Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993743 times)
ItalianStallion
Weapon X
Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #360 on: July 09, 2011, 08:46:03 PM »

Is this a Moderation and Suggestions thread, or a flamewar thread? I must have misread the title.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »

Uh ... wut ?
    Admins were never ever able to be warned/moderated/muted. Before the warning system existed, it was impossible of course.
    And when the system was brought to the boards ... well, of course you can't warn/moderate/mute an admin. Admins can remove these sanctions at will. Try and be logic for a second. >_>

And if we ever came to the decision to ban an admin for something really bad, it's pretty easy : Remove admin rank => Ban.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:51:46 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #362 on: July 09, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »

Sometimes, it happens that severe/laxist/illogical moderation slips under our nose. If you find a sanction to be uncalled for, you can always report it in this thread (or even "re-report" the post that was sanctionned. We'll understand what you mean.)

But, y'know, it would be nice to do it, like, WHEN THE PROBLEM HAPPENS. Or in a reasonable delay after that. Like 1 week after.
    That way the team can discuss it and see what need to be done.

Dumping a load of problems on us, all at the same time, is just asking for stufff to get forgotten. We just can't do everything at once. x_x
    Not quite sure if this is directed at me, but I'll answer to it.

Well, rather than report oizen's infractions and him see that, I thought I'd PM you to let you know.  I think either way it really shouldn't matter, correct?  You were notified pretty quickly.

I also apologize for not complaining about vish's warning earlier, I went out of my house for a brief period.

But this really didn't slip under your nose.  As I said before, many of you saw it fairly quickly, and I made sure you did by PM'ing you.  It didn't "slip under your nose", I made sure of that.

I also am not sure why you suggested me reporting it in this thread, I was muted.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2011, 09:04:35 PM »

That was not directed to you. That was a general assesment that people tend to dump problems on us, all at the same time. Sounds almost like they don't care about it until it becomes easy to put the blame on us ... >.>

I really have no opinion at all to give on that issue you mentionned, to be honest, considering the exceptionnal circumpstances of having one of our users (yes, we know who it is) doing such a blog, you posting it on the boards, and everything else.

I guess it was harsh to chain the sanctions like that. Something I told to Oizen in private...
    But it's not really easy to judge something like that considering lots of things were unexpected, including the actions of some Mods/Admins. At least, not easy for me.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:06:12 PM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #364 on: July 09, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »

I really have no opinion at all to give on that issue you mentionned, to be honest, considering the exceptionnal circumpstances of having one of our users (yes, we know who it is) doing such a blog, you posting it on the boards, and everything else.
    I just learned about that ... well, that's a pretty stupid reason to sanction people indeed.
    We "recently" had a discussion about using simple cleaning insted of sanctions for stuff like that (here, that would be deleting the thread). Not sure if it happenned before or after we discussed it.
    2+2=???

Parvati ~ <3
    KC-MM's Family Drama Queen
    Supreme Kitten

i forgot about this place wow im so old now wtf

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #365 on: July 09, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »

I Really Don't Mean to bug anyone... but i had a question about my warning..

Thar was a large argument about Lordnoah having a part in the "Kitty Leaks" Comic, and Oizen Ordered a shut down of all talk about it.
    So Then I Spoke of something, that had something to do with it, and i got warned. Understood, but then the same day, This girl was talking about it, and She is still un-warned.
    o-o;... I didn't think those comics would cause this mess...

I dont mean to cause trouble , but what i said had nothing to do with the comic itself...

Thats really a big shame/no big surprise. [/cleverplayofyourownwordsagainstyou]
    Im Going to bed for reals now!

Enough is enough

Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
    KCMM Alumn.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: July 09, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »

Thats what I've been saying.  Oizen's original intent was only to moderate/mute me.  He only warned you and calmitias and LC-DDM because I brought it up.

So, the correct move for you staff members would be to remove all theses bull[censored] infractions.  I don't think I can be much clearer.

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #367 on: July 10, 2011, 02:37:52 AM »

I've been warned before, so has Oizen and stickman. We're not immune to the rules.

So flaming someone in the form of a stage is okay?

dRage and I both replied to your PMs.

EDIT: ninja'd by Miacis, but still.
    I didnt believe I was flaming I thought I was just making a stage that got unrightfully taken down. Show me exactly how I was flaming and if so, warn me then bro. Also I couldnt possibly agree with LordNoah more. This is getting ridiculous. Do you guys wanna create an atmosphere of professionalism or criminals? Now people are getting in trouble for just ridiculous stuff. Come on just use some basic judgement once in awhile.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:40:37 AM by SmashHackers » Logged

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

Why are you hitting yourself?

• Awards Pin Collector Ninja Helping Hand Active Contributor

« Reply #368 on: July 10, 2011, 08:22:22 AM »

I didnt believe I was flaming I thought I was just making a stage that got unrightfully taken down. Show me exactly how I was flaming and if so, warn me then bro.

Quote from: The Rules
    Flaming: Directly or indirectly insulting other members

The last and most recent thing I'd like to mention is this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20181
    That link will take you to a blank Brawlvault submission that has been deleted. It wasn't deleted because It was a blank submission, It was deleted because the hack creator was in a chat with some hackers and as a joke, they all decided he should upload a really [censored]ty poorly done hack called "Oizen is a bad mod". It was a legitimate 2D stage that said "Oizen is a bad moderator" scribbled in the background. The description said "Download if you agree" and It had 35 downloads before It was removed for no good reason.

Directly stating someone is a bad moderator (and asking for support on top of it) falls under this category. (btw "bad moderator" is an insult for future reference)
    The mods had every right to remove that hack.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:25:15 AM by stickman » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #369 on: July 10, 2011, 08:24:54 AM »

Directly stating someone is a bad moderator AND asking for support falls under this category. (btw bad moderator is an insult for future reference)
    The mods had every right to remove that hack.
    ^ This. But, I think instead of removing it, everything involved with Oizen could have been removed out, since it seems the Submission Stage was legit?

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

Why are you hitting yourself?

• Awards Pin Collector Ninja Helping Hand Active Contributor

« Reply #370 on: July 10, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »

From what I gather, the only reason the stage was made was to troll Oizen. (The stage background itself said that stuff) So what else could it say? "______ is a bad moderator" ?

That's just not acceptable
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:28:12 AM by stickman » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »

^ This. But, I think instead of removing it, everything involved with Oizen could have been removed out, since it seems the Submission Stage was legit?
    We'll let the author decide and redo his stage into a legit one if he feels like it.
    We're not going to push our privileges to edit a BV hack ourselves without the author's agreement. We just remove/edit out rule-breaking hacks.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:30:46 AM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #372 on: July 10, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »

From what I gather, the only reason the stage was made was to troll Oizen. (The stage background itself said that stuff) So what else could it say? "______ is a bad moderator" ?

That's just not acceptable
    We&#039;ll let the author decide and redo his stage into a legit one if he feels like it.
    We&#039;re not going to push our privileges to edit a BV hack ourselves without the author&#039;s agreement. We just remove/edit out what isn&#039;t legit.

Judging by the pictures.. It wasn't legit at all, it seems.. Now I wonder what was in the DL link. ._.; But yeah, I totally agree with what you both are saying, I just thought that if the DL contained a legit Stage, it should have stayed with everything concerning the insulting removed, but I doubt this is the case.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »

I launched a big discussion in the Admin section to update the ambiguous parts of the rules. And to discuss about some innapropriate moderation tactics. Happy now, guys ? Tongue

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »

Hardly, I assumed that was already being done.  And all those foolish infractions are still here.

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: