Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Something is really weird, apparently i can't report anyone's posts. It's giving me an error everytime..

QuoteDatabase Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Any idea what's causing this and if it's just me or more people?

Where did you try to report it ?

We know the Stages and Stages Requests boards have their reporting messed up on most topics. But if the problem occurred somewhere else, we'd like to know about it.

If reports do not work somewhere, simply send a PM reporting the problematic posts to all active admins/mods.
That would be Vyse, Jack H, picano, myself, Oizen, Vish, DragonRage, Segab, ds22 and LookItsLink, I do believe.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on July 27, 2011, 09:29:14 AM
Where did you try to report it ?

We know the Stages and Stages Requests boards have their reporting messed up on most topics. But if the problem occurred somewhere else, we'd like to know about it.

If reports do not work somewhere, simply send a PM reporting the problematic posts to all active admins/mods.
That would be Vyse, Jack H, picano, myself, Oizen, Vish, DragonRage, Segab, ds22 and LookItsLink, I do believe.
I can't seem to find the topic anymore.. It wasn't in the stage section though.
But this is good to know, i'll be sure to watch and if needed PM the reports.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on July 27, 2011, 09:29:14 AM
Where did you try to report it ?

We know the Stages and Stages Requests boards have their reporting messed up on most topics. But if the problem occurred somewhere else, we'd like to know about it.

If reports do not work somewhere, simply send a PM reporting the problematic posts to all active admins/mods.
That would be Vyse, Jack H, picano, myself, Oizen, Vish, DragonRage, Segab, ds22 and LookItsLink, I do believe.

Are there inactive admins/mods? O.o
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on July 27, 2011, 02:44:26 PM
Are there inactive admins/mods? O.o

We try not to have them at least.

Though, I for one rarely respond to PMs.


Question, if a double post is caused by someone deleting their posts, is it still possibly moderable?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on July 28, 2011, 04:27:57 PM
Question, if a double post is caused by someone deleting their posts, is it still possibly moderable?

Moderable, as in giving a warning for double posting, then no. It's not their fault they double posted. And if it is moderable in the rules, then that's just wrong >_>. You can just do that to give someone a warning if you're mad at them.
:)

Quote from: seba96rune on July 28, 2011, 05:07:06 PM
Moderable, as in giving a warning for double posting, then no. It's not their fault they double posted. And if it is moderable in the rules, then that's just wrong >_>. You can just do that to give someone a warning if you're mad at them.

Sorry, but that question was for the staff :-\
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


July 28, 2011, 05:15:11 PM #458 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:18:53 PM by Miacis DaShade
Quote from: br3compactor on July 28, 2011, 04:27:57 PM
Question, if a double post is caused by someone deleting their posts, is it still possibly moderable?
Normally, no. However, mods and admins can't really tell "on the spot" if a double-post was caused by a deletion. Dozens of posts are deleted daily, so even the Recycle Bin doesn't help alot.

If, by a rather infortunate stroke of bad luck, a mod finds your "double-post" a reason to sanction you, then just report it in the moderation corner, or directly by PM with the one who warned you.
That way we can check into the Bin if indeed something was deleted on that day and remove the sanction with our apologies.

Also, if you find one of your posts to have been "double-postified" by a post deletion, you should merge the two posts. Tha way, you're sure it won't be mistakenly sanctionned.

Quote from: seba96rune on July 28, 2011, 05:07:06 PM
Moderable, as in giving a warning for double posting, then no. It's not their fault they double posted. And if it is moderable in the rules, then that's just wrong >_>;. You can just do that to give someone a warning if you're mad at them.
... Since you didn't even consider the basic concept that it's sometimes not really easy for us to tell if a double post was intentional or not, could you at least let us (the staff) reply before coming up with your own interpretation of how we work (or "should work") ?
Thanks. >_>
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

July 28, 2011, 07:51:14 PM #459 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:52:09 PM by br3compactor
Thanks Miacis.

I found some double posts in my thread even though I always edit the previous post instead (or make a new and delete the older), so it was probably someone who deleted his/her old posts. =/
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Hello, good afternoon people of the staff, mods, admins and whoever might check this post.
First of all I apologize that it took me some time to do this post, but real life keeps me busy with work and some other things... and to be honest when I have free time I really don't feel like "screencapping evidence".

But anyways, first things first:

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on July 10, 2011, 02:44:58 PM
I launched a big discussion in the Admin section to update the ambiguous parts of the rules. And to discuss about some innapropriate moderation tactics. Happy now, guys ? :P

Not entirely, but thanks Miacis.
I appreciate that what I've asked for has been noted, considered and something is actually being made about it.
I hope some changes are truly being made, like making the rules more clear. So really, thanks.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on July 18, 2011, 10:13:38 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda still waiting for that flood of blatant favoritism and power abuses ...
I mean, at the time of the complaints, it seemed like it was so overwhelming on the board that it would have taken 7 seconds to find everything. >.>

And to respond to that:

Quote from: cx_asuka on July 18, 2011, 01:12:38 AM
I've actually been gathering some "proof" ever since Miacis mentioned I needed to show something recent.
Want to know why I haven't posted it?

Because some if not most of that is about you (Oizen)... and we know I can't say anything about you there because they'll instantly consider it part of the "anti-oizen cruzade".

The other reason is that the things I was going to post about where already said by others... (like all the kitty leaks issue) so, you want me to just repeat it? Ok, I can do that.

And last but not least... curiously enough, after I posted there and Miacis told me to gather proof, I noticed an increase in the work of moderators... Even the family thread that usually has rules being legitimately broken was being watched and moderated...
Actually it was quite nice to see that happen.

So now, I'm just waiting so I can gather new recent proof... but whatever, that's something I'm planning to discuss with Miacis, not you.

And with that out of the way, let's start.
I'll divide this post in "sections" each within a spoiler tag so that it's easier to read through.

Also, I "screencaptured" the posts instead of simply quoting them, to make the text somewhat easier to follow, understand a little more the context and because quoting would get rid of quotes within the quotes.
So, if the image re-sizer of the forum makes the image smaller to a point where it's hard to read, click said image so your browser opens the image in a new tab.

PLEASE, read all of it before starting to quote and respond.



:vyse: Kitty Leaks Thread.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Kitty Leaks in the Family Thread.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Kitty Leaks Lives Again and Locking Threads.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Unfairness in Moderating: Goodbye Threads.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Unfairness in Moderating: Use of words/expressions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Unfairness in Moderating: Warn Status time lapses.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Bypassing the Word Filter.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Moderation Tactics.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Missed Infractions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



:vyse: Are Moderators above the Rules?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Quote from: Rules thread that can't be quoted due to being lockedSpamming: Posting worthless topics or messages that contribute nothing to the topic of the forum or thread.
     Examples: Repeatedly bumping a topic; double posting; necroposting – posting in a thread that's been dead for over a week; posts that consist of just emoticons or text repeated over and over


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Quote from: Rules thread that can't be quoted due to being lockedDisruptive Behavior: Posting in a manner that makes things generally unpleasant for other users.
     Examples: Posting in ALL CAPS, in topic titles and/or messages; posting illegibly; posting topics in the wrong forum; posting images that are too large (creating horizontal scroll bars or making your post longer than a page); posting unmarked spoilers (game, movie, book, etc).


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



I would also include the "ID theft fad", in which some users including a couple of staff members copied the name, avatar, personal text, etc. of another user in order to cause confusion.
It was annoying to several users, and I'm really sure that kind of action has been hunted down before in this forum.

The reason why I didn't "screen captured" anything of that is because when I finally had the chance to do it, they had already stopped and gone back to normal.






And that's pretty much everything for now.
Thanks for reading and paying attention.

inb4 staff, rather than try hopelessly to defend yourselves with rehashed and overall bad excuses that we've seen before, or try to disregard it because "He's from VIP chat" or some other detrimental statement, it'd probably be a good idea to take these examples into consideration when rewriting the rules.


July 29, 2011, 12:47:37 AM #463 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:50:01 AM by VILE
While there are many valid points in cx_asuka's above post, many of these things have been brought up on multiple occasions. I will be surprised if anything is done to correct them (or to take proper action on similar future events).

I don't really like bringing up my demotion incident publically, but I can't help it here. By doing this, I'm probably painting a picture of myself being very vain and still dwelling over past events, though this is not the case, I would like to use my situation as an addition to cx_asuka's evidence.

cx_asuka's overall point was to show that the staff on this forum makes judgement that is colored by personal issues and opinions. There is no doubt that when I was on the KCMM staff team that I wasn't a favoured by my fellow moderators. I'm not saying that everyone just went ahead and removed me willy nilly, there were some legitimate reasons (yes, I did admit to leaking information once and I did make modifications to Brawl Vault submissions), while this was enough to remove me from the staff, this wasn't the reason behind my removal. One of the reasons I am not a member of the staff anymore is because I went on a warning "spree" (which in reality, I only warned about 3 people, Hakumen was actually the one who did most of it), while this probably wasn't the best way to prove a point, I was still following rules. The other reason was because I was accused of making more leaks (and even some non-existant ones), which in the end, Hakumen admited she was the one who actually leaked the information.

Now that these two reasons have become invalid, does that mean I have been removed for something that is considered to be in the past? No. Because I have challenged members of the staff on a few different occasions, this made me seem like I had some sort of vendetta against the staff. The only reason left for me not being reinstated is because of personal emotion.

Facts are colored by the personalities of the people who present them.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

July 29, 2011, 01:13:23 AM #464 Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:15:45 AM by br3compactor
Nice post, Asuka.

Probably wouldn't have said posted it better myself.

And to take your time to actually write that all, and snapshot that all shows you care about how the forum is handled. I wish more users would do that too.  :P
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]