Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bug related to .sawnd files. Not entire data from them was copied (some may have noticed that while digging around the Tails SFX pack). Now it's fixed and should always work.

Full support for old .sawnd files was kept, however.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Apparently, I get this error when I try to use the program.

"Failed to initialize drawing surfaces. Please check that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements and that your drivers are up-to-date. If your graphics card has little memory, try switching your computer to a lower resolution."

What is this?!

I'm using Windows 7 Professional.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Restart your computer and try again.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 09:42:57 AMRestart your computer and try again.

Tried that and it didn't work.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AM #289 Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:29:52 AM by Jaklub
Are you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way.

1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz.
soundfile.dll
sndconv.exe
dsptool.dll
2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory.
3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Create a text file, e.g. sawnd.txt. Open it and copy-paste that:
BEGIN a
File sound.wav
OUTPUT ADPCM
END

Next, use command line to run this
sndconv sawnd.txt -a
Instead of sawnd.txt write the name of your text file.
After that operation, run this in your command line.
sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL.
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in.
Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in.
Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace.
Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound.
0 should always be there at the end.
I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time.
4. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawndcreate -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal.
5. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawnd
6. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz hex -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal.

And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AMAre you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way. 1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz. soundfile.dll sndconv.exe dsptool.dll 2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory. 3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Run this in your command line. sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0 ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL. Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in. Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in. Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace. Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound. 0 should always be there at the end. I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time. 3. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line sawndz sawndcreate -groupid Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal. 4. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line sawndz sawnd 5. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line sawndz hex -groupid Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal. And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Sorry, I made a mistake in point 3. I'll fix it right now.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:26:35 AMSorry, I made a mistake in point 3. I'll fix it right now.

I knew something was up with that while I was trying to add sounds. Thanks again :)!
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

I'm trying to make a Meta Knight announcer sound replacement, and when I play it in brawl it's slowed down. The clip isn't even a second long, the Frequency 16000, and it is in mono. What do I do?

Are you sure you're using the newest Sawndz?

Please send me the clip if you are.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

...Yeah, I'm not. I just updated, thanks ^^;

Now I'm having trouble while I'm trying to insert a WAV file. I keep getting this error say "Group is incorrect" or something. Did I do something wrong?

I was trying to replace the audience's Captain Falcon chant (root, cheer, whatever its called).
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

You're trying to use non-existent group. Write what are you exactly trying to run.

BTW Captain Falcon's group ID is 20.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 22, 2011, 09:20:39 PM
You're trying to use non-existent group. Write what are you exactly trying to run.

BTW Captain Falcon's group ID is 20.

It didn`t do squat! I followed the instructions you gave me, but none of them worked! What else do I need to do to insert a wave?
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Quote from: Lord Orga on August 23, 2011, 12:17:13 AM
It didn`t do squat! I followed the instructions you gave me, but none of them worked! What else do I need to do to insert a wave?
Tell me what step are you stuck in and I will help.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.