Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BrawlBox Animation Question...  (Read 2654 times)
JediKnightTemplar
Expert Kitten

I'm pretty much a useless lurker.

View Profile Awards
« on: March 24, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »

I apologize if there's already a thread on this here, but how would I go about lowering and raising a model using animations. I can make my animations work well enough, but I can't get them to line up properly with the floor without changing how I want them to look. Which bone would I edit in order to acheive this?

Rayn
Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »

you can use many bones, I usually use either the TransN bone or the HipN bone.

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
Personas:
Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
Louis (Left 4 Dead)
Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
The Kid (Bastion)
Tumblr!

??_?
Attention. I have your Attention.
Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »

That depends what the model is.
    If you want to move the whole model, expand the model and look under bones, copy the bone name that branches to all the other bones.

right click your character animation and hit new>bone sequence
    name the new bone sequence the bone name you copied (this isn't nessicary in newer brawlbox modsets, you can just paste translations in the model previewer and this is done automatically)
    now preview the model and expand all the side menus
    on the top, make sure the bone checkbox is checked
    on the left, select the bone, and on the right, select the animation.
    on the bottom, the 2nd box on the right tells the number of frames, change it to whatever you want, but keep in mind brawl runs at about 60 fps
    we'll assume you added 100 frames, for example.  Make sure the first box on the right is at frame one and set everything to where you want it on the bottom right menu.  Translations will move your model up and down, side to side, and forwards and backwards on their respective axises.
    rotations change the rotation (lol) and scale changes size.
    once you set values in those, you'll notice that the box becomes yellow.  This means its a keyframe or keyvalue.  The rest of the frames will interpolate off of these frames or values.  to set everything as a keyframe, you can simply hit copy at the bottom right, and then paste.

now you can go to frame 100 and set different values there.  brawlbox will change the values of the frames inbetween 1 and 100, with interpolation according to those keyframes and any keyframes inbetween.

here's a better tutorial on animating
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8045.0

What MrDarkSide said is for characters, and those bones will move the entire model
    bone names vary from character to character but they all have TransN + HipN I believe
    bone names for stages also vary.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:51:57 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: