Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

...you need to figure out how to make this work on 64 bit computers...
Sorry if it seems like I'm nagging but you really do. That's so unfair that I can't use it just because I happen to have one of the two kinds of computers.

whoevver made smashbox should give us the source code so we con modify it to work on N 64-bit  computers :P

well im still trying to get Smashbox to work, but its not letting me look at the Waves.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

July 28, 2011, 06:27:48 AM #243 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:37:48 AM by Jaklub
Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on July 28, 2011, 04:51:12 AM
...you need to figure out how to make this work on 64 bit computers...
Sorry if it seems like I'm nagging but you really do. That's so unfair that I can't use it just because I happen to have one of the two kinds of computers.
*sigh* Use the BrawlBox way! I wrote down the groups and collections for a reason, you know.  :srs:

@player_03: The structure must be exactly the same if you want to simply copy stuff over. You must manually export the Purin sounds and get them into the PAL brsar.
@Pervy: That only happened to me once, when sound had a really weird frequency. I had no problems with your announcer sample. Try restarting your computer.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

July 28, 2011, 07:31:12 AM #244 Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:28:07 PM by player_03
Actually, I'm trying to move sound effects from the PAL version to the NTSC version, not the other way around. (Edit: Sorry, I was *really* confused here. I meant to say that I was copying from NTSC-J to NTSC-U.)

Anyway, I took your advice, exporting the sounds individually and adding them in. It works fine in Smashbox, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, the file is 43600 bytes larger than the original, which presumably means it wouldn't work in-game.

I've started looking for relatively long waves that aren't used much so I can shorten them, but if you know a better way to reduce the filesize, I'd like to hear it.

Quote from: Jaklub on July 28, 2011, 06:27:48 AM@Pervy: That only happened to me once, when sound had a really weird frequency. I had no problems with your announcer sample. Try restarting your computer.

Gave that example right after I restarted my computer actuly.

Wait. I jsut tried again and it's working. I had ;eft my laptop off for an hour. Hm, I'll report back with any new problems I have, and just to check, the correct frequency is 16000 right?
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: Pervy Shadow of Shadow Bros Inc. on July 28, 2011, 07:46:14 AM
Gave that example right after I restarted my computer actuly.

Wait. I jsut tried again and it's working. I had ;eft my laptop off for an hour. Hm, I'll report back with any new problems I have, and just to check, the correct frequency is 16000 right?

unless I have notable quality drops when converting down a frequency, I just export it with the frequency of the sound i am replacing....

brawl has:
48000 (usually anything else in the char voice)
32000 (usually hit voices)
22050 (usually sound effects)
16000 (usually announcer)
6000 (wii mote)

Quote from: player_03 on July 28, 2011, 07:31:12 AM
Actually, I'm trying to move sound effects from the PAL version to the NTSC version, not the other way around.

Anyway, I took your advice, exporting the sounds individually and adding them in. It works fine in Smashbox, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, the file is 43600 bytes larger than the original, which presumably means it wouldn't work in-game.

I've started looking for relatively long waves that aren't used much so I can shorten them, but if you know a better way to reduce the filesize, I'd like to hear it.
Looks like I misunderstood you about waves transferring. Increases can be quite big, but what really matters is the size. If you're just copying PAL samples, you should be fine.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Diddy Kong on July 28, 2011, 08:41:05 AM
unless I have notable quality drops when converting down a frequency, I just export it with the frequency of the sound i am replacing....

brawl has:
48000 (usually anything else in the char voice)
32000 (usually hit voices)
22050 (usually sound effects)
16000 (usually announcer)
6000 (wii mote)

Huh, i've onle done anouncer calls before so ;D
Thanks for the help guys
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

If you have any other problems, write.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Will do ;D
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

after a recent small replace on the announcer, ALL the wii mote SFX muted in-game, but still play in smash box....

I think you should start cutting or lowering frequency of your announcer samples. As far as I know, things get mute when you have too much stuff.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

currently, I follow the frequency the original sound i am replacing uses, should I cut all the frequency on it, or cut the time on them? (will the sfx return after that is done?)

The samples which sound horrible after frequency lowering, trim them. Others, lower the frequency. SFX should return after it's done. If they don't, do further cuts. Repeat till they return.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.