Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1838283 times)
Chaos_Knight
Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5415 on: December 05, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »

Just because it shows up in Brawl Box doesn't mean it'll work in-game. I don't think he deserves a free pass for not having in-game shots.
    Exactly this. ^

In-game pics need to show that the model works in game, has working shaders, materials, metal, expressions, and FS Eyes.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5416 on: December 05, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

Just because it shows up in Brawl Box doesn't mean it'll work in-game. I don't think he deserves a free pass for not having in-game shots.

Perhaps someone could provide images for him?  I saw that he stated in the description that he was unable provide in-game pics.  Shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5417 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »

Perhaps someone could provide images for him?  I saw that he stated in the description that he was unable provide in-game pics.  Shouldn't be too big of a deal, right?

That's what everyone says... take pictures for them. But no one ever takes pictures for them. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials for getting in-game pictures. It's easy compared to model importing.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5418 on: December 05, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »

That's what everyone says... take pictures for them. But no one ever takes pictures for them. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials for getting in-game pictures. It's easy compared to model importing.

Well, I never said I wouldn't volunteer to do it.

I have Dolphin, so it's easy as can be to take pictures.

Now, where would you suggest I display it?  Through a PM to Resistance, or somewhere on the forums where staff would solve issues with hack submissions?  Meaning, which method is more likely to make the hack updated with the images?  I think PM would be the smarter thing, but I'm not sure how he'd react to it.  Staff members have a lot more to deal with on the forums, although they all seem to take pride in doing their assigned jobs and hobbies.

If I could get some input, it'd be helpful for future reference.  I'm still getting used to this forum... it's unbelievably more strict than the one I'm used to (not that this forum is too much, it's just the policies are rather different).

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5419 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »

i have a video tutorial and a text tutorial
    i would like it to be in the submission process
    i havent seen any real useful tutorials Im srs here
    i did pm it to Miacis once but never got an answer
    i dont know if miacis has the power to incorporate it to the submission process Embarrassed
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:12:38 PM by Mr.MW » Logged

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5420 on: December 05, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »

i dont know if miacis has the power to incorporate it to the submission process Embarrassed
    I support this.

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5421 on: December 05, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »

high five Chaos
    Cheesy

WarioManX
    Unofficial Ninja
    Special Access

Silent but deadly!

• Awards 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Dedicated Hacker Featured Rising Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5422 on: December 05, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »

One small suggestion for newb uploaders: a little more info about the preview link for a video when submitting.

Code:
    Preview Link: (the link in the your browser's URL box when viewing a video)

Or maybe even an example of what the Preview Link should look like!

Code:
    Preview Link: (Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsi9YWpxDWA)

Would make it a little easier on people making their first submission, and reduce the number of "Can't get my preview video to work!" threads in the Help section.

^I'm making fun of myself here...

With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
    But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
    NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
    (I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #5423 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »

Well, I never said I wouldn't volunteer to do it.

I have Dolphin, so it's easy as can be to take pictures.

Now, where would you suggest I display it?  Through a PM to Resistance, or somewhere on the forums where staff would solve issues with hack submissions?  Meaning, which method is more likely to make the hack updated with the images?  I think PM would be the smarter thing, but I'm not sure how he'd react to it.  Staff members have a lot more to deal with on the forums, although they all seem to take pride in doing their assigned jobs and hobbies.

If I could get some input, it'd be helpful for future reference.  I'm still getting used to this forum... it's unbelievably more strict than the one I'm used to (not that this forum is too much, it's just the policies are rather different).

Just PM him the pictures. Word it however you want, just don't demand that he add them. It's still his hack and all.

I understand your desire to help, but there's only so much hand-holding that can be done in the submission process. There are thousand of properly organized Brawl Vault submission to use for reference and the forums have an entire section devoted to help and tutorials. Combine that with the semi-adequate search function and all the information needed to properly submit a hack is readily available. Users need to show initiative and take advantage of the many resources available.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5424 on: December 06, 2012, 07:10:19 AM »

Just PM him the pictures. Word it however you want, just don't demand that he add them. It's still his hack and all.

Thanks for the tip, SJS.  I appreciate it.  He's added them, so no need to worry about that hack now. Smiley

Speedy101
    Holy Kitten

You were my New Dream

• Awards Warm Welcomer Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5425 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:11 AM »

like this forum
    Agreed but can you refrain from posting stuff that's not related to the thread

personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5426 on: December 06, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »

it should be a rule for wario,bowser,zelda/sheik,samus and zss becuase they really need the 2
    Eh... I'm not sure... It's not like it's so hard to make the .PAC off the .PCS or vice-versa... I don't feel it's really needed to force the uploader to have them both, as there's never been a big issue concerning this before... We might as well consider it, though, but I stand against this idea.. Thoughts, guys?

like this forum
    I smell a bot. I see what you did there ...
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:43:34 AM by Albafika » Logged

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5427 on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:36 AM »

Eh... I'm not sure... It's not like it's so hard to make the .PAC off the .PCS or vice-versa... I don't feel it's really needed to force the uploader to have them both, as there's never been a big issue concerning this before... We might as well consider it, though, but I stand against this idea.. Thoughts, guys?

I agree that people shouldn't be forced to add .PAC files when it's so easy to make them.  Maybe it should just be recommended that they add them, like a little note somewhere that says "Adding a .PAC would be a nice thing to do" or something like that.

Linkxp500
    Hyper Kitten

Momentai!

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5428 on: December 06, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »

Is the PAC file supposed to be larger than the PCS when saving a PCS as a PAC?

I had this issue of saving a PCS file as a PAC file, and they both had the same filesize.  Is this normal?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #5429 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »

Is the PAC file supposed to be larger than the PCS when saving a PCS as a PAC?

I had this issue of saving a PCS file as a PAC file, and they both had the same filesize.  Is this normal?
    You also need to remove the lz77 compression for it to save as a .PAC properly. .PCSs are lz77-compressed, .PACs are not.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages:  1 ... 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: