Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 13
Author Topic: Cape Mario V2 Is OUT!  (Read 65105 times)
vontower
Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

Hey Everyone.
    This is the Cape Mario Thread - Hopefully soon to be the Vontower Hack Thread

Cape Mario V2

Alright, so here's Cape Mario Version 2. I updated with pictures and what-not. As always, feed back is not just appreciated, but encouraged.

Hope you like

Changelist

Down taunt takes out cape in a puff of smoke

New side Taunt  
    the peace from when you beat a level in mario world. if you are facing left he swings around to look at you first.

NOTE: the taunt where you grow is now the up taunt

New Second Jump with cape
    This comes with a falling animation if there's no input after the jump

New Up Throw animation for cape
    This is neat. I took the idea from Kirby's up throw. I animated it manually though.
    >
    Think Matrix

>
    Flies off screen

>
    Dive Bomb

The throw distance is equal to the normal up throw without the cape.

New dash attack (for cape)
    The dive attack without the cape kinda looked like he was trying to fly, so i helped him out. Now he flies, does a series of attacks that ends with a higher knockback attack. You want the opponent in front of you when you use this attack for full effect.

New Up Smash (for cape)
    Headbutt never made much sense to me... anyways, heres the new up smash.
    He jumps up and kicks with both feet. Hits twice, first 2 then 14. Both increase when charged. totalling to ~22
    >
    it will hit enemies in front of/behind mario

New F Air (for cape)
    The punch is replaced with a sideways spin attack, ending in a downward kick. Occasionally sends opponents downward. The very end of the attack is a meteor smash. basically you can chose between a meteor smash or the spin attack, which does more damage.
    >
    looks real good in game

New N Air (for cape)
    A basic spin attack. It usually hits twice, has similar knockback as the regular kick. I still need to tweak it a bit before i release it.
    He spins in the opposite direction and spins alot faster then the second jump mentioned above. There shouldn't be any confusion.

Fixed Running animation for cape
    SDo0m InCaRnAti0n noted that the running animation needed a bit of love. and I agreed. So i did a bit more work on it and i hope it looks better to everyone. I didn't to anything drastic. Just made his arms and hat bob with the run, and made each step look more like... a step. its subtle.

Thats it!
    Let me know what you think.

Cape Mario - V1

Download - Thread

Change List
    I've thought for a while now that there should be a cape mario and so far no ones jumped on it. So i thought I would start my own mod of Mario.

I replaced the flood with the cape, then hexed it so it attaches to mario's neck instead of his waist. I also Hexed out the code that makes the fluud disappear after a while.

[UPDATE  1.14.2011]    
          - when Cape is out, i gave mario a custom 3rd attack for his Normal Attack. Now he will spin a few times, real quick before he kicks to do about 6 or 7 more damage. (I like how this came out alot)
          - When Cape is out, mario now has a custom run animation. He will only run like this when the cape is out. Hestands up straight and holds his arms out to his sides, just like in SMW. To my knowledge, this is the first conditional running animation hack, giving a character 2 running animations.

Changelist

First off, I brought back the Mario Tornado. When the match starts, mario will just be mario. when you use this attack, the cape appears. This does less damage but more knockback then the Luigi Tornado.

Run animation
    We are all familiar with this run animation:

I set it up so you see the normal run animation without the cape out, but when you take the cape out:
    Its the Super Mario World Run. I ran into a big glitch with this, but i ironed it out.

Neutral Attack Combo
    If you haven't figured it out, I'm trying to make the cape suplimentary to marios standard moveset. A good mario player should be able to go back and forth with little / no issue. The upgrades the cape give you are better, but don't take away from the playstyle. People shouldn't be penalized when they try to do something but... oops, the capes not out. That said, i changed the 3rd hit in mario's AAA combo with the cape. The first 2 punches have less knockback (with cape) so you don't push them too far away for:
    A spin attack! It's real quick (less then a second long) and can tally up to about 7 damage. Just enough knockback to keep them there. but don't worry. You end it with:
    A swift kick in the Groin. This has identical knock back and damage to the normal kick.
    All things considered, having the cape out results in about 15-16% damage with the whole combo. (vs the normal 9)

Up Special
    Without the cape, mario will do his typical recovery, but if you have the cape, dont you think mario should fly?
    He spins and launches into the air.

then he pulls his cape out, just like Super Mario World

then lands and slides on the ground

This attack, without any input, moves mario about the length of Final Destination. This is far, I know. Thats why after using it, you will lose the cape until you use the mario tornado again. If you pull back after take-off, mario will land right next to where he took off.
    Its a bit difficult to use because if your facing the wrong way... you can't grab the ledge. I'm gunna figure some way to make him turn around mid-flight.

Side Special
    This attack didn't change all that much. the only thing is, if you have your cape out, mario will put it away after the attack. If the cape isn't out, there will be a short delay before using the attack. cuz he's gotta take it out first.

N Special
    I like this one. It never made sense to me that mario could only fire 1 shot at a time and it kinda rolled to a stop. So, i changed the bounce velocity and through a bit of PSA variable fun, I managed to make him shoot up to 3 before the lag kicks in.

D Air
    The Down Air is the ground pound. no surprise there, this attack should have been in here in the first place.

if you are high enough (just higher then marios double jump height) mario will pound people into the ground and do a bit more damage.
    see him rocketing down? once you see that then you know its gunna stick em in the ground.

if you have the cape, mario will do the dive bomb attack from SMW
    when he lands, the stage shakes from the impact!

Like the ground pound, if you manage to pull this attack off from a higher height, it gets more powerful.
    mario erupts into fire and hits the ground in a huge explosion!

this does significantly more damage and has a high knockback. but its not easy to pull off.

Dash Attack
    this idea was borrowed from the mario 64 and the 3d mario hacks.
    mario dives forward on his belly like he does in mario 64, then you can tap a ro quickly jump back up onto your feet. thanks you haloedhero for permission.

Misc stuff:
    If mario has the cape out and he's hit by a single attack that does more then 10% damage (typically only specials and smashes) then you will hear the shrink noise when mario gets hit by a bad guy and he will lose his cape.
    If his damage is higher then 100% then any attack that does more the 3% damage will make him lose his cape. (this ended up being every attack)

Download Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15777

PS. this is my first real hack
    hope you like!

Also, MarioDK is taking requests for custom cape colors for models. Heres a link to his thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19332.0

I'm open to comments / suggestions / and constructive criticizm. So go wild!
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:46:09 PM by vontower » Logged

This is my Hack Thread

Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
    Download                            Download

Anivernage
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »

wow is awesome
    good job
    why not release that version
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:06:10 PM by anivernage » Logged

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »

Beautiful Mario PSA, keep up the good work.

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »

thanks ^^

This is my Hack Thread

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »

Wow, this is.... awesome. Laugh You say this is your first hack?

You sure? Tongue

Good job on this. I look forward to seeing more. Wink

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »

I think it still needs a bit more before i release it though... anyone have any ideas?

This is my Hack Thread

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »

I think it still needs a bit more before i release it though... anyone have any ideas?

Does he have a Glide feature?

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »

no, to my knowledge, theres no way to add glide to a character that doesn't have it. but i figured, because of how far he moves with his new Up Special and the fact that you can control it made me think it wasn't necessary

This is my Hack Thread

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 03:06:03 PM »

no, to my knowledge, theres no way to add glide to a character that doesn't have it. but i figured, because of how far he moves with his new Up Special and the fact that you can control it made me think it wasn't necessary

Actually, you can make other characters glide. Razanak7 and KingJigglypuff both made Link glide, and KingJiggs also made Falco glide in his Scyther PSA.

You'd have to ask them how though.

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »

Actually, you can make other characters glide. Razanak7 and KingJigglypuff both made Link glide, and KingJiggs also made Falco glide in his Scyther PSA.

Though the gliding is limited, since you can only go slightly downwards, and not able to control it, but it's still a cool feature.

ChaosEpsilon613
    Extreme Kitten

It's not my fault!

• Awards Concerned Elector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »

I say he should do the cape spin attack from super Mario world. Nice hack btw

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0648 3646 9521

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:19 PM »

the mario tornado is kinda like that attack already. i was thinking of giving him a looping attack to replace his 3rd N attack when he has the cape. maybe he could spin like falco does, only he hits with the cape.

This is my Hack Thread

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »

Though the gliding is limited, since you can only go slightly downwards, and not able to control it, but it's still a cool feature.

i can look into this. I had an idea that would give him extra "jumps"
    like you could do with cape mario in SMW

This is my Hack Thread

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »

I Like these ideas.

Might I suggest the dash attack with the cape being the cape spin from SMW?

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »

I Like these ideas.

Might I suggest the dash attack with the cape being the cape spin from SMW?
    you mean he spins as he passes?
    that sounds reasonible i could give that a shot

This is my Hack Thread

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 13
    Print
    Jump to: