Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stage Hack Help - Changing Death Bounderies [Nvm - Figured it out - SOLVED]  (Read 1664 times)
charatchan
Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 16, 2011, 04:11:39 AM »

Dear CK forumers,

I need to know how to change the 'out of bounds' areas of a stage.  There are a few stages I want to do this with but for example:  Green Hill Zone is a little small for my tastes and I would like to extend it left and right so that players could play on a larger stage.

I don't know much about hacking and I only have Brawl Box and Smash Attacks.  I've opened Green Hill Zone in Brawl Box and managed to figure out how to expand the areas the characters can walk on, but I don't know how to add more of the blue tiles that make the stage walkable (and knowing how to do that would be amazing too if someone knows how).

I've got some great stage [improvement] ideas and I'll start posting them as soon as I am able to actually DO them.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:53:32 AM by charatchan » Logged

"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep" -- Fran Lebowitz

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:56:39 AM »

do collisions with brawlbox modset (for extra collisions hold alt and make it) the use brawlwall for boundaries.

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »

Thank you msp26.

Adding collisions works great now that I know how XD.

As for brawlwall.... XD downloaded it and can't figure out how to do anything in it... ah well that's how it was with brawlbox too.  I'm a very 'hands-on' learner so I'll stumble my way around brawlwall for a while and see what I can't accidentally learn (of course I could find myself a tutorial too XD).

Thanks again ^.^

charatchan
    Advanced Kitten

>^.^< Meow >^.^<

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:33:55 PM »

Ok, I've found the Dead0N and Dead1N in the StagePosition section using both brawlbox and brawlwall.  I'm still having a bit of trouble though.

In Brawlwall I can change the death boundaries but when I save it it saves the entire stage and not just the Dead0N and Dead1N and its not in a pac format... I can't seem to figure out how to use it once its saved.

In Brawlbox I can locate the boundaries very easily but I can't seem to change them at all!!!

Anyone have any insight on this?

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:20 AM »

right, when you change it in brawlwall copy the numbers for death boundaries and paste into brawlbox. that should work

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: