720p brawl?

Started by sph34r, April 26, 2011, 01:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm not a pirate, I bought SSBB for $50 the day it came out.


Regardless, I don't want to buy a capture card if I can use wiiscrubber and avoid having to buy stuff. Now I just need how to figure out how to use wiiscrubber =|

Does anyone know if there's a guide somewhere that lists which files on the ISO correspond to what files in-game? Specifically, just the replays/music/textures section.

April 27, 2011, 08:53:57 AM #16 Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:56:15 AM by Una
Quote from: tjmsrubegoldberg on July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM
3. Downloading and Using Brawl Hacks

Now that you have Homebrew set up and an app to load files with, you'll need files to load. Where can you find files? Right here of course! Look around the forums and BrawlVault to find hacks that you like and download them to your computer. All files must be named correctly in order for them to work. Look at the lists below for where to put the files and what to name them. This list works for both the File Patch code and Riivolution, as long as you used the File Patch XML for Riivolution. (Replace the (X)'s in the file locations with the proper SD drive location and disc region.

Characters
Characters belong in the following location:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\Fighter\(Character Name)\

Here are the names for each character:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Character Colors by File Number:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The transforming characters (Zero Suit Samus/Samus, Wario/Wario Man, Bowser/Giga Bowser, Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard) all need .pac files along with .pcs files for textures to work correctly.

Stages
Normal stages belong in the following location:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\stage\melee\

SSE stages (NOT MODEL SWAPPED STAGES, only the actual SSE stages) belong in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\stage\adventure\
You'll know if a stage is an actual SSE stage because it's file name will be a bunch of numbers. (Ex. 420101.pac)

Stage Names:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Music
Music only works with File Patch code versions over 3.1 (and Riivolution of course).
Songs belong in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\sound\strm\

A full list of songs and what to name them can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jgmd833x1l0bpjn.
(Not made by me, but I forgot who made it... Sorry!)

*Note* If your music sounds like static, or the song cuts off randomly and a new song starts, or the song doesn't sound like it should, first try defragmenting your SD Card. If that doesn't work, back up everything on your SD Card and then format it.

Sound Effects
Sound effects can ONLY be used with Riivolution. The most stable File Patch Code (3.5.1) DOES NOT support sound effects.
The file "smashbros_sound.brsar" is the file used for sound effects in game, such as character/announcer voices. This file is often edited for completely new characters. It belongs in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\sound\

Menus
Most hacks for the menus are in the mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, and sc_selmap.pac files.

The mu_menumain.pac file belongs in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pfmenu2\ (Not a typo. Create a new folder in your RSBE folder called "pfmenu2" for the mu_menumain.pac.)

The other files above belong in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\menu2\


System Files
The system files that are most commonly edited are common3.pac and common5.pac

All of the common_.pac files belong in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\system\

Strap Loaders
This is the screen that appears before the opening movie which reminds you to wear the wrist strap/don't hit people. It's very popular to edit. It belongs in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\menu\strap\

Rel Files
These files allow you to replace a stage in Brawl with a stage that uses a different Brawl stage as a base. For example, if somebody created a stage based off of Final Destination, you could use a rel file to load it over Hanenbow instead. They belong in:
(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\module\
For help in naming or creating rel files, visit this page: http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files.

Quoted from "The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking".

Quote from: GuyWithHat on April 26, 2011, 11:58:36 PMThe highest the Wii can run at isnt 480p, its actually 720p, the only thing is...very few developers actually use that graphic power for the Wii
Wait. HD on Wii is actually possible? What titles actually use it?

Sorry for incompetence.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Well, yes. I know that much (from what you quoted), but when I load the ISO I have a bunch of this:



How do I go from that to \pf\fighter or any of the other stuff?

Ha ha, sorry if I come off as clueless (I am).

April 28, 2011, 07:18:19 AM #19 Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:42:26 AM by sph34r
/facepalm

Yeah, okay. Maybe not that clueless. Found it. God that was lame.

edit: I have all my textures/music replaced, but I don't know what the directory for replays is. On the SD card it's "rp" but I can't find the corresponding directory on the ISO.

halp?

April 28, 2011, 10:13:33 AM #20 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:39:29 PM by Diddy_Kong
Quote from: sph34r on April 28, 2011, 07:18:19 AM
/facepalm

Yeah, okay. Maybe not that clueless. Found it. God that was lame.

edit: I have all my textures/music replaced, but I don't know what the directory for replays is. On the SD card it's "rp" but I can't find the corresponding directory on the ISO.

halp?

thats because the disc doesnt contain replays, the rp data is in either the system memory (the wii/your vault data), OR on your sd card, to the replay stuff you just keep that on your card or the wii memory and launch the replay on the injected iso how you do normally

Quote from: Jaklub on April 27, 2011, 01:24:04 PM
Wait. HD on Wii is actually possible? What titles actually use it?

Sorry for incompetence.

Sonic Colors is one of the rare ones. Brawl was on the list but Nintendo canceled it due to high costs. I forget the other ones.
"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning :P

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me