Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: SSBB "OverDrive" Clean Version Beta Release - (6-28-2011)  (Read 55102 times)
Bat Tom
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »

I see what you did there ... So it turns out I've hit a neat little snag in the Title Screen editing... I can edit the background and title themselves, but I can't change the text that floats by in the back... This is annoying.

Soul Nami
The Sharp Ninja
Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »

I see what you did there ... So it turns out I've hit a neat little snag in the Title Screen editing... I can edit the background and title themselves, but I can't change the text that floats by in the back... This is annoying.
    I remember a guide that shows you how to edit those letters...
    I'll show it to you if I see it again..

If you turn to your left, you'll see that I have left.

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

Soul wheres meh VIDEO!!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: February 05, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »

Soul wheres meh VIDEO!!
    I never said I was gonna get the video.
    I still haven't got any friends to play OD with me. >_>

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »

Soul wheres meh VIDEO!!

Well, you did say "Maybe" but it was still "Hoping" you would, and you did say you "Might" just play some lvl9 cpu's, but if you want to wait for your freinds it's kool.

Bat Tom
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: February 05, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »

Title screen looks beautiful so far, even in despite the lettering issues Cheesy I've hit a snag with the CSS but I'm lookin to fix it. Shouldn't be a problem.

So far:

Black "Super Smash Bros." with a red Smash logo for an "o"
    New overdrive logo on the title, and in the CSS (red logo for Brawl, blue for Team Battle, and yellow for Special)
    CSP's and character icons on the CSS don't have nametags anymore
    New background that I'm definitely changing bc it makes everything way too busy.
    (same for SSS)
    Red and black color scheme in CSS and SSS

And I definitely have a complaint about Bowser that must be fixed:

His hitboxes are wayyyy to close to his body. Literally all but two of his attacks require the enemy to be less than one person-width away to connect. His hitboxes HAVE to be put out further from his body because this is just ridiculous.

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »

Title screen looks beautiful so far, even in despite the lettering issues Cheesy I've hit a snag with the CSS but I'm lookin to fix it. Shouldn't be a problem.

So far:

Black "Super Smash Bros." with a red Smash logo for an "o"
    New overdrive logo on the title, and in the CSS (red logo for Brawl, blue for Team Battle, and yellow for Special)
    CSP's and character icons on the CSS don't have nametags anymore
    New background that I'm definitely changing bc it makes everything way too busy.
    (same for SSS)
    Red and black color scheme in CSS and SSS

And I definitely have a complaint about Bowser that must be fixed:

His hitboxes are wayyyy to close to his body. Literally all but two of his attacks require the enemy to be less than one person-width away to connect. His hitboxes HAVE to be put out further from his body because this is just ridiculous.

Sounds awesome. ^_^

Organize them into folders so it can just be dragged an dropped onto the SD card, and copy over the old files, from Brawl+ and Brawl-.

And for Bowser, yeah i can fixed that no problem, I'll put them far out enough to hit 2 Mario's at the same time, sounds good?

Bat Tom
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »

Sounds awesome. ^_^

Organize them into folders so it can just be dragged an dropped onto the SD card, and copy over the old files, from Brawl+ and Brawl-.

And for Bowser, yeah i can fixed that no problem, I'll put them far out enough to hit 2 Mario's at the same time, sounds good?

Christ that sounds nightmarishly good. >Cheesy

I think I'll have to do that with the character panels...

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »

Christ that sounds nightmarishly good. >Cheesy

I think I'll have to do that with the character panels...

Okay send me a PM with the link when you finish ^_^, and it won't be that bad but that should up bowsers gameplay quite a bit.

Bat Tom
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: February 05, 2011, 07:49:37 PM »

Pointless reply: Zero Suit Samus is LOL. Keep her that way and upgrade nothing about her. The weight'll be her gimmick.

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=13340
    ...is this also us or did someone else just have the same idea for a title...?
    « Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:52:12 PM by Bat Tom » Logged

Soul Nami
    The Sharp Ninja
    Supreme Kitten

I'll see you later...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: February 05, 2011, 09:37:17 PM »

Soul wheres meh VIDEO!!

Well, you did say "Maybe" but it was still "Hoping" you would, and you did say you "Might" just play some lvl9 cpu's, but if you want to wait for your freinds it's kool.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot. Tongue

I'll make a video soon.

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »

Pointless reply: Zero Suit Samus is LOL. Keep her that way and upgrade nothing about her. The weight'll be her gimmick.

http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=13340
    ...is this also us or did someone else just have the same idea for a title...?

Too, late i already fixed her.

And no, that something totally different, it's some voice over thing, pretty much like if they were DUB'ing (Giving the characters) voices in brawl, which is stupid. -__-

Soul wheres meh VIDEO!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Tongue

I'll make a video soon.

Great, can't wait to see it.

Bat Tom
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: February 06, 2011, 06:20:57 PM »

Aight, SO: Had to ditch the old CSS and SSS because for some reason they were making it so Overdrive wouldn't boot up past the Strap Screen... Ah well. Will start over.

I played some with our third man, who plays Ike, and saved replays. But I'm definitely not putting those up. It would seem that Ike has gained absolutely nothing from VBrawl to Overdrive except a little more speed. He doesn't even have momentum when he jumps. He needs some major overhaul in his movement and attack speed, as well as power so he won't keep getting interrupted out of EVERYTHING (srsly - I Flame Choked him out of his Aether >.>)

And I've come to the conclusion that Ganondorf is actually overpowered, especially in group matches. His tackle, jab, Sparta-kick, Choke, Dive, and nearly everything else negate nearly everyone else's attacks via range or witchcraft because it can't be power... Can it? Basically his standard attacks and speed have been buffed to the point where he's a spamcannon. I suggest a speed reduction.

Shieldstun is annoying. Destroys counterattack game. 'Nuff said.

And the hitstun in the air might be a little too much, because it's really creating situations where players are stunned so long, they fall beyond the point of no return before they can even try to return. Good for comboing, terrible for recovering. Not sure how to remedy this without taking away/reducing stun.

There might be a few other things I'm forgetting, but for now that's all. Nevermind, I remembered.

Overdrive is terrible in groups matches. The stun is so massive that the first guy to get knocked into the air is screwed. The comboing is basically TOO great to have proper multi-man matches.
    « Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:25:50 PM by Bat Tom » Logged

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »

Aight, SO: Had to ditch the old CSS and SSS because for some reason they were making it so Overdrive wouldn't boot up past the Strap Screen... Ah well. Will start over.

I played some with our third man, who plays Ike, and saved replays. But I'm definitely not putting those up. It would seem that Ike has gained absolutely nothing from VBrawl to Overdrive except a little more speed. He doesn't even have momentum when he jumps. He needs some major overhaul in his movement and attack speed, as well as power so he won't keep getting interrupted out of EVERYTHING (srsly - I Flame Choked him out of his Aether >.>)

And I've come to the conclusion that Ganondorf is actually overpowered, especially in group matches. His tackle, jab, Sparta-kick, Choke, Dive, and nearly everything else negate nearly everyone else's attacks via range or witchcraft because it can't be power... Can it? Basically his standard attacks and speed have been buffed to the point where he's a spamcannon. I suggest a speed reduction.

Shieldstun is annoying. Destroys counterattack game. 'Nuff said.

And the hitstun in the air might be a little too much, because it's really creating situations where players are stunned so long, they fall beyond the point of no return before they can even try to return. Good for comboing, terrible for recovering. Not sure how to remedy this without taking away/reducing stun.

There might be a few other things I'm forgetting, but for now that's all. Nevermind, I remembered.

Overdrive is terrible in groups matches. The stun is so massive that the first guy to get knocked into the air is screwed. The comboing is basically TOO great to have proper multi-man matches.

LMAO Reading this, anyway. No ganon has not, i repeat has not been touched, a speedy ganon is an evil ganon, Ike just needs more of something, i'll figure it out. Also Ganon has always owned in group matches, nuff said there, i hope you made them cry. ^_^

Shield Stun, hmm. I might take that out. Seems kinda useless in brawl, but i really don't like easy countering, imma test it, might rid of the L-Cancel to, someone said it little to no help. What do you think?

For the hitstun thing, naw that something else. My bro was complaining about that too, it an "No escape tumble fall code, imma take that out. Or people will cry even harder, later on." No biggy.

And finally, yes that how hit stun works, if you played old smash game combo's was much more easy because of this, so that stays. Team Matches are over kill with or without hitstun, that why most play with freindly fire on.

Bat Tom
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: February 06, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq20zFD1ZzY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq20zFD1ZzY</a>

LMAO Reading this, anyway. No ganon has not, i repeat has not been touched, a speedy ganon is an evil ganon, Ike just needs more of something, i'll figure it out. Also Ganon has always owned in group matches, nuff said there, i hope you made them cry. ^_^

Shield Stun, hmm. I might take that out. Seems kinda useless in brawl, but i really don't like easy countering, imma test it, might rid of the L-Cancel to, someone said it little to no help. What do you think?

For the hitstun thing, naw that something else. My bro was complaining about that too, it an "No escape tumble fall code, imma take that out. Or people will cry even harder, later on." No biggy.

And finally, yes that how hit stun works, if you played old smash game combo's was much more easy because of this, so that stays. Team Matches are over kill with or without hitstun, that why most play with freindly fire on.

Are you sure??? Because his speed increase is WAY more noticeable than with anyone else... Then I hate to say it, but... Ganondorf needs to be... nerf'd...? *cries as he says this*

Ike needs a little more of everything... Play as him for five minutes and you'll see. He's practically exactly the same as before and it screws him.

L-Cancelling is... not as useful as it was in Melee. That's all I got to say about that. I barely do it anyway lol so I couldn't really tell you.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: