KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues

Started by DivineOverlord, February 09, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

> Fsmash's animation, after the attack, when he's getting back to Wait1, he kinda floats, same with Octaslash.

>Octaslash (Fsmash) needs to have a longer charge time, add 1:30 seconds to it, at least... It comes out too fast and its got too much power.

>Back Throw looks a bit odd, dunno what, exactly...

>I see you fixed the Grab dashing, nice! But, a new dash appeared. Side B kinda dashes, he should stand still, and the attack is a bit strong, perhaps lower it to 12 damage? It's doing 19-21 and it's easy to land.

>Down B: Can't the effects go in the direction this gun's pointing? , it'd look AWESOME this way, and very similar to Dissidia's.

>Ftilt is fast enough, in my opinion. It's good as it is.

>Down Smash's hitbox, can you adjust it so it doesn't hits on Sephiroth's back? It's kinda odd having Sephiroth's coat harming people. XD

>Heaven's Light goes way too high, the original idea was for it to have more horizontal range but a bit less vertical range than Marth, also, he should go Up slow, but fast, I'm sorry this wasn't pointed out, I totally forgot about it.

>AoD's got it right with Up Smash, it's just adjusting the animation a bit.

>Down Throw: I think instead of having knockback, it should lay the opponent down as Snake's Down Throw does.

This is totally awesome, really near completion, I'm really impressed and hyped. Great job, Hollow! T_T

My turn...

Pretty much everything Wolfric said is true, but maybe making Octoslash have as much end lag as it used to would fix the balance problems with it, after all, it does take 1 in a half second to use... Now on to new things.

Up air's landing, after using side B, the animation bugs out big time... Here, let this picture tell you what I mean.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's some landing animation, not just that one, but there's a landing animation that does that... See if you can fix it.

His dash turning animation... You can actually cancel it into smash attacks, and to a turning smash attack... Take this how ever you want, I'm not sure if this is broken.

Oblivion's hit box is too big, it should only work if Sephiroth passes through you, I was above Meta Knight, and it hit him... Plus, he needs to stay still after it hits, or misses, like in Dissidia.

I fully agree with Wolfric with the down throw, it needs to make the foe lay down, like after Snake's down throw, it also has a LOT of base knock back... It looks unrealistic... Also... Is there anyway to make him not go through the ceiling? Like Kirby, or Meta Knight's up throw?

Back throw... The animation seems odd, he's hitting them downward, but they go flying upward... It just seems odd.

I still say Hell's Gate needs start up lag... There are times when you can actually spike the foe, without dieing with it... But then again, it is pretty hard to do though, but it's doable, since the spike collision is on all of the blade.

Godspeed could use a bit of end lag to be honest.

Now I do not know how the heck I did this, but I swear I got Octoslash to work without charging... I think, just make sure there's no way he can do it without fully charging forward smash.

...Until I find more, I hope this helps out, it's pretty close to being finished. :)

Edit: Hey, you took my suggestion for a that FFVII win pose... Nice!

It's a bit faster then it was in the game, but it's a very nice victory pose.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 23, 2011, 08:08:07 PM
> Fsmash's animation, after the attack, when he's getting back to Wait1, he kinda floats, same with Octaslash.

>Octaslash (Fsmash) needs to have a longer charge time, add 1:30 seconds to it, at least... It comes out too fast and its got too much power.

>Back Throw looks a bit odd, dunno what, exactly...

>I see you fixed the Grab dashing, nice! But, a new dash appeared. Side B kinda dashes, he should stand still, and the attack is a bit strong, perhaps lower it to 12 damage? It's doing 19-21 and it's easy to land.

>Down B: Can't the effects go in the direction this gun's pointing? , it'd look AWESOME this way, and very similar to Dissidia's.

>Ftilt is fast enough, in my opinion. It's good as it is.

>Down Smash's hitbox, can you adjust it so it doesn't hits on Sephiroth's back? It's kinda odd having Sephiroth's coat harming people. XD

>Heaven's Light goes way too high, the original idea was for it to have more horizontal range but a bit less vertical range than Marth, also, he should go Up slow, but fast, I'm sorry this wasn't pointed out, I totally forgot about it.

>AoD's got it right with Up Smash, it's just adjusting the animation a bit.

>Down Throw: I think instead of having knockback, it should lay the opponent down as Snake's Down Throw does.


This is totally awesome, really near completion, I'm really impressed and hyped. Great job, Hollow! T_T
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 23, 2011, 09:02:09 PM
My turn...

Pretty much everything Wolfric said is true, but maybe making Octoslash have as much end lag as it used to would fix the balance problems with it, after all, it does take 1 in a half second to use... Now on to new things.

Up air's landing, after using side B, the animation bugs out big time... Here, let this picture tell you what I mean.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's some landing animation, not just that one, but there's a landing animation that does that... See if you can fix it.

His dash turning animation... You can actually cancel it into smash attacks, and to a turning smash attack... Take this how ever you want, I'm not sure if this is broken.

Oblivion's hit box is too big, it should only work if Sephiroth passes through you, I was above Meta Knight, and it hit him... Plus, he needs to stay still after it hits, or misses, like in Dissidia.

I fully agree with Wolfric with the down throw, it needs to make the foe lay down, like after Snake's down throw, it also has a LOT of base knock back... It looks unrealistic... Also... Is there anyway to make him not go through the ceiling? Like Kirby, or Meta Knight's up throw?

Back throw... The animation seems odd, he's hitting them downward, but they go flying upward... It just seems odd.

I still say Hell's Gate needs start up lag... There are times when you can actually spike the foe, without dieing with it... But then again, it is pretty hard to do though, but it's doable, since the spike collision is on all of the blade.

Godspeed could use a bit of end lag to be honest.

Now I do not know how the heck I did this, but I swear I got Octoslash to work without charging... I think, just make sure there's no way he can do it without fully charging forward smash.

...Until I find more, I hope this helps out, it's pretty close to being finished. :)

Edit: Hey, you took my suggestion for a that FFVII win pose... Nice!

It's a bit faster then it was in the game, but it's a very nice victory pose.
[/size]


Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 23, 2011, 07:43:47 PMAerial Down Special: Isn't it possible to have him shoot the attacks diagonally downwards?
Aerial Forward/Back throw: Hate, hate, hate that goofy hammer swinging animation. Must be changed!  
Up Smash: You should use the animation from the last version so his sword doesn't go into the ground...
Btw I also love how using specials a second time in the air makes him use a smash instead.

It's overall quite good, but there's still a few things to fix.


@Data: I had it glitch like that, too, but didn't say it since I didn't know how, seems like you found how!

Turning does that? That can't stay, honestly.

The ceiling thing? Sdo0m's Cloud has the same problem, I assume it's not possible to fix it... But hopefully, it is.

I agree on Godspeed, as well as the downward direction.

I agree with Oblivion and Hell's Gate.

@AoD:

I agree with you on Back Throw and Fair, but, remember, that Fair/Bair/Nair will be changed for something new, we jsut haven't thought what. XD

This is pretty much everything, for now, I assume, unless we find some other bugs or minor edits.

um just to point out in dissidia, doesn't sephiroth's hell's gate start with like a jumping leap? 

Quote from: Hackingstar on June 23, 2011, 09:13:02 PM
um just to point out in dissidia, doesn't sephiroth's hell's gate start with like a jumping leap?  

Yes, wow! It could actually work like this, and have that jump be the startup lag it needs. Great guess, Hackingstar! Let's hope this can be done!

Oh, AoD, Heartless Angel could do about 30% damage, that would be perfect, since it's powerful, without being Final Smash like.


Quote from: Hackingstar on June 23, 2011, 09:20:53 PM
just to show ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHs9kNedkw

0:57 and 1:01

see that? didn't that start up lag look like a jumping leap? XD
Quite indeed, I did say something about that before, but I didn't know if it was possible... But if it is, Hollow MUST add this to Hell's Gate.

i agree.

having to hold down the button tok hit the ground would be a major thing.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Nyanyanyanyan Cat Man on June 23, 2011, 09:55:54 PM
i agree.

having to hold down the button tok hit the ground would be a major thing.
That should not be added... For one reason, it would make an easy spike. ._.

The problem with Godspeed is that the attacks are all 5 frames. I'll have to make the animation longer.
I'm fixing up the back throw. I added a jump instead of a goofy hammer swing. ¬_¬
The thing with landings, I changed the animations, but they mess up I do. I guess they have to stay normal.
I'm fixing Oblivion too. I just can't get it exactly like fox's side B.
Octoslash cannot work without fully charging. It's not possible. Also, fully charged smashes happen in 61 frames, so I don't see why it happens too fast. It's exactly the same as the others. Also, the floating at the end is in the animation. I suppose I can get rid of it.
Heaven's Light I'll fix.
I'll fix Up Smash too.
And it would be easy to add that jump to Hell's Gate.
The down throw... I think I can get them to lay down. The one I use will still send them up, though.

Sheesh. I thought I'd actually done it. All this won't take me that long.

Quote from: Hollow on June 23, 2011, 11:50:27 PM
The problem with Godspeed is that the attacks are all 5 frames. I'll have to make the animation longer.
I'm fixing up the back throw. I added a jump instead of a goofy hammer swing. ¬_¬
The thing with landings, I changed the animations, but they mess up I do. I guess they have to stay normal.
I'm fixing Oblivion too. I just can't get it exactly like fox's side B.
Octoslash cannot work without fully charging. It's not possible. Also, fully charged smashes happen in 61 frames, so I don't see why it happens too fast. It's exactly the same as the others. Also, the floating at the end is in the animation. I suppose I can get rid of it.
Heaven's Light I'll fix.
I'll fix Up Smash too.
And it would be easy to add that jump to Hell's Gate.
The down throw... I think I can get them to lay down. The one I use will still send them up, though.

Sheesh. I thought I'd actually done it. All this won't take me that long.

Try adding more frames to the Fsmash charge, then. Remember Octaslash is special, it doesn't needs to have the same charge as other Smashes, imo. Comes out too fast for his power, try having it at 120 frames (2:00 seconds) if you can, I think this would do.

Also, don't feel we're putting your work down, it's the other way around, we're all really impressed you've achieved all these new things, great work on this PSA, Hollow. =D All this'd need is:

A new Fair
A new Bair
A new Nair

And these three are moves we still have to think of which ones to be. lol

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on June 23, 2011, 09:18:08 PM
Oh, AoD, Heartless Angel could do about 30% damage, that would be perfect, since it's powerful, without being Final Smash like.

Once again though... PK Cross does 37%.
And to dodge H.A. all you have to do is jump, and you can even attack him... I think it should be 40%, only 3 more then PK Cross.


Hahahaha, oh man... Yeah, Hell's Gate needs that start up lag, for one reason alone... Pirate Ship, or any stage with water, it's pretty much gonna spike in any of those stages. XD