Clone Engine/Character Porting Q&A/FAQ Thread ***DO NOT REQUEST .RELS!!***

Started by Eternal Yoshi, May 23, 2011, 02:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

wrong section
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 21, 2012, 03:13:05 AM
wrong section

you could be nice and direct me to the Right section and maybe even post a link to that section.

Can someone please (pretty please) tell me the correct No entry and no result codes for DK? I'm trying to use these with no luck:

dk no entry
* 00AD8031 00000000

dk no result
* 00AD8069 00000000

I'm trying to get the Frieza PSA with sfx over DK working properly... I'm not sure if the codes are good... thanks!

Quote from: Phazonin on July 21, 2012, 03:39:32 PM
Can someone please (pretty please) tell me the correct No entry and no result codes for DK? I'm trying to use these with no luck:

dk no entry
* 00AD8031 00000000

dk no result
* 00AD8069 00000000

I'm trying to get the Frieza PSA with sfx over DK working properly... I'm not sure if the codes are good... thanks!

Are you PAL? Those codes are for NTSC-U only.

I'm pretty new to actually trying to port characters. All I've really done is put things like Spiderman over Marth. Just basic stuff. What I'm after now is porting Captain Falcon over Diddy Kong, you know, because Diddy's AI is too good in Brawl Minus.
I don't know if it makes any difference, but it's the Sub-Zero PSA(http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27563)
I'm just asking for someone smart to help me. :/

Is it unusual, that I downloaded something off the Vault that allows a character to be ported over G&W, but despite the many files with different colors palettes (FitPurin03.pcs, FitPurin01.pcs, etc...) that only ONE color is kept for the entire G&W fighter? What I mean is that ONLY the FitPurin00.pac's colors are shown, even if I try changing G&W's colors in the CSS. Help, anyone?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

yeah only the first colro works for g&w if you port over him
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

G&W has only 1 costume file, meaning only 1 can be used. I remember someone finding a way to use clr0 files to recolor their character. Think it was Paper Mario.

OK. Now I have seen many character ports over other characters, and I was wondering if it was possible to port Peach over Diddy Kong, as someone did it for G&W (Rosalina) though her files are renamed 'FitPurin' or something like that... I was wondering...how could I do that?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

As I said to you before, use the ftpeach.rel that was edited to work over wario
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The ft_diddy now works perfectly. But I do have another question. I downloaded this ''Zelda over Wario'' .rel somewhere on the internet, but everytime I choose Wario on the CSS...FREEZES WII. And when I returned to that site (don't remember which one, though), the file was deleted by its owner *facepalm*...that was a week ago, I think. I dunno what's wrong with this .rel as everything seems fine to me... But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to that .rel file from MediaFire to see if someone can find out what's wrong, and why it crashes when I load Wario...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

well, its obvious that this "zelda.rel over wario" was deleted becasue it didnt work :srs:
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why did my message got removed? Oh well... I just downloaded the ft_ike thing by PW, but I'm stuck where it says, in the change file, to change those values :
Required values to be changed:
[0x000000] = Target Module Id
[0x01C248] = Target Module Id
[0x014080] = Target Character Id

I search for them in HxD, but I can't find them with the search method... I read EVERYTHING before posting this, BTW...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

I have a problem when using Sephiroth over R.O.B. on Riivolution. The game starts but it freezes before showing th other character. Why?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on August 16, 2012, 12:55:42 AM
I have a problem when using Sephiroth over R.O.B. on Riivolution. The game starts but it freezes before showing th other character. Why?
Most likely because R.O.B has more bones than Marth, I think that robot has more than 150 bones while Marth has at least 70... In order to port a character over another, the new one MUST have more bones than the original one. For example I did replaced Wario with Zelda, but I cannot do vice-versa because Zelda has more bones than Wario. Probably because of that.  :-\
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(