[Request] File patch code or Rii for Dolphin emulator?

Started by DoctorFlux(Mariodk), May 12, 2011, 06:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

what software for dolphin?
i think i got a idea
instead we making something for dolphin maybe try to get the file patch code to thing the root of like C:\ is the SD card or a other folder in the PC
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Bumping this thead
a Program or Plugin so Dolphin can support file patcher code or rii or something like that shoulder be done soon (i hope)
so we can use like more stages code/get hacks for Dolphin without edit the .iso and not needed to replace one by one files in the .iso
if some USB loaders can use File patch code like gecko or even some USB loaders can be like Rii so i think it is possible to do it that for Dolphin too
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

A file patch code compatible for riivolution is needed
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

It's not. It makes no sense.

Riivolution fundamentally IS like File Patch Code. Only better.
Quote from: MarioDK on May 17, 2011, 03:46:51 PMor even some USB loaders can be like Rii
O.o
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

the reason for i like Dolphin is HD+is on PC so it is fast and easy to test hacks on a Emulator+can record videos on dolphin+can take dolphin with me and play SSBB at the school´s PCs  :af2:
and also some ppl who dont got a wii and only wanted SSBB using dolphin but there are missing some stuff like more stages and soon more char slots. since you can´t add more files to the .iso
so i think this idea for dolphin is really needed

also my US disc Iso dont working if i just edit the .brsar inside the .iso and use file patcher code for rest of the hacks with a usbloader so i can play US SSBB on PAL Wii
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

well, here's an idea:

dolphin can install WAD files,
and Gecko comes in a WAD...

if we can get a GCT into sd.raw,
and set the default iso to brawl

if my assumptions are correct,
you should be able to load gecko just as you should on the wii :)


else: we'll still have to find a way to get data onto sd.raw,
but we'll have to use the FRC in the Gecko code manager

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

and Gecko on dolphin load SSBB?
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on May 17, 2011, 06:50:29 PM
and Gecko on dolphin load SSBB?

default iso == SSBB
^dolphin iso directory settings

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on May 17, 2011, 06:51:40 PM

default iso == SSBB
^dolphin iso directory settings
ohh yeah i forgot ;D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

bump again
we Emulator users needing this
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

To some extent, I've been able to get the file patch code to work with the Dolphin Emulator.

However, you will have to create a new sd.raw file, using WinImage, in order to do this.  Sadly, WinImage is not free, so you're limited to a 30 day trial if you don't buy it.

there is something named Crack :D
anyway can you tell me how to do it that (or maybe make a Guide to how to do it that)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: MarioDK on June 02, 2011, 10:12:24 PM
there is something named Crack :D
anyway can you tell me how to do it that (or maybe make a Guide to how to do it that)

From what I know, the sd.raw file that the Dolphin Emulator makes uses only 128 MB.  However, you can easily make an sd.raw file that holds much more memory by doing the following...

1: Install WinImage.

2: Have WinImage read your SD card.  You'll be given the option to save the SD card data onto an image file.

3: Instead of using the default file extension, save your image file with the .raw file extension.

4: Let the program run its course, and you should have your very own sd.raw file.

Now again, WinImage is not free, so you will have to buy the program if you want to use it for more than a month.

Quote from: mnsg on June 02, 2011, 10:32:26 PM
Now again, WinImage is not free, so you will have to buy the program if you want to use it for more than a month.

that's why I asked if there was a better program...

I've been searching myself, but I havn't found anything useful yet :/

unless...
hang on <_<

I'll report back in a few if this works

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Anyway, here are some images, regarding this.  They're big, so look in the spoiler box to see them.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.