Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The rule is that the path of the sound file can't contain ANY spaces. Gotta add a note to the tutorial.

Versions 0.062 and 0.072 are fundamentally the same, because the only addition in 0.07 was Generate sound.wav, which sadly nobody uses. Probably because I did not explain it well enough.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

you should also add a tutorial on how to insert longer sounds because its not working for me and it used to so i might be going wrong somwhere
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Generate sound.wav was made for simplifying insertion of longer sounds. Use Generate sound.wav properly and you should be fine.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

well thats the problem i dont know how to use it so you should add a guide on your tutorial
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Everything is in the tutorial. Read it again. Generate sound.wav is a matter of single click after setting up stuff properly.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Fine but I'm confused about the sound length and name thing do I add the name of the wav in my folder or in the brsar? Plus how do I add the length o remember adding something like 00:19.00 but it didn't work still
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

May 22, 2011, 07:32:27 PM #66 Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:39:25 PM by Jaklub
Your posts are hard to read. You don't state clearly where the problem appears, so I'll say this:
- To have Generate sound.wav working, you need to fill Frequency and Length of wav fields. The Length of wav field should be filled with original sound's length in this manner:
(seconds).(1/100seconds)
If your sound lasts 1 and half seconds, type this.
1.5
- To insert the sound, you need to fill ALL the fields above the "Information for users of .dat file" label.
- Generate sound.wav does all sound altering process for you. It creates sound.wav file so you don't have to do any outside file renaming when you're inserting a sound. And it does all the sound speeding up / slowing down and fills Frequency Divide field with a fitting value.

Everything is precised step by step. Try to not to do anything that isn't there, and if something is not clear enough there, quote it.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

again im having trouble i'v pretty much figured out generate wav thing but it gives me "could not get the length of sound file" im trying to replace sonics final smash wave its 00:03.83 i put in "3.83" in sawndz(72)
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

You got the Length of wav field right.

Have you assured there are absolutely no spaces in your path and filename?
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

its a ripped sound from "shadow the hedgehog" game i renamed it to  Shadowchaosblast

now i'v tryed added the actual name of the DAT file(save of sonics FS sound) and of the original on  the brsar still says the same thing
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

2x post damn anway

the files of Sox i have is:  zlib1.dll  pthreadgc2.dll  libgomp-1.dll  dsptool.dll  and  sox

1 might not be from Sox
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

dsptool.dll is from Sawndz and it should be there.
You have what it needs. There are two options: wrong path or wrong sound format.
Just give me the sample and the dat. I'll check it.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

i'll need your email i dont have the wrong sound format its a wav and i have folder on my desktop full of brawl backups i have a sawndz folder there
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

THIS is what is wrong.
Your desktop is localized in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop (at least it should look somewhat like this, I have different Windows language).
Documents and Settings has spaces.

Try somewhere else.

PS. You can contact me through PMs.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

k i'll try it but im going away so in a few days but thanks for your help
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.