Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8

^Wow... This is so much win right here! Well done!

Cool. Now I can fit ALL of PSX Gray Fox's quotes.


Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PMdammit I just had to share this. Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8
:O Mind = Blown
We can make Mr. G&W have words instead of beeps! Same with R.O.B. This is a true breakthrough with SFX Hacking.
Thank you Jaklub and VILE.


Amazing! :happy:
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Jaklub on July 01, 2011, 04:09:44 PM
dammit I just had to share this.
Big thanks to VILE for his notes. Wouldn't be possible without them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcWH_wKjY8

Do want hopefully now it will be the glitch free version with no low quality sounds no matter how long they are and can replace any sound with longer ones
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Thanks guys. But now,

I need your help
http://www.mediafire.com/?w5g6ye6jl12mozk
Use this brsar file and test it to DEATH.

Tell me if you have any problems with it.

Because it's an announcer call that's been replaced, definite majority of sound hex packets can be inserted without problems. However, if you want to replace Subspace Emissary sounds and enemy sounds (this is sounds from groups that are after snd_group_narration_characall), you have to insert them 26210 (156176 in decimal) bytes later.
also for those guys who have more knowledge about brsars. Yup, original announcer call is still there, it's because the longer sound adding progress isn't very automatized now.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

July 03, 2011, 01:29:28 AM #98 Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:38:12 AM by Eternal Yoshi
I'm here to point out that I got the longer sound working in the .bsrar but..... the pitch is wrong. It sounds like he's giant XD.

Edit: I found my solution. It involves audacity.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 03, 2011, 01:29:28 AMI'm here to point out that I got the longer sound working in the .bsrar but..... the pitch is wrong. It sounds like he's giant XD. Edit: I found my solution. It involves audacity.
Post it? PM me?
Say hi to me?

July 03, 2011, 01:56:31 AM #100 Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:02:35 AM by Eternal Yoshi
It's super weird and seemingly counter intuitive.

Gimme a moment.....

OK. I'm not good at these so I'll just explain what I did.

First I got the lengths of the two sounds. In my situation, I got a sound that's 0.72 seconds long and the one from the .bsrar is 0.51 seconds long.

In that calculator I did 0.72/0.51 and rounded up the product to the nearest hundreth, 1.42, which I put into the Frequency Divide.

I inserted the sound by using convert and insert and it was at the wrong pitch.

So, i took note of the resulting frequency (15528) and then opened my Sound.wav backup in Audacity and change the frequency to 15528, saved it to NEOsound.wav. Then I opened that and removed the added seconds to make it match 0.72 seconds and overwrite sound.wav.

Then I closed Audacity(To prevent interference) and reinserted the sound, and that's that.

Faster way, do the frequency divide yourself in Audacity and then in Sawnds.

Just use Generate sound.wav instead. If some problems occur, refer here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=24339.0
If it still doesn't work, you have to do it manually.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

i got a idea for one of your´s next sawnds versions

do it so it can preview sounds like Smashbox but working in 64bit too
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Same to me i try to put roy sfx and...
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 03, 2011, 01:29:28 AM
It sounds like he's giant XD.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.