Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Project Rock On! Rockman Dash/Megaman Volnutt - ON HOLD FOR NOW  (Read 32312 times)
Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 04:25:26 PM »

I'm trying this tomorrow for sure, can't wait to try Cheesy

Tempo_
    Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 04:50:51 PM »

Oh, the project's picked back up?

EDIT: Never mind; read that this was something different.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:28:34 PM by Tempo_ » Logged

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Rock Lobster
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

PlaqueOne, I love you.  Just thought you should know.  

Herculeswill22
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Starstormer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »

He looks like a dude made of lego with a tacked on human head.  And you're saying that DOESN'T look retarded XD? 

Still, PSA is fun so far.  I'm gonna do a bit more playtesting :3
    LOL, I meant the megaman vertex over ness, I think it looks dumb Awesome Face
    I don't really mind the lego-ness, it looks robot-y.

If there is evil in this world
    it lurks in the hearts of men.
    -Edward D. Morrison

PlaqueOne
    Intermediate Kitten

Nipa~

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 05:28:14 PM »

@All: Just wanna say again, Im overwhelmed how positiv your impressions are. to be honest, I wasn't really that satisfied with the outcome and I do think my current project (which i will keep a secret for now, don't bother asking) looks way better so far, but your reactions make me want to continue this project even more  Awesome Face

Wow, this is really fun to play. Seeing how well this works so far as a TvC import is extremely impressive, remembering how much of a pain TvC Zero is to work with. Great job so far, can't wait to see what else you can do with Volnutt.

And I can help you out with the shield glitch and grab glitch, both of them are related to Volnutt's bone structure. Come to think of it, I'd be more than happy to help you out with animations as well if you want the help. Again, I've worked on the TvC Zero model, and while it's a pain in the ass I know my way around it. Anyways, great job on this, it's really fun.
    Yeah sure. I mean animation is not really a thing where I "need" help in the way that i could just do this all on my own, but off course, the more poeple help, the faster the progress ^^ and especially working with the haveN (item) Bone is really disturbing  Im srs here

afaik the glitches somewhat relate to rocks throwN bone but the problem here is maybe that ROB has a ridiculous amount of bones on his own. therefor its pretty much impossible for the last bone to not be an added one. or maybe there is a way around that i don't know about. just wanted to say it's MAYBE not as easy to fix as it should, since RoB is a B*tch  Grin

Oh, the project's picked back up?

Well no not really, since I'm not at all related to Digiholics original Team and noone of the old team works on this one. I did ask Digiholic for permission but since he seems not to be active anymore i got no answer so i ... just have to guess it's ok with him  not impressed . We're just talking about the model injection anyway (still big THX - it wouldn't have been possible without them)

later guys, its kinda late over here, gotta sleep

greetz
    PlaqueOne
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:34:15 PM by PlaqueOne » Logged

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 06:18:40 PM »

May I suggest some new moves for his specials?
    I think that the side special would make more since if it was volnutt's drill dash thing from tatsanoku vs capcom and megaman legends rather then a dash (as a dash is more megaman X esque) also for his neutral special I think that it should consist of the machiene gun special from tvc and legends or the sheild attack from tvc as well as legends.
    Lastly I just want to say I love the animations. His win animation where he hits his hand against his buster and his hand gets shot is amazing Cheesy

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:03 PM »

Oh my god this is awesome, this is all I have to say right now. *Goes back to playing brawl as megaman*

ethNargy
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »

I would switch the forward-air and the down-air attacks, the forward air brings him downwards at an angle while the down-air makes him point his drill forward.

The Max Shining Laser final smash looks pretty awesome though, I randomly get it instead of the ROB final, but then ROB's kicks in after the initial blast. The only thing is if you could get it to do a single laser stream instead of the bursts, would make it look a bit better. Still looks sweet though.

For a beta, this is pretty amazing.

Neutral B is kinda too powerful though.

Also, 4 jumps is kind of pushing it, since his Up-B is already practically Pit flight.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:04:42 PM by ethNargy » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement the Blade Arm in some form in the PSA?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Dragoon Fighter
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »

This is awesome can not wait till school ends so I can try it out!

eduas
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »

only one word, great

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »

Finally did some more playtesting and I must say I am definitely liking it so far.  I'll give more feedback once the PSA has been completed a bit more, but here's what I'll say at the moment.

- As said before, I think it would make more sense if the F Air and D Air were swapped around.

- All the aerials are great otherwise, apart from the N Air because the graphics look rather out of place.  Not too sure what it could be changed to, but something else.

- Nice work on getting the wall cling to work just like Zero's Wink  Though my only suggestion is that you make him face away from the wall rather than towards it.  Just needs a change in direction in the animation Wink

- I love how you can do a sort of pseudo wavedash with the F Air.  It's freakin awesome and really helps with his otherwise quite mediocre approach.  Definitely keep this (though as said before, swap it round with the D Air)

- You may want to change the fact that he has 4 jumps.  I realise that this was based around Brawl Minus R.O.B though (hence also why the Neutral B laser and F Smash are how they are)

- Up B is smexy.  That is all...

I'll offer more as this gets more and more updated

PlaqueOne
    Intermediate Kitten

Nipa~

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »

May I suggest some new moves for his specials?
    [...] also for his neutral special I think that it should consist of the machiene gun special from tvc and legends or the sheild attack from tvc as well as legends.
    of course any advise is welcome. Technically im not really the best guy around to design a moveset since i barely know this charcter anyway Tongue

Id really like this PSA to make sense with as many different megamans as possible, thats why i put the dash there. For the neutral B it should be pretty easy to replace the laserbeam with something that looks more like bullets, so yeah - mashinegun is not very unlikely in a future release. But the more important thing would be to attach this article to another bone so it actually comes out of his blaster and not just ... out of nowhere in front of his head. unfortunatly i dont really know how to do that (pretty sure this has to be done in hex though)

for now it's just an idea but I was thinking about making his neutral B switch between mashinegun, shield and drill everytime it's used ... together with his neutral B getting stronger over time if not used this could add a lot of depht ^^

I would switch the forward-air and the down-air attacks, the forward air brings him downwards at an angle while the down-air makes him point his drill forward.

The Max Shining Laser final smash looks pretty awesome though, I randomly get it instead of the ROB final, but then ROB's kicks in after the initial blast.

For a beta, this is pretty amazing.

Neutral B is kinda too powerful though.

Also, 4 jumps is kind of pushing it, since his Up-B is already practically Pit flight.
    i see where youre coming from, the downAir needs some serious makeover and is basically another placeholder right now. I think this will be changed to something like Links downAir though. Id rather not switch them cause that would screw up the concept for his attacks i had in mind beeing:
    side Smashs/Airs = Blaster
    up down Smashs/Airs = Drill

Also id like to make clear one more time: this PSA is balanced for Brawl Minus If you play regular Brawl, Brawl+ or BB Rock is way overpowered and i'm well aware of that. There will be a more balanced version for you normal kittens out there at some point. but for now it would only slow down the development process, so be patient.

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement the Blade Arm in some form in the PSA?
    I hope so ... from what i know about vertex-hacking it should be pretty easy (for someone else who is not me Azn) to deform his drill into a flat beam sword trail and paint it all green. The question is more if this would make sense for an all Volnutt-PSA (does Volnutt have a Beam Sword? i really dont know ^^)

as some of you guys don't seem to realise: I haven't really decided yet in which direction Rock's PSA will go form here on. Thats why this moveset is somewhere in between elements from Volnutt and other stuff that comes from totally different Rockmans and probably don't fit Volnutt all that well.

Where this will go now likely depends if i can recrute a talented vertex(and maybe texture)-hacker. If so i would really like to make a PSA that works with every Rockman more or less (Volnutt just as well as X or Battlenetwork or whatnot) but if the alternate outfits are limited by my knowledge about all this stuff this will most likely turn out as the most true depiction of megaman volnutt i can come up with. Id Prefer it to be the first scenario though since i think that would please more people.

also RoB has around 20 different articles and external graphic effects (thats quite a lot!) of which only his neutral B Laser thingy is used in this PSA ... So there is a Lot of room for future graphic improvements. Adding a sword, a huge ~ Final shining Laser graphic, shildeffects, Robotic Mashines for him to ride or even his signature megaman-helmet should be a peace of cake if someone can help providing fitting resources ^^

but for now i know just as much as you in which direction this hack will go. We'll just have to wait and see

greetz
    PlaqueOne

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

About Volnutt's weapons:
    The drill arm is the only one who's attached to a bone, as you saw.
    The other weapons cannot be moved and have to be removed through polygon editing.

Actually, is there a kind of animation which allows polygons to be visible/invisible? BEcause that's the only way you could pull off using all the weapons.

If you want, I have a model of Volnutt with some polys deleted so he has his normal arm on the left hand and the buster on the right one. I used it as a stage prop for my Gesellschaft so it's in there, along with the polygon indexes in a MiscData(too lazy to get them back and post here) :3

PlaqueOne
    Intermediate Kitten

Nipa~

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:16 AM »

About Volnutt's weapons:
    The drill arm is the only one who's attached to a bone, as you saw.
    The other weapons cannot be moved and have to be removed through polygon editing.

Actually, is there a kind of animation which allows polygons to be visible/invisible? BEcause that's the only way you could pull off using all the weapons.

If you want, I have a model of Volnutt with some polys deleted so he has his normal arm on the left hand and the buster on the right one. I used it as a stage prop for my Gesellschaft so it's in there, along with the polygon indexes in a MiscData(too lazy to get them back and post here) :3

Thats the point where I'm not sure, because all the other weapons are seperated polygon-groups on there own and not just ... some kind of giant-polygon-blob or something like i initially imagined. The only problem is that all these seperated polygons/groups are all attached to the same bone, so they can just be moved/animated/manipulated all together or not at all. but if it would be possible to reattach the Polygons to one of Rocks many (MANY!) unused bones they could be animated.

to make bodyparts invisible via animation is pretty easy. You can just change the scale of the attached Bone to 0x,0y,0z ... that way the rockman from this project still got all his bodyparts in his modelfile. Only downside is that this increases the motion.pac's filesize

yeah as said before id prefere a solution where his other weapons are usable, but if it turns out to be impossible that would at least save me/us some work. so you know ... sharing is caring  AWESOME 2.0! Im srs here
    thx

greetz
    PlaqueOne

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 6
    Print
    Jump to: