Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Jaklub on September 06, 2011, 08:15:41 PMMost of the numbers you have in the SmashBox and the brawlbox.txt file I wrote are in hexadecimal. To use them in the command prompt, you have to convert them to decimal. You can simply use Windows calculator for that task. Remember though, wave IDs are decimal everywhere. I can't remember where would these be written in hexadecimal. Hope that helped.

Do I have to put the waveID in decimal form? If so, that didn't work.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Quote from: Lord Orga on September 07, 2011, 08:21:55 PM
Do I have to put the waveID in decimal form? If so, that didn't work.
Yes, you should never convert wave IDs. If you're having problems with replacing the sound, tell me exactly what you're typing in the command line and what are you trying to achieve. I'll tell you what's wrong then.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on September 07, 2011, 08:28:39 PMYes, you should never convert wave IDs. If you're having problems with replacing the sound, tell me exactly what you're typing in the command line and what are you trying to achieve. I'll tell you what's wrong then.

I'm trying to type:

sawndz insert 20 136 Wave6 16000 0
or something like that.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Wave6? Nope. Try this one.
sawndz insert 20 136 6 16000 0
Should be fine.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on September 07, 2011, 08:32:25 PMWave6? Nope. Try this one. sawndz insert 20 136 6 16000 0 Should be fine.

So that's what I've been doing wrong! I'll go ahead and try it!
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

It worked! Thank you so much!
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

when i try to open smashbros_sound with smash box OR brawl box it just wont let me do somethings like the instructions say for examplw on the smash box version i open groups and the files inside groups dont have anything inside of them and brawlbox when youur suposed to export that thing in the bottom right it wont let me export help pleas!!!!!!!!!

spek engish pleas!!!!!!!
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: jake202600 on September 08, 2011, 10:06:48 PM
when i try to open smashbros_sound with smash box OR brawl box it just wont let me do somethings like the instructions say for examplw on the smash box version i open groups and the files inside groups dont have anything inside of them and brawlbox when youur suposed to export that thing in the bottom right it wont let me export help pleas!!!!!!!!!
wow that certainly was a fail sentence.


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 21, 2011, 11:01:28 AM
Are you using a toaster or a computer? ;p j/k. You have to resort to the more work-involving way.

1. Get those 3 files on your own and put them into the directory with Sawndz.
soundfile.dll
sndconv.exe
dsptool.dll
2. You still need the smashbros_sound.brsar in your directory.
3. If you want to insert a single .wav sound, rename it to sound.wav and put it into your directory with Sawndz. Create a text file, e.g. sawnd.txt. Open it and copy-paste that:
BEGIN a
File sound.wav
OUTPUT ADPCM
END

Next, use command line to run this
sndconv sawnd.txt -a
Instead of sawnd.txt write the name of your text file.
After that operation, run this in your command line.
sawndz insert -groupid -collid -wavid -frequency 0
ALL ARGUMENTS IN DECIMAL.
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group your sound is in.
Instead of -collid write the collection ID of the collection your sound is in.
Instead of -wavid write the wave ID of the wave you want to replace.
Instead of -frequency write the frequency of your sound.
0 should always be there at the end.
I assume you probably won't be using base wave functionality, so I'll explain it some other time.
4. If you want to create a sawnd file, first make sure there is no sawnd.sawnd file in the directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawndcreate -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the group ID of the group of which you want to create the sawnd file. In decimal.
5. If you want to insert a sawnd file, rename it to sawnd.sawnd and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz sawnd
6. If you want to insert a hex packet, rename it to hex.hex and put it into directory with Sawndz. Then run this from command line
sawndz hex -groupid
Instead of -groupid write the ID of group which hex packet replaces. In decimal.

And that's pretty much it. To get the group IDs, collection IDs and wave IDs refer to the image included with Sawndz. Use SmashBox 0.57 to open your brsar.

video tutorial for this? im not great at written tutorials :/
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Soul Evans on September 18, 2011, 01:02:02 AM
video tutorial for this? im not great at written tutorials :/
Nope. You have to precisely do what instructions say, step by step.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

all i had to do was restart my laptop :P
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can we use this program to change a character's victory music? I have lots of Terra hacks over Zelda and Peach, but I don't wanna hear the Mario or Zelda victory theme when I win with them, because they don't suit Terra at all.
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on September 19, 2011, 07:30:58 PM
Can we use this program to change a character's victory music? I have lots of Terra hacks over Zelda and Peach, but I don't wanna hear the Mario or Zelda victory theme when I win with them, because they don't suit Terra at all.
no, you make a brstm for that...i might have one already made that fits, check the link on the bottom pic of my sig and go to the victories section

Sorry if I'm being a noob, but this is my first time so please don't say things like "OMG It's so easy".
So my question I'm trying to put the Goku SFX into my Brawl, but it's a .sawndz file and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?