Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need to know what programs is best to use for Vertexing  (Read 1611 times)
DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »

ok i want to get started with vertex/textures for the vertexs so what programs is best to use(for free)?

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:14:10 AM »

well there are vertexing programs uploaded on the vault

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

dark sonic 19
    Supreme Kitten

Luigi Time!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »

Its best to use 3ds max 8

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:01:02 AM »

Its best to use 3ds max 8

max isn't free. u can try blender tho, its free to se but its ui is a little more complicated then max.

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

binjovi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 04:00:32 AM »

Y'see, the problem with using Blender isn't so much the interface, or the complexity of it—it's actually a fantastic program once you learn the ins and outs of it! The problem is the fact that it can't seem to import .dae files correctly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I've been unable to use Das Donkey Vertex Box v. 2.2 OR Vile's Vertex Box simply because of the steps requiring the use of .dae files. I'd be "vertexing" like a maniac if I could get over this one tiny hump.

So to answer the question: If you want to vertex hack, buy 3ds Max 8. If you want to vertex hack for free, crack 3ds Max 8. =/

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 12:48:22 PM »

Y'see, the problem with using Blender isn't so much the interface, or the complexity of it—it's actually a fantastic program once you learn the ins and outs of it! The problem is the fact that it can't seem to import .dae files correctly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I've been unable to use Das Donkey Vertex Box v. 2.2 OR Vile's Vertex Box simply because of the steps requiring the use of .dae files. I'd be "vertexing" like a maniac if I could get over this one tiny hump.

So to answer the question: If you want to vertex hack, buy 3ds Max 8. If you want to vertex hack for free, crack 3ds Max 8. =/

personally use 3ds max 9 i got it free from a class in school w00t! but i think some one made an import script for blender some where i'll try to find it. also u might want to delete the part about cracking it u can get in trouble x.x

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

binjovi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »

If there is a better import plug-in than Blender 2.5's default—and you can find it—I'd really appreciate it. I've looked all over. The general consensus seemed to be that everyone just uses Max to do any vertex hacking nowadays.

Actually, now that I think about it, all that should really be necessary for us Blenderites would be a package—much like MeleeMaster500's Brawlscript Easy Vertex Pack—containing the character models in .obj format. Basically just the first half of the Vile's Vertex Box tutorial. That is, assuming Blender can open up those .objs correctly.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:42:36 PM by binjovi » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: