Well, I never said I wouldn't volunteer to do it.

I have Dolphin, so it's easy as can be to take pictures.

Now, where would you suggest I display it?  Through a PM to Resistance, or somewhere on the forums where staff would solve issues with hack submissions?  Meaning, which method is more likely to make the hack updated with the images?  I think PM would be the smarter thing, but I'm not sure how he'd react to it.  Staff members have a lot more to deal with on the forums, although they all seem to take pride in doing their assigned jobs and hobbies.

If I could get some input, it'd be helpful for future reference.  I'm still getting used to this forum... it's unbelievably more strict than the one I'm used to (not that this forum is too much, it's just the policies are rather different).
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

December 06, 2012, 03:10:07 AM #5419 Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:12:38 AM by Mr.MW
Quote from: SJS on December 06, 2012, 02:51:27 AM
That's what everyone says... take pictures for them. But no one ever takes pictures for them. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials for getting in-game pictures. It's easy compared to model importing.
i have a video tutorial and a text tutorial
i would like it to be in the submission process
i havent seen any real useful tutorials :srs:
i did pm it to Miacis once but never got an answer
i dont know if miacis has the power to incorporate it to the submission process :-[

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 06, 2012, 03:10:07 AM
i have a video tutorial and a text tutorial
i would like it to be in the submission process
i havent seen any real useful tutorials :srs:
i did pm it to Miacis once but never got an answer
i dont know if miacis has the power to incorporate it to the submission process :-[
I support this.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509


One small suggestion for newb uploaders: a little more info about the preview link for a video when submitting.

Preview Link: (the link in the your browser's URL box when viewing a video)

Or maybe even an example of what the Preview Link should look like!

Preview Link: (Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsi9YWpxDWA)

Would make it a little easier on people making their first submission, and reduce the number of "Can't get my preview video to work!" threads in the Help section.


^I'm making fun of myself here...
With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
(I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: BuckWild on December 06, 2012, 03:02:47 AM
Well, I never said I wouldn't volunteer to do it.

I have Dolphin, so it's easy as can be to take pictures.

Now, where would you suggest I display it?  Through a PM to Resistance, or somewhere on the forums where staff would solve issues with hack submissions?  Meaning, which method is more likely to make the hack updated with the images?  I think PM would be the smarter thing, but I'm not sure how he'd react to it.  Staff members have a lot more to deal with on the forums, although they all seem to take pride in doing their assigned jobs and hobbies.

If I could get some input, it'd be helpful for future reference.  I'm still getting used to this forum... it's unbelievably more strict than the one I'm used to (not that this forum is too much, it's just the policies are rather different).

Just PM him the pictures. Word it however you want, just don't demand that he add them. It's still his hack and all.

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 06, 2012, 03:10:07 AM
i have a video tutorial and a text tutorial
i would like it to be in the submission process
i havent seen any real useful tutorials :srs:
i did pm it to Miacis once but never got an answer
i dont know if miacis has the power to incorporate it to the submission process :-[

I understand your desire to help, but there's only so much hand-holding that can be done in the submission process. There are thousand of properly organized Brawl Vault submission to use for reference and the forums have an entire section devoted to help and tutorials. Combine that with the semi-adequate search function and all the information needed to properly submit a hack is readily available. Users need to show initiative and take advantage of the many resources available.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on December 06, 2012, 07:03:35 AM
Just PM him the pictures. Word it however you want, just don't demand that he add them. It's still his hack and all.

Thanks for the tip, SJS.  I appreciate it.  He's added them, so no need to worry about that hack now. :)
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: linda john on December 06, 2012, 10:11:01 AM
like this forum
Agreed but can you refrain from posting stuff that's not related to the thread
personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

December 06, 2012, 03:42:33 PM #5426 Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:43:34 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Carnage on December 05, 2012, 08:15:14 PM
it should be a rule for wario,bowser,zelda/sheik,samus and zss becuase they really need the 2
Eh... I'm not sure... It's not like it's so hard to make the .PAC off the .PCS or vice-versa... I don't feel it's really needed to force the uploader to have them both, as there's never been a big issue concerning this before... We might as well consider it, though, but I stand against this idea.. Thoughts, guys?

Quote from: linda john on December 06, 2012, 10:11:01 AM
like this forum
I smell a bot. :>.>:

Quote from: Albafika on December 06, 2012, 03:42:33 PM
Eh... I'm not sure... It's not like it's so hard to make the .PAC off the .PCS or vice-versa... I don't feel it's really needed to force the uploader to have them both, as there's never been a big issue concerning this before... We might as well consider it, though, but I stand against this idea.. Thoughts, guys?

I agree that people shouldn't be forced to add .PAC files when it's so easy to make them.  Maybe it should just be recommended that they add them, like a little note somewhere that says "Adding a .PAC would be a nice thing to do" or something like that.

Is the PAC file supposed to be larger than the PCS when saving a PCS as a PAC?

I had this issue of saving a PCS file as a PAC file, and they both had the same filesize.  Is this normal?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: BuckWild on December 06, 2012, 04:56:01 PM
Is the PAC file supposed to be larger than the PCS when saving a PCS as a PAC?

I had this issue of saving a PCS file as a PAC file, and they both had the same filesize.  Is this normal?
You also need to remove the lz77 compression for it to save as a .PAC properly. .PCSs are lz77-compressed, .PACs are not.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.