Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: STASH is being weird when trying to create the hyrule temple pac  (Read 2086 times)
Omegapaste
Advanced Kitten

Needz moar cliché

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 26, 2009, 05:56:08 PM »

I've been trying to texture the hyrule temple stage lately but STASH can't create the PAC file.

the problem is that the converter says the final file (after converting all the texture maps to the pac) is too large.

I modded 9 of the 36 texture files so far and I wanted to already convert it so I could see how it looks like so far in the game.
    when I converted I got that message it was too large. I thought one of my textured files were too big. I backed-up my modded textures and started extracting hyrule temple again so i could get the original files. when I compared the originals with the modded ones I noticed they all have the same amount of KB. I was confused on how my modded textures could be too large.

Now I tried the folowing. I extracted the hyrule temple again and tried converting all original and unmodified files to a PAC again. Even now STASH said the final file was too large even though I didn't modify anything this time...

Does anybody know whats wrong with STASH here?

Coolx23
    Advanced Kitten

I PLAY PLANTS VS ZOMBIES

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 05:09:57 AM »

Did you say yes only to those 9 textures?

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:47:08 AM »

STASH isnt 100% compatible with everything. If you want, manually hex it in. If you can convert everything to TPL i will do the rest (i hate making TPL's, it angers me).

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Omegapaste
    Advanced Kitten

Needz moar cliché

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:53:15 AM »

Did you say yes only to those 9 textures?
    the converter went through all the maps. the modded and unmodded ones.

STASH isnt 100% compatible with everything. If you want, manually hex it in. If you can convert everything to TPL i will do the rest (i hate making TPL's, it angers me).
    I'm afraid you're right. I grayscaled the shadow texture and another black/white texture. yet it was still too big. even after I compressed all the files again with Paint.net compressing option when saving TGA files it was still too big.

I don't know what you mean with hexing and TPL files. did the people who made the other temple textured stages use that aswell?

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »

I did Hyrule temple with out hexing. ._.

The only stages I am aware that need hexing are Smashville and Shadow Moses Island.

Omegapaste
    Advanced Kitten

Needz moar cliché

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »

Okay people. I know finished all the textures from the stage. The error is still present and I tried something but I don't know if this was the right thing:

- I color indexed non +1 and +2 textures and reduced their colors. Hyrule temple doesn't contain any +1 or +2 files so I had no other option reducing file sizes. however when I did this it seemed the textures which were indexed had a different error which said the textures lack an alpha layer.

If theres really nothing what I can do anymore, I'll ask VILE for help hexing it in the game.
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:12:04 PM by Omegapaste » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: