Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

January 01, 2013, 03:49:55 AM #735 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:51:22 AM by KC
No.  I just know #4 because when I went into the Trophy Room (thing) Fourside's music was playing
EDIT:
#2 - It uses music already in Brawl so, no.
#3 - Only 1 I believe.


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

January 01, 2013, 07:05:43 PM #736 Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:21:06 PM by libertyernie
New version is up! New pack for a new year. Let me save this post for reference.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ­­­­LC-DDM on January 01, 2013, 01:40:10 AM
I have questions.

Is there a PAL release for this yet?
Nope, and there probably won't be - I live in the U.S. and don't have a European copy of the game.
QuoteDo the expanded stages have their own music folders? (Do they get their own music sections from which to choose music, from various BRSTMS of A(Mario) to Z (Victories))
No; their music replaces other music in the game (i.e. Subspace music, those weird WarioWare tracks.)

QuoteHow many music entries are there per stage? (One? More?)
Just one. It's done through codes, not through My Music. If you try to select one of the added stages in My Music, it might freeze the game.

QuoteWill the music entries replace existing music entries? (Will music on R02 (Hanenbow Ambience) play on all stages set to R02, or will a different R02 play on each stage?)
Yes, they do replace existing entries; music on R02 would play on any stage set to play R02.

If you have any other questions, just ask in this thread.

Quote from: libertyernie on January 01, 2013, 07:05:43 PM
New version is up! New pack for a new year. Let me save this post for reference.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nope, and there probably won't be - I live in the U.S. and don't have a European copy of the game.

No; their music replaces other music in the game (i.e. Subspace music, those weird WarioWare tracks.)

Just one. It's done through codes, not through My Music. If you try to select one of the added stages in My Music, it might freeze the game.

Yes, they do replace existing entries; music on R02 would play on any stage set to play R02.

If you have any other questions, just ask in this thread.

Well... couldn't you just... get one? I mean, it would globalize the stage expansion deal.

Okay, so from what I understand it only takes the existing BRSTMs. Can't there be a way to load a different BRSTM with the same code (R02) on a specific stage, like MKWii does with the Custom Tournament thing?

So each stage just plays one specific song... I see. But you could still turn down the volume for existing BRSTMs so they wouldn't play on the original stages, but would play on the custom ones, right?

(Question 2)

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Oh you mean use coding to allow music from other stages to play on others?  I dunno if it can be done...but it would be cool...

There is no My Music relation to this - you can turn the music's option to play completely off and it'll still play on the custom stages because it's all done through coding (if I understand correctly...)


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Brawl seems to have problems now that I added the Stage Expansion stuff to it, pressing "Launch" in Riivolution causes it to just display a black screen.
If it helps, I'm using a flash drive instead of an SD card.  I deleted the .bin file that was in the st folder because that used to cause problems for me back in Gecko and it'd freeze, but deleting it fixed the problem when I was using Gecko.

They say the File Patch Code does that to Riivo, is it on there?


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: KC on January 04, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
They say the File Patch Code does that to Riivo, is it on there?
Nope, I double-checked.  I removed that.  Aside from that, the codes are the same, except I added:
Allow Replays Longer Than 3 Minutes
Tripping Rate Modifier
Colored Shields

My .xmls and similar things are:
Brawl.xml (the one that was included)
codehandler.xml
Codes.xml (Which loads my codes)

Oh, well then, I have no idea.  ;D Sorry


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

January 04, 2013, 10:18:09 PM #743 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:56:06 PM by Tyli
I just tested out renaming the private folder to something else to see if it still turned black.  It did turn black, so perhaps it's something else.

EDIT: It's somewhere in the codes, I tried my old .gct file and the game ran just fine.
EDIT 2: Testing more stuff out, I tried the codes alone with only File Replacement removed and it still freezes.

Quote from: ­­­­LC-DDM on January 02, 2013, 02:13:46 AM
Well... couldn't you just... get one? I mean, it would globalize the stage expansion deal.
I would either have to purchase the PAL disc from overseas or hack my Wii U to play pirated games, neither of which I really want to do right now. Also, I'm not sure that there's PAL versions of all the codes I use.

QuoteOkay, so from what I understand it only takes the existing BRSTMs. Can't there be a way to load a different BRSTM with the same code (R02) on a specific stage, like MKWii does with the Custom Tournament thing?
Not that I know of. Dantarion made a code to invent new BRSTM slots, but IIRC it's kind of buggy. I don't think it worked in Riivolution (not that I can test that now - I don't have a regular Wii anymore.)

QuoteSo each stage just plays one specific song... I see. But you could still turn down the volume for existing BRSTMs so they wouldn't play on the original stages, but would play on the custom ones, right?
Sure! Just check the WarioWare stage in My Music and you should see a couple of SSB64 songs.

@Tyli: When you figure out which code is making Riivo freeze, let us know, ok? I'm afraid I won't be able to test that myself.


I'm looking into it. I want to make sure the P:M team is okay with it, though.
If I release a P:M version, it would probably include some original Brawl stages like Luigi's Mansion and Green Hill Zone.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.  Well regardless, thanks for all your hard work!

Quote from: libertyernie on January 05, 2013, 04:48:50 PM
I would either have to purchase the PAL disc from overseas or hack my Wii U to play pirated games, neither of which I really want to do right now. Also, I'm not sure that there's PAL versions of all the codes I use.
Not that I know of. Dantarion made a code to invent new BRSTM slots, but IIRC it's kind of buggy. I don't think it worked in Riivolution (not that I can test that now - I don't have a regular Wii anymore.)
Sure! Just check the WarioWare stage in My Music and you should see a couple of SSB64 songs.

@Tyli: When you figure out which code is making Riivo freeze, let us know, ok? I'm afraid I won't be able to test that myself.
Actually, I learned I had too many codes.

So where are you guys gonna put Poke Floats and Mute City when they come out?


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U