Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KTH on May 20, 2011, 11:09:21 PM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19005

That racist.

It is forbidden to represent the face of Mahomet in whatever it is, even in SSBB.

This texture has to be to remove.

I don't believe that a hack should be racist or offend anyone in any way.

That should be deleted.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on May 20, 2011, 11:29:13 PM
I don't believe that a hack should be racist or offend anyone in any way.

That should be deleted.

That offend me.

Can you incorpore "wi-fi safe/not-safe/unknown" into Advanced Search?

I wanted to search for Wi-Fi safe import stages like Rihuganon's.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on May 21, 2011, 01:24:53 AM
Can you incorpore "wi-fi safe/not-safe/unknown" into Advanced Search?

I wanted to search for Wi-Fi safe import stages like Rihuganon's.
Good idea, I want that.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Quote from: KTH on May 20, 2011, 11:31:49 PM
That offend me.
But PAVGN probably didn't make this to offend anyone, it should be deleted it it was meant to offend people.

Really, if someone made a hack of Jesus, I don't think it should be removed.

Quote from: Hax on May 21, 2011, 01:32:43 AM
But PAVGN probably didn't make this to offend anyone, it should be deleted it it was meant to offend people.

Really, if someone made a hack of Jesus, I don't think it should be removed.

And someone actually did too

Quote from: Cascade on May 21, 2011, 01:33:18 AM
And someone actually did too
I see it now.

So if that gets deleted, you might as well delete Jesus as well.

Quote from: Hax on May 21, 2011, 01:32:43 AM
Really, if someone made a hack of Jesus, I don't think it should be removed.
I think it should be IMMEDIATELY removed.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Yeah I remember that Jesus hack over Zelda..

It was a long time ago, don't know if it was even on the Vault.

They should both be removed in my opinion.

I don't think PAVGN really intended to offend anyone, but I remember how "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" came about. The whole reason that exists was to offend Muslim extremists who threatened terrorism at Comedy Central for depicting him on South Park, and won. So, yeah, it's still offensive and should be removed.

I'm not really religious, and I don't feel strongly about the Jesus hack one way or another, but if we're trying to not step on any religion's toes here it might not be a bad idea to remove it. If Muhammad's getting deleted Jesus probably should too.


Well, I'm not removing it. Any other staff member is free to... but I simply won't. It's not even really in bad taste; the hack itself is decent enough, the only thing going against it is the entire no-depict thing...

I just can't bring myself to censor anything simply because it goes against someone's religion. Everyone is free to believe what they want as long as they don't harm other people while doing it. (Although I'm all up for trolling the hell out of the WBC when they drop by my campus / these judgement day people)

As for searching for wifi safe... eh... I'll do it if I remember to when I have free time.


Quote from: picano on May 21, 2011, 04:35:45 AM
Well, I'm not removing it. Any other staff member is free to... but I simply won't. It's not even really in bad taste; the hack itself is decent enough, the only thing going against it is the entire no-depict thing...

I just can't bring myself to censor anything simply because it goes against someone's religion. Everyone is free to believe what they want as long as they don't harm other people while doing it. (Although I'm all up for trolling the hell out of the WBC when they drop by my campus / these judgement day people)

As for searching for wifi safe... eh... I'll do it if I remember to when I have free time.

^This.

Also, this forum is not christian or anything of the sort, if you're offended by it, so be it. I, for once, am not offended.

When forced to choose between letting people make the hacks they want and pandering to someone's religious sensitivities, it should be pretty obvious which way we're gonna go.

Funny how the forums have a rule for offensive material and the vault doesn't...

I find making religion based hacks a joke of really bad taste. It can really offend people.

It's like letting some guy walk around nude because he wants to. Many people would be offended by that, even though no physical harm was caused to them.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on May 21, 2011, 09:29:29 AM
Funny how the forums have a rule for offensive material
Funny how it never mentions religion.

The "etc." in the second point includes religion, but that's it.