Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hitboxes?  (Read 2271 times)
Xevran
Expert Kitten

Now with 100% less armor.

View Profile Awards
« on: January 27, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »

I've been cruising these forums all night, along with excessive use of Google, and I've yet to find one (reasonably simple) piece of guidance. Am I blind? Can someone point me towards a good visual representation of exactly what settings result in what size hitbubble? I'm playing hell trying to build a cyclone windbox because I'm not sure how large or small my individual bubbles are going to actually be.

Hell, even if someone could tell me the relative size increase per point, wether it's determined by radius or full width, etc. I'd be more than happy, but I can't seem to find a single reference to it no matter where I look.

Im srs here

Relax; It's later than you think.

msp26
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »

i think psa

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

Xevran
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »

I am using PSA, and if you mean the guides, they all have very comprehensive information - EXCEPT what measurements the hitbox scalar actually affects. In other words, what space it will actually occupy in game; a visual representation versus a character would be best, but I'd be happy to know if it's simply in pixels or not, and from what source point; Edge-to-edge, or center-to edge. It'd certainly make the more complicated hitboxes I'm working on go a hell of a lot more smoothly.

Edit: Is there a graphic effect that scales on a 1-1 rate with the collision bubbles? If so, I could do this bit myself, and save everyone some trouble by posting the results. Any awnsers are appreciated; Like I said before, Google and guides aren't cutting it this time, though I can find everything else pretty easily.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:36:12 PM by Xevran » Logged

??_?
Attention. I have your Attention.
Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »

its from the bones I believe, but sometimes they have x and y offsets.  But those also come from the bones.  and I'm not positive, but a "1" measurement with collision bubbles is equal to that of a "1" in brawlbox translations.  I've heard them called pixels, but I'm not entirely sure if thats accurate.

Xevran
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »

So... the hit box will scale based upon which bone it's originating from? IE: a fist becomes a bigger fist-shaped void, and so on? Hm...guess I'm going to have to get Brawlbox working properly if I want to actually see this, then; I've been using PSA exclusively, and ran into some oddities trying to make a properly hitboxed vortex effect. Knowing what sort of hitboxes I'm trying to stack and fill will be helpful - and if a '1' is in fact a single translation, they should match up with offsets to some extent. Well, at least you've given me somewhere to start, thanks.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Always spheres ~> size is the radius.

No clue on the units, although you'll definitely get a good sense just doing stuff or using AMKalmar's Visible Hitbox PSAs.

Xevran
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

Ok, now you can call me dumb. I'll go look up those visible hitbox PSAs to give me a feel for relative size, and knowing that it is = to radius alone helps immensely. I was getting a bit frustrated fixing it by feel, as I have a rather complex windbox to finish, and it's hard to resize these things by ear in a complex interacting hitbox series.
    Short version? Thankyouthankyouthankyou I can get back to work without going more insane!

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »

where can
    Always spheres ~> size is the radius.

No clue on the units, although you'll definitely get a good sense just doing stuff or using AMKalmar's Visible Hitbox PSAs.

Where can I find AMKALMAR PSAs?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: