Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My stage is now pitch black with a rainbow dot in the center [SOLVED]  (Read 3084 times)
(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 31, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »

I had the stage working, then when I came back to the computer and deleted all of the Final Destination animation data and resized my foreground model, this very weird thing happened:

That is a miniature picture of my stage above that colored dot.

The stage is supposed to look like this:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:52:42 PM by (specter) » Logged

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:37:04 PM »

Okay, make every bone of both 2D models have keyframes in new, one frame animations in each model's animation data.
    For the rainbow thing, go into the 3rd blue icon (ef_StgFinal) and expand it. expand MiscData[0] inside of it, and delete everything in there excluding the <null> thing.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

Okay, make every bone of both 2D models have keyframes in new, one frame animations in each model's animation data.
    For the rainbow thing, go into the 3rd blue icon (ef_StgFinal) and expand it. expand MiscData[0] inside of it, and delete everything in there excluding the <null> thing.

What...?? I have no idea what keyframes even are, and I don't really understand what you're telling me to do. You want me to animate the background and foreground in the Advanced Model Editor giving them one frame each? How do I do that? Why do I need to do that?

For the other thing, I deleted everything under the ef_StgFinal. So all that should be left under it is MiscData[0] - [2]? What is the function of ef_StgFinal? How come I never got the rainbow before when I played on the level with ef_StgFinal before?

Edit: Ok, well after removing the stuff in ef_StgFinal the rainbow dot and stuff is gone now. Can I delete the MiscData[0] now since it's empty? Also, I still need you to help me with the other thing with the model though because I don't get it.
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:04:12 PM by (specter) » Logged

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »

What...?? I have no idea what keyframes even are, and I don't really understand what you're telling me to do. You want me to animate the background and foreground in the Advanced Model Editor giving them one frame each? How do I do that? Why do I need to do that?

Well, keyframes are segments of an animation that define what position things should be at. All the regular frames work off of the keyframes and pretty much don't need to be defined. This cuts down on file space.
    You need to turn the frames on each bone of each model so their textboxes turn yellow.
    To do this, create a new CHR0 animation in the modeldatas of the stage and background models.
    Then, in the model previewer, select the new animation in the modeldata the model is in (right tab). Select each bone (left tab) and then hit the copy then paste buttons shown below:

This is needed because the scale and rotation of the models are changed from their t-stance, and thus need keyframes for the game to recognize. And you deleted the animations given there, so you need to remake them.
    For the other thing, I deleted everything under the ef_StgFinal. So all that should be left under it is MiscData[0] - [2]? What is the function of ef_StgFinal? How come I never got the rainbow before when I played on the level with ef_StgFinal before?

MiscData[0] should have <null> under it, but otherwise that's fine. The rainbow is normally covered up by the 2D foreground image (unless the part over it is transparent).
    Edit: Ok, well after removing the stuff in ef_StgFinal the rainbow dot and stuff is gone now. Can I delete the MiscData[0] now since it's empty? Also, I still need you to help me with the other thing with the model though because I don't get it.

I don't advise that. Brawl can be.... picky with the files it uses. I have no idea if it matters, but it's best to just leave it alone.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »

Alright, so I made a new animation under each modeldata. I went into Background and did the copy and paste stuff for all of its bones. I then went into the stage (foreground) model, and did the same thing. So what this means I can now set how big the foreground is and how far back I want it to be? Why does copy and pasting turn the boxes yellow? What do the bones do? Which ones should I touch and which ones should I leave alone? If I wanted to resize the foreground or move it bac/forward, what bone is reponsible for that? I just use YRotN. Does it matter what I rename nodes as? Ever since I did the animation stuff, no matter what I make the foreground's X translation, in the collision editor it's always in the same place. Never did that before.

Sorry for the tons of questions -- I'm still a noob at this stuff. Just answer as many as you can. Everyone has to learn somewhere, right?

Time to test it out in game now. I have a strong feeling it's not gonna work, or something won't be right.

Also, there is no <null> in MiscData[0] because I thought you told me to remove that because I misread "excluding" as "including". What now? Do I need <null> or is it just really nothing, because if I'm not mistaken null means nothing?

Edit: Ok, now for some reason the characters are inside of the background, like...I can't explain it. You can see their body from both sides but they're "in" the background. The foreground is also moved on the other side of the background but that's because I set its YRotN X translation to 50. Maybe I need to move the background back, but I never had to touch it before and it was fine...

Why does this have to be so complicated for me? :\ I have to be such a freaking noob at every single freaking thing I ever do.... I always have the most problems. It's like I have been cursed with "untalent".
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:29:10 PM by (specter) » Logged

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »

Eh, stages suck. They're have problems that nothing else has, and are kind of hard to get into.

Well, you should probably move the BG back a bit (it would have to be at 0 Z translation to bisect the characters.... move it back.... oh, maybe 10 or 15 in the z translation).

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »

Eh, stages suck. They're have problems that nothing else has, and are kind of hard to get into.

Well, you should probably move the BG back a bit (it would have to be at 0 Z translation to bisect the characters.... move it back.... oh, maybe 10 or 15 in the z translation).

I see. If it's taking me this long to make a simple 2D stage, God save me if I ever attempted 3D ones lol. I mean to be honest everything is easy about making a 2D stage. Getting images, making collision data and setting the spawn points using BrawlWall as a reference -- all of it is easy, it's just adjusting the stupid foreground that has been driving me totally crazy. It's too big in proportion to the characters, and they move behind all the obstacles. I probably would have been done this stage a long time ago if the foreground hasn't been the trouble it's been.

Ok. I just wonder what caused it to move up closer because I never touched any of its translations.

Also, how come the foreground isn't true to its X translation in the collision editor anymore? Like I move it back by 50, and in game it does it, but in collision editor it's like a sticker on the background.

Also, Z translation moves it to the side -- did you mean X translation?
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:51:12 PM by (specter) » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:47:22 PM »

Z-axis moves forward and back.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »

Z-axis moves forward and back.

No it doesn't. Z moves side to side. Y moves up and down. X moves back and forth. I know because I've done it in BrawlBox.

Also, guess what? I got it to work! All I did was set the background X translation (NOT Z PEOPLE) to "10", then I set the foreground's X translation to "9", and now my characters appear in front of the foreground model. Now I just need to move it a little bit closer, and I need to shrink both models as well. It started doing this after I gave the models animations. Now Collision Editor just has the foreground on the background like a sticker.

I still need to know why Collision Editor is not showing any of the size and translation changes I make to my models. Without it doing that, I won't be able to adjust the collision data to fit the newly modified models. It started doing this after I gave my models animations. Now the foreground is like a sticker on the background even though it's not in game. I think it's just a Collision Editor error being able to read the models or something. Any help?

Here's a picture:

The foreground is not supposed to be right up on top of the background like that and it's not supposed to be that big. In game there is plenty of space between both models and the foreground is a lot smaller. In the Collision Editor, however, it doesn't seem to recognize the changes I make in either model's translations and whatnot.

Edit: When I remove the animations Collision Editor registers the modifications again, but when I re-add the animations, the Collision Editor will no longer recognize modifications to models. Why can't I have animations for my models without Collision Editor not registering changes I make to the models' translations and sizes?
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:05:33 PM by (specter) » Logged

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:48 AM »

Put the same values in frame zero of the animations (T-stance).
    Also, it's X translation ONLY due to the rotation of the model. Normally it would be Z.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »

Put the same values in frame zero of the animations (T-stance).
    Also, it's X translation ONLY due to the rotation of the model. Normally it would be Z.

Oh ok it worked; thanks.

Oh, I see.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: