Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

i have a suggestion

can the newest 10 be split into the newest 10 texture [or something] and the newest 10 music [at least spilt the music] cause i find it kinda anoying if im looking for new texture and jugding from the title it says i would think its something neat and then when i click it then its mostly some music that im totally not interested in.

Check the icons of the newest list.

Smiley - Char
Note - Audio
Pi - Stage
Radioactive - Other


January 07, 2011, 07:22:38 PM #17 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:24:03 PM by vontower
My issue isnt that i can't see it all,
I want to be able to see more hacks at a time. Because the actual portion of the vault that shows the hacks is so small, we can't see many at a time and therefore it becomes more difficult to browse.

I see no reason to have them all exist in a second scrollable section. The page ends up having 3+ scrollers, if you include the hack description window
This is my Hack Thread
                        
Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
Download                            Download

Wow. Yes (@ a few posts ago). PLEASE make a button that can toggle music hacks out of the Newest 10 list. That crap is so annoying when it takes up the majority of the list (aka always).

can someone please add HexEdit to the resources tab:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11656041&postcount=2778

also...
I tired of this site error... (the post window)

I tend to type long posts,
but I can't see what I'm typing because after a certain length of chars typed,
the textbox scroll position will start jumping back to a certain spot...

I usually post when this starts happening, and use the quick-editor to finish my post...

please fix this so I don't have to type in notepad and paste it here or something...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I would like for hacks of Subspace Emissary enemies to have their own category rather than going under "Other".
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: SmashClash on January 07, 2011, 02:28:48 AM
Picano, when I try to make my sig in BrawlVault, it doesn't show the image when I click "Browse". Then I pick my image. Then I click "Upload New Image(Replaces Old One)"
*Other stuff*
I then click "Generate Image" and it doesn't show my custom image as a background.
Also, the letters are sort of behind the each other; like a 3D "S", for example.

Ok, here are pics:

Link to my new sig: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4914/brawlvaultsig.png
I fixed the 3-D letters thing, btw.
Picture Not Found:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7196/sighelp.png

Idea: Search for a hack by it's name

Seriously I've spent like hours going through BV looking for a hack because top downloads can be biased, newly downloaded doesn't always work if you don't know when it was made, and alphebetical takes forever.

January 07, 2011, 10:27:14 PM #23 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:30:14 PM by Memories
Quote from: Black Boo on January 07, 2011, 10:25:36 PM
Idea: Search for a hack by it's name

Seriously I've spent like hours going through BV looking for a hack because top downloads can be biased, newly downloaded doesn't always work if you don't know when it was made, and alphebetical takes forever.

Thats why there is a advance search it's much easier to use for searching for a hack.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Suggestion: adding the Sawndz program to the resources.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


January 08, 2011, 01:09:28 AM #25 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:47:33 AM by picano
Quote from: vontower on January 07, 2011, 07:22:38 PM
My issue isnt that i can't see it all,
I want to be able to see more hacks at a time. Because the actual portion of the vault that shows the hacks is so small, we can't see many at a time and therefore it becomes more difficult to browse.

I see no reason to have them all exist in a second scrollable section. The page ends up having 3+ scrollers, if you include the hack description window

Idea as proposed by Jack was to have quick access to the navigation at all times. Could change / make an optional fix... but it might be a while. HTML / CSS fixes are a major pain --- especially considering the discrepancies with different browsers (and this being one of the few times I prefer IEs implementation).

Also what's your resolution? We based it off my laptops 1280x800 and I can see at best 5 hacks with images, at worst 3.

Quote from: hotdogturtle on January 07, 2011, 08:37:50 PM
Wow. Yes (@ a few posts ago). PLEASE make a button that can toggle music hacks out of the Newest 10 list. That crap is so annoying when it takes up the majority of the list (aka always).

If you want music of something else, just go to the appropriate section - all. Newest 10 is just for fun, if you want more specific stuff... bookmark a search page.

Quote from: Tcll on January 07, 2011, 09:48:55 PM
can someone please add HexEdit to the resources tab:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11656041&postcount=2778

Quote from: Segtendo on January 07, 2011, 10:48:46 PM
Suggestion: adding the Sawndz program to the resources.

I'll bug Jack about those.

Quote from: Tcll on January 07, 2011, 09:48:55 PM
also...
I tired of this site error... (the post window)

I tend to type long posts,
but I can't see what I'm typing because after a certain length of chars typed,
the textbox scroll position will start jumping back to a certain spot...

I usually post when this starts happening, and use the quick-editor to finish my post...

please fix this so I don't have to type in notepad and paste it here or something...


I... have no idea. Never really experienced it myself nor understand anything of the posting code. Does it happen in quickpost, normal post, and quick-edit? What browser?

Quote from: PAVGN on January 07, 2011, 10:05:07 PM
I would like for hacks of Subspace Emissary enemies to have their own category rather than going under "Other".

Fair enough. Done.

Quote from: SmashClash on January 07, 2011, 10:20:19 PMOk, here are pics:

Link to my new sig: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4914/brawlvaultsig.png
I fixed the 3-D letters thing, btw.
Picture Not Found:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7196/sighelp.png

See the scrollbar? You missed the error. Also, you completely disregarded the size note.

Quote from: Black Boo on January 07, 2011, 10:25:36 PM
Idea: Search for a hack by it's name

Seriously I've spent like hours going through BV looking for a hack because top downloads can be biased, newly downloaded doesn't always work if you don't know when it was made, and alphebetical takes forever.

Quote from: Memories on January 07, 2011, 10:27:14 PM
Thats why there is a advance search it's much easier to use for searching for a hack.

This.


January 08, 2011, 02:06:53 AM #26 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:06:56 PM by Tcll
@Picano:
so I've made a vid telling/showing you what happens

lol I sound more annoyed/depressed in the vid than I really was :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOyqa3mpmA

so anyways...
it only happens in the advanced post window.

and before you ask, yes I had to say what I typed XD

anyways, please try to fix :)

also, sry bout the buzzing in the background...
I had to build my mic...

IDK why it's so quiet though, it's usually quite loud :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

My resolution is 1920 x 1200 and I always only see 2 1/2 hacks with images.
I'm using Firefox

would it be difficult to have the entire page of hacks not appear in that section and just extend the length of the page?
its kinda hard to explain what I'm asking
This is my Hack Thread
                        
Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
Download                            Download

Quote from: picano on January 08, 2011, 01:09:28 AM
Quote from: PAVGN on January 07, 2011, 10:05:07 PM
I would like for hacks of Subspace Emissary enemies to have their own category rather than going under "Other".

Fair enough. Done.

Thanks picano.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Tcll on January 08, 2011, 02:06:53 AM
@Picano:
so I've made a vid telling/showing you what happens

lol I sound more annoyed/depressed in the vid than I really was :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOyqa3mpmA

so anyways...
it only happens in the advanced post window.

and before you ask, yes I had to say what I typed XD

anyways, please try to fix :)

also, sry bout the buzzing in the background...
I had to build my mic...

IDK why it's so quiet though, it's usually quite loud :/

Seems to be an IE only issue, recreated but not in FF or Chrome. Seems to be calling some javascript on every character entry... not sure what.

My first suggestion: Get a better browser. If not for you, for the sake of your loved ones. ;P

Research indicates it to be an IE bug, not a forum bug.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?P=e9156ecd626b6396f80d4bb8446cf1e3&topic=309186.0

I see a few quick fixes on there... I'll try them out later.

Quote from: vontower on January 08, 2011, 02:13:46 AM
My resolution is 1920 x 1200 and I always only see 2 1/2 hacks with images.
I'm using Firefox

would it be difficult to have the entire page of hacks not appear in that section and just extend the length of the page?
its kinda hard to explain what I'm asking

Nah, I understand what you're saying just fine. Problem is... IE will actually expand a div if new content is placed into it, Firefox, Chrome, and other good browsers will not (without additional code). What happens outside of IE is that the text and images would overlap the credits in the footer.

As I said, it's possible to fix up but just a little awkward to do so. And with school once again, not sure if my free time will allow a decent fix.

Though... it is weird that at your resolution you only see that much... large font size maybe?