Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Maybe. If it works for scout then I guess not.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: Albafika on March 16, 2014, 03:08:19 AM
So, clicking Notify to Enable it, and then Disable it, makes it fade from the "New replies to your posts" screen?

Gonna check that more before jumping into conclusion.

Quote from: Scout on March 16, 2014, 08:34:29 PM
Gonna check that more before jumping into conclusion.
It does... I checked it on several game threads and it worked... Just... You need to click very quickly
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

True, it does work, I feel anti-social now XD

I did something for the community that was good. Do I get a hidden cookie?  :P
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P


dunno, I tried twice, but still got notifications for topics. Tried again, I have yet to get  a notification, so maybe. I'll check to be sure if anything new is posted without me receiving the notification.

My new replies section was empty of game threads for hours, its quite unusual... worst case scenario may be that I glitched it.

March 17, 2014, 03:07:31 AM #2693 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:15:54 PM by KnightMario
Scout are you sure new replies have even been posted in those topics? I thought it just didn't work because my ipad is glitchy.

Post Merge: March 17, 2014, 12:15:54 PM

Now the ip is replaced with a blue fire award, and the tongue symbol is a blue mail picture. Ugh.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Well, it seems like it doesn't work. I keep getting them in the unread replies. Is there really no way to avoid it?

Well, I triple checked, I just got plenty of them now, could have just been a glitch.

Figures.
Okay, so much for doing something good.
Board suggestion- make it work.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

March 18, 2014, 05:19:46 PM #2697 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:26:46 PM by Miacis
KnightMario, I don't want to sound rude, but I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting by reporting all those picture-swapping issues. It seems pretty obvious at this point that this is something that's only happening to you, meaning the issue is on your end. Not ours.

Really, it's been 50 days now. We can't do anything to help you on that. Try Google? Or whatever support Apple may have?

PS: I've looked up for any mods that can improve the unread posts / new replies links, but to no avail. Nothing on this platform appears to allow for ways to "ignore" threads you've posted in. At least not without a very steep performance cost. (Slower forum... nobody wants that.)

Once again, I'm afraid that we can't do anything there.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on March 18, 2014, 05:19:46 PM
Once again, I'm afraid that we can't do anything there.

Thanks, I shall be careful posting now on.

March 19, 2014, 12:45:31 AM #2699 Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:10:02 PM by KnightMario
I'm sorry myself, as I didn't want to just be annoying you guys about it. I wasn't sure if there was something relatively easy or not to fix. You didn't sound rude, you were just stating the truth. Thank you for telling me.
As for the deleting the replied to topics, I guess if it will make the forum slower then we'll all have to deal with it.
Edit: I think I'm okay with the issues anyway, because while some are pictures swaps like moderators have hey listen instead of stars, now velen is everywhere  XD. But I guess it's probably my incognito browsing.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P