Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Brawl- hacks loading along with Project:M  (Read 11172 times)
(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 10, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

I run the Project:M Demo XML with Riivolution, but it also loads my Brawl Minus main menu, textures and music along with Project:M's CSS, SSS, GCT, results screen and strap loader.

Why is it loading both? Can I not have more than one different set of hacks on the same SD card? For example, two 'fighter' folders that contain completely different hacks in each to cater to their respective codeset that gets loaded?

My projectm folder is in SD card/pf, which is the same folder all my Brawl Minus hacks are in.

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:18:08 AM »

errr...thats a tough one

perhaps its because the XML isnt designed to be sharing space with other mods, but really thats all I can think of. I run a similar XML but it runs all known Brawl Mods (not at once, but I can select one and it runs that specific mod) and it runs it with no error.

Or maybe your XML is confused because you have 2 folders of the same name and its loading the files on both folders

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »

errr...thats a tough one

perhaps its because the XML isnt designed to be sharing space with other mods, but really thats all I can think of. I run a similar XML but it runs all known Brawl Mods (not at once, but I can select one and it runs that specific mod) and it runs it with no error.

Or maybe your XML is confused because you have 2 folders of the same name and its loading the files on both folders

I tried something different: I put the projectm.xml in my riivolution folder along with BionicSonic's smashmods.xml (Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5).

When I get on Riivolution, I have the ability to choose between two XMLs: Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5 and Project:M Demo which has the same options as Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5 except it doesn't have a PSA option and the codeset option is replaced with Project:M.

So, I tried loading Project:M as a separate XML this time instead of incorporating its contents into my smashmods.xml, but nothing changed from before -- my Brawl Minus textures and music were still being loaded along with the P:M hacks. I went back, tried disabling everything on Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5 and then scrolled over to the Project:M one and launched it, still nothing changed.

Also, it can't be confused because both mods have the exact same folder names, but P:M chooses only to work the CSS, SSS, stages, movesets and results screen.

Here's how I have everything set up:

For Brawl Minus, which I run via BionicSonic's Mod Launcher v2.5 XML configured with the Gecko layout, I have 'codes', 'pfmenu2', 'private', 'riivolution' and 'pf' on my SD card root.

In 'pf' I have 'projectm' 'fighter', 'stage', 'module', 'sound', 'info', 'info2' and 'system'.

In 'projectm' I have the same folders listed above minus module.

I'm thinking maybe it loads my Brawl Minus textures because P:M didn't come with any, so it just looks for the next thing on my SD card? But then if that were true, my music hacks would work because P:M came with a few songs, but they do not play and instead my music does.

Also, anyone know why my game froze when I tried to play the Mushroomy Kingdom: Underground track in My Music? The music played for a split second then BEEEEEEEE---. Everything else in My Music played fine.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:52:21 PM by (specter) » Logged

Dat0
    Advanced Kitten

Live life to the fullest everyday

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

Use Shadowsnakes riivolution mod launcher
    you can have multiple versions of brawl on one sd card/flashdrive

Dream Forever

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »

Use Shadowsnakes riivolution mod launcher
    you can have multiple versions of brawl on one sd card/flashdrive

Alright cool. I'll have to give it a try. I thought BionicSonic's allowed that, too, because it allows you to change codesets.

Hmm, I can't seem to find it anywhere, though I know I've seen it before while skimming through unread topics. Could you link me to his topic? Thanks.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:46:14 PM by (specter) » Logged

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »

Here you go.
    http://koopacteam.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/653/

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »

That XML is seriously screwed up. Most of my hacks won't work on it when all of them were fine on BionicSonic's modlauncher.xml.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »

which hacks don't work?
    I know you need to take the _en off of common5_en.pac and all that stuff. It works great for me.

Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »

which hacks don't work?
    I know you need to take the _en off of common5_en.pac and all that stuff. It works great for me.

The hacks that won't work are my mu_menumain.pac, sc_title.pac, some of my custom stages' .rels aren't functioning properly (only two that I know of so far) and I can't play on any Stage Roster Expansion stages because it freezes silently. All of these hacks have worked perfectly fine on BionicSonic's XML, and I already switched back to it.

Also, all my stuff does not have _en at the end. ShadowSnake told me to try adding it, but it didn't change anything.

I can provide my XML if anyone needs to review it.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:48:21 PM by (specter) » Logged

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 03:51:25 PM »

yeah the Stage Roster Expansion stages haven't worked for me either. Also I just realized that some stages that need .rels don't work. Other than that though, it works fine for me.

Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »

yeah the Stage Roster Expansion stages haven't worked for me either. Also I just realized that some stages that need .rels don't work. Other than that though, it works fine for me.

So then he must've not added those patch ID things to his XML. I noticed it was missing "<tex_on>", <tex_char>", "<tex_stage>" and "<file external>". I bet that's why they're not working. BionicSonic's XML has all that stuff and it works on his.

All I know is, whatever it is his XML is lacking some elements, because on BionicSonic's XML all of these hacks have worked and I've never had any problems. No freezes except very rare random ones, no unloaded hacks and no .rel problems. That's why I switched back to BionicSonic's modlauncher.

And that brings me back to this topic's question since Dat0's suggestion to use ShadowSnake's XML did not work, so I'm now looking for some more advice.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:08:56 PM by (specter) » Logged

Dat0
    Advanced Kitten

Live life to the fullest everyday

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »

you can modify the xmls to read the files how you want it too
    basicly like merging the two xmls

Dream Forever

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:03:08 PM »

you can modify the xmls to read the files how you want it too
    basicly like merging the two xmls

I know I already tried adding all of the <tex_on> <tex_stage> and <file external> stuff from my other modlauncher XML, but still nothing changed.

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 06:11:44 AM »

maybe its something in the Wii thats not ticken right, or rather, your copy of Riivo.

Im taking a shot in the dark here, but try to reinstall Riivo and the XML you currently, make sure you put the files in the right folder, if need be, try readjusting the XML so that each Brawl Mod is placed in different folders and loads when the Mod is selected in the Riivo menu

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:57 PM »

maybe its something in the Wii thats not ticken right, or rather, your copy of Riivo.

Im taking a shot in the dark here, but try to reinstall Riivo and the XML you currently, make sure you put the files in the right folder, if need be, try readjusting the XML so that each Brawl Mod is placed in different folders and loads when the Mod is selected in the Riivo menu

My Riiovlution and XML work perfectly fine even with the edits I have made to it. I've been told you need to configure the XML so that when you load a codeset, it will refer to a specific folder in your SD card instead of the entire SD card; for example, if you load the Brawl- codeset with Riivo, it will load only the stuff found in pf/brawlminus. If you load Project:M, it only loads stuff found in pf/projectm. Instead, regardless of which codeset I load, it will read stuff from all over my SD card, meaning that any hack that Project:M doesn't have it will load Brawl- hacks instead. I don't want it to do that; I want it to leave the default Brawl files intact if P:M doesn't have any hacks to replace it, not load other hacks on my SD card to fill them. Project:M only loads the files it does because Brawl- also has those files, and since I loaded P:M it loads the P:M hacks instead.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:49:28 PM by (specter) » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: