Clone Engine/Character Porting Q&A/FAQ Thread ***DO NOT REQUEST .RELS!!***

Started by Eternal Yoshi, May 23, 2011, 02:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm trying to do a Toon Link over Peach/Marth, but it keeps freezing the game. Please help.

blah blah blah articles.
blah blah blah wait until .rel files are better defined
blah blah blah entry.pac


Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on May 23, 2012, 09:18:36 PM
blah blah blah articles.
blah blah blah wait until .rel files are better defined
blah blah blah entry.pac


Quote from: Link615 on May 23, 2012, 09:14:52 PM
I'm trying to do a Toon Link over Peach/Marth, but it keeps freezing the game. Please help.
cant rel port toon link :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

be lazy liek me and edit a marth .rel to work on what ever character, then copy=pasta tl's files
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

unlikly idea for character roster expansion

Here is an idea for the last clone engine I thought about
but it wouldn't haved worked back then
since this new engine ports characters which I assume is his idea is, its might work
when selecting a new character *any character*

I had thought that every player could have there own slot

Player 1 = Mario
Player 2 = Luigi
Player 3 = Peach
Player 4 = Bowser

then when a player pics a character their character is switched out

EX.

Player 1 picks boswer
Mario is then replaced by bowser (loading character onto mario)

OF COURSE: that wouldn't have worked and still doesn't now

but what "if", get it if statement
when a player chooses a character (only extra)
it links it to

Fighter/Custom_00 (these are all based on ike)
Fighter/Custom_01
Fighter/Custom_02
Fighter/Custom_03
Fighter/Custom_04

which will over write their character slot

Player 1 = Ike (original)
Player 2 = Ike (over marth)
Player 3 = Ike (over Metaknight)
Player 4 = Ike (over jiggilypuff)

the CUSTOM fighter will just replace ike
(which replaced another character so in reality it replaces marth metaknight and jiggly puff too)
the only difference is that,
ike will be marth metaknight and jiggleypuff

!------------------------

okay error what if jiggalypuff marth and metaknight are
(or ike you will already have a slot reserved for that)

they will be loaded from
Fighter/Custom_Native/
The original Characters (Ike Ported onto them are reverse portable yes/no ?)

[
Q. why special load then
A. As to not interfere with custom loaded files, the system itself.
]

anyways

Pokemon Trainer Can be split up into
- Squirtle
- Charazar
- Ivysaur

The trainer icon can be used with the costume/character replacement code
same thing with zalda (can we add HOLD z for sheik)
same thing with zzs (Hold Z for samus)

-------------------------------------------

Okay thats three characters with icons and csps
and an infinite (SD size lol) with no icon and csps

what do you guys think?
would that work

--------------------------------------
Clone Engine/Character Porting Q&A/FAQ Thread ***DO NOT REQUEST .RELS!!***
--------------------------------------

this is about the clone engine and porting
but other things too.

I know typos
but I wrote this quickly


True Creation

Kay so I just came about this so I'm totally new with this clone engine thing. How exactly does this work?
I mean is this for like adding more character spaces into the game so we can port other characters over a particular model (eg if I want to use link as well as Oni Link without losing any other chartacters)

correct it is being worked on
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

just some  questions

can somebody tell me which are de offset to change on marth .rel??

i have 5 clones of ike on my game but there is a limit about the number of the clones u can have?

why dante over pikmin doesn't need  gtc codes to work corretly??

1) dont ask that here. jsut compare 2 marth .rels one edited
2) no
3) it does
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just a question. I tried doing a FitPurin00.pac/pcs edit to include one of my own models since I saw all sort of models port over characters (such as Marth, Peach and so on as long as they are on a FitPurin00.pac/pcs) and downloaded a fresh, unedited G&W rel file (only character that I don't use at all...) My model has more bones than G&W, which is good, since it is somehow needed. I included a FitZelda.pac and a FitZeldaMotionEtc pac file to go with, but... the Wii crashes after choosing a stage. Why is this happening? Do I need to edit the .rel file, and if yes, with what?

EDIT : Nevermind, got it working with a hex-editing program :)
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Anyone have try the "wiiscruber" way ?

In pure theory, if we copy and rename the .rel by the one we want replace with all the file inside the "fighter" folder and if we rebuild the partition, maybe this should be work ?

i will try this theory, see what i can have.

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 02:08:02 PM

Quote from: Raphael on June 23, 2012, 02:03:21 PM
No... That has already been tried, it wont work..

Now i'm sad :( i need the stuff inside the "FitSonicFinal.pac" ! ...

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Quote from: Raphael on June 23, 2012, 02:10:38 PM
What do you mean? for PSA? the rel is not needed for that, is it not?

I need it for the model slot inside, it's for a Blaze PSA, and i want a burning Blaze final smash.

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Quote from: Raphael on June 23, 2012, 02:33:54 PM
I don't understand, if your just trying to get a model from FitSonicFinal.pac can't you extract the .brres than inject that into the .pac your using for you PSA?

I'm new in ssbb hack, but that mean i will absolutely need to do HEX for the psa in that case, right?

If i able to avoid this... :p

But if i have no other option, i will do it.

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Quote from: Raphael on June 23, 2012, 02:54:18 PM
No, use Brawlbox to extract the .brres, no hex editor needed for that.

For this part i know, it's in the PSA itself i fear i will need to use HEX, for activating/switching the model in the final smash.

Edit: or, i need to use the .rel way for cloning Sonic into a other character and directly edit it, this mean i still need to do HEX but maybe it's a easier way but i don't know if this character can be ported ????

Next project after Blaze

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Model maker are now officialy wanted !

Authntic question here:

Okay you know the Marth over Alloy and Company?

does this officially work? like i don't know how to officially activate the Alloys, is there a code or css edit that makes the Alloys have a seperate icon themselves?

you know the whole works
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating