Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Thats the only way I ever thought of it... and Thany you arent well known? Hm, I knew about you for a while now. Also, I agree with the guy above you. I only released my first two psas yesterday morning and they aren't that big. I would like to be acknowledged by the creator if they use something of mine as a base, but I don't care about credit or permission. Not like they make money from it.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?


Is he taking credit for the hacks or not?

"Well first off,I did not create non of these hacks"

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

June 25, 2012, 12:26:58 AM #3753 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:28:58 AM by Kienamaru
 (modified, Sorry, i fail at quoting... deleted too much. The below was said by Asf1nk)


These edits took merely a few seconds to make. I just don't see the effort on this type of submissions.
In the other hand we have stuff like this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26180
It makes me very happy to know, that someone took what I made and made it his "own," in a way that you can see the time and effort he put into it as compared to the other edits. It's basically still a somewhat "simple" edit, but it barely resembles to what the base hack was.




Wait a sec...  AsF, you made something similar to that? That strap was my idea heheh, feels good to be complimented on that, even though the only reason a triforce is there is because the full word couldnt fit.

A little more about the packs, I wanna touch on this area.

I support them due to the fact that they actually take a crap load of time to work on, set up, and compile. You have to search EVERYTHING in the vault and pick out the stuff that you are looking for... are sure it works... and know that others would like the convenience of finding all the downloads in one area. I have a pack with literally hundreds of downloads of content, likely enough to almost fill an entire SD, and when i finally complete it, im gonna continue to improve it by making psas, and a few friends of mine are making csps, recolors, bps, and stock icons for each character. That custom strap was made for this pack.

I suggest we handle packs this way if people cant upload them...

Make an entire section devoted to them. how we have... Attacks and animations, textures and vertexing. etc. We need... Hack packs. We could post our thread and instead of uploading peoples work we simply use their upload links in our post. Ill post an example in a few minutes.

As for sligt css or csp edits, I approve of those as well. When some characters are just plain bad people need them replaced. And if they only use a certain few characters so be it. Works PERFECT for friends who got someone into brawl hacking and they wanna be sure to have the same content.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

My only beef with the hack packs is that your putting together others' hacks, even with proper credit. Sure, they're useful for the new people, but in the long run, they aren't really worth it, seeing as the hacks are just a big pack of other peoples' work.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


June 25, 2012, 12:56:44 AM #3755 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:58:22 AM by Kienamaru
which is why i suggested a Pack (board?). That way we are literally just organizing other peoples stuff. They get all the download counts and we get nothing. But in the end, we all win because we made it convenient.

Also, how do you get a custom title?! Like yours says Phantom Detecrive or something.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: Kienamaru on June 25, 2012, 12:56:44 AM
which is why i suggested a Pack (board?). That way we are literally just organizing other peoples stuff. They get all the download counts and we get nothing. But in the end, we all win because we made it convenient.
Ehh. I'm not sure about that.
Quote from: Kienamaru on June 25, 2012, 12:56:44 AM
Also, how do you get a custom title?! Like yours says Phantom Detecrive or something.
Off-topic for a sec, but I got it cuz I was a mod.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


June 25, 2012, 01:08:04 AM #3757 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:10:00 AM by Thundaga_T2
I have another theory, how about the authors of hacks start calling their hacks the "Authentic" or "Original" hacks whenever a copy appears. If people are more willing to download the "real" hack, then that will discourage those who submit stuff without actually changing anything in the hacks. I mean, why upload stuff if its not gonna get any downloads right?

The authors could also call them "Official"

It could be a way to divert people away from the copied stuff, and download the stuff from the actual people who make their own hacks.

Edit: just realized that the people who upload copied stuff can do this too :P, now if only there were some way to get official recognition for hacks (like a tag of sorts), and copied stuff couldnt.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Oh okay, sorry. I didnt know Neku was also Modlike. But what do you not know about that?
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Quote from: PAVGN on June 24, 2012, 10:24:22 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Again, there is nothing wrong with doing the edits you want, so long as it's private. That's not the issue here, It hurts no one when you do it privately. The issue is that when they get submitted in the vault, they affect negatively other people's work. Even myself have edited other people's hacks to adjust them to my liking, but you don't see me submitting them to the vault; It is unnecessary.



Quote from: Kienamaru on June 25, 2012, 12:26:58 AM

Wait a sec...  AsF, you made something similar to that? That strap was my idea heheh, feels good to be complimented on that, even though the only reason a triforce is there is because the full word couldnt fit.


^This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I rest my case...
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: ASF1nk on June 25, 2012, 01:53:47 AM
The issue is that when they get submitted in the vault, they affect negatively other people's work. Even myself have edited other people's hacks to adjust them to my liking, but you don't see me submitting them to the vault; It is unnecessary.
What about recolor packs?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on June 25, 2012, 01:59:20 AM
What about recolor packs?

I think that there are 2 different recolor "packs"

one is when someone makes recolors when the original creator different (like half of the PSA's released on the vault)

and there is recolors that people make when they dont like the originals in a way
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

June 25, 2012, 02:09:07 AM #3762 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:10:58 AM by Vyse
Quote from: Kienamaru on June 25, 2012, 12:56:44 AM
Also, how do you get a custom title?! Like yours says Phantom Detecrive or something.

Quote from: Miacis on September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PMCustom Titles
Custom titles are additional text that appear just under a user's name in message displays and profile summaries. Only mods, admins, KC:MM team members, BV staff, and Special Access members can set a custom title. Special Access is granted only to former staff members (who left on good terms) and to this user for helping us out of a financial bind.

That explains it. Neku just keeps getting more and more awesome. Well, goodnight guys. I dont wanna die. Ill try and think of somethin to help packers tomorrow.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

June 25, 2012, 04:58:02 AM #3764 Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:13:42 AM by Albafika
So, concerning Packs, what's the current standing? We've got to take so much into consideration, acknowledging, either by crediting the original hacker or collaborating him/her (If it's decided they can make others collab the for their work), that they are allowed to submit their Packs so long as it includes complementing stuff?


EDIT:

Quote from: LordNOaH on June 25, 2012, 05:25:37 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/AZRp61RZfT

This should have those. I've pestered vyse and co to add this to the resources page, but alas...
Just tried both and links from the resources, one links to Mediafire, the other to Smashboards. These must be fixed.