KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues

Started by DivineOverlord, February 09, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 25, 2011, 01:04:05 PM
You can change the color of the slash trail. But a different one for another attack sounds kind of... time consuming and not really worthwhile.

lol true i was just thinking about how it looks and it would look better if it could look like how it does on dissidia

yeah i noticed, in dissidia, he does 5 slashes in octaslash. this sephiroth psa does only 4 slashes in octaslash did anyone else notice that?

I remember this was spoken about EARLIER on this thread, and it was decided that for the final version, some recolours could be made, including purple, since, back then, there were being released two versions at the time, one being purple, and the other being gray. Just ba patient, guys.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 25, 2011, 09:16:42 PM
I remember this was spoken about EARLIER on this thread, and it was decided that for the final version, some recolours could be made, including purple, since, back then, there were being released two versions at the time, one being purple, and the other being gray. Just ba patient, guys.

oh aight i didn't even know


Quote from: Cloudy on June 25, 2011, 09:59:16 PM
I know, by EARLIER I meant in the first 20 pages, which was a long time ago. XD

oh lol damn yeah i wasn't even a member back then

Quote from: Hackingstar on June 25, 2011, 05:26:40 PM
yeah i noticed, in dissidia, he does 5 slashes in octaslash. this sephiroth psa does only 4 slashes in octaslash did anyone else notice that?

We're using the original Octaslash from Kingdom Hearts 2.


Soo... I guess I'll just give a bit of feedback, though, it isn't that much... but I guess a lot was already said, so it's alright.

Aerial Side B - LOVE this move, though I have no idea what the hell it's even based off. But just one thing... maybe add some sort of effect to Sephiroth while he's "dashing"? I don't know, it just seems a bit graphically odd to me at the moment.

Down Throw - I like the concept of this, but I think it needs a few more tweaks to the animations.

Back Throw - ...That animation is just dumb. I don't care how, just fix it.
That, and knockback for it just seems to be too strong.

This point is a bit minor, but... his walking speed just doesn't seem to fit his animation. Maybe slow him down a bit more, so that it fits?


...
So, yeah, these are my thoughts on this. This is definately, like, a vast improvement over the previous version, and he already does feel quite a bit like an actual Brawl character, but there are still some details that need to be fixed.

^

Aerial Side B: Can you make the opponent freeze for a short moment before the hits start?

Down Throw: I kind of liked the old one... it was good for "nerfing" was it called? When you catch them trying to recover and throw them down. But this one is good too.

Change the back throw animation: I've said this too, and same for Fair. CHANGE.

Slow Walking Speed: I've said this a few times as well...

Alright, to elaborate on what Cal said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHs9kNedkw&feature=player_embedded
Look at 0:46 or 0:45, that's Oblivion, There a little bit of slash effects on the foe, when they get hit, also, Sephiroth Does the whole animation... Even if he misses, so he has a lot of end lag on it when it misses, thus leaving him WIDE open, You could also put the sword trail on his sword during the move, since he has it in Dissidia...

One more thing about that move, as I said before, it's hit box is too tall, you can hit foes without touching them if they are below you... Make it to where he HAS to pass them to hit.

The throw animations... Alright, I agree, while I won't be as harsh, the animations could use some work on those two throws, down throw... I love the idea behind that one, it's very good, it just needs some fixes, like... I feel that Sephiroth should maybe face the screen? Since the foe faces the screen too.

Back throw... Well, I think the slash should be done faster, and a horizontal slice, kinda like Meta Knight's back throw, I just thought if something... Maybe it could look like the third slash of Reaper? It's shown at 0:37 in that video... Heck, maybe that can be the throw, he turns around, and throws them?[/color]

And yeah, he walks too fast, he needs to slowly creep up on the foe, his animation suggests he's going pretty slow when he walks.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 26, 2011, 10:21:49 PM
Down Throw: I kind of liked the old one... it was good for "nerfing" was it called? When you catch them trying to recover and throw them down. But this one is good too.

Change the back throw animation: I've said this too, and same for Fair. CHANGE.
Yeah but, the old down throw was kinda broken... You could catch them out of the air, and kill them at low percentage... Personally, I'm kinda glad it's changed.

And yeah, forward air should be changed to the chase mode brave attack, it would still work the same, but look more in character.

[Side-B]Oponent freezing may be a problem, it is great as it is at this moment, it just needs a hitbox fix.

But it would be more like the move. They freeze for a second or two and then all the hits come in. Why would that be a problem?

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 26, 2011, 11:33:37 PM
But it would be more like the move. They freeze for a second or two and then all the hits come in. Why would that be a problem?
Probably coding, see, it might not be so easy to code that in there...

How about they slow down for a moment? Or something... isn't there anything that can render them helpless (and still) for a moment? And is easy to do?