Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Akeno-sempai on September 22, 2013, 09:59:11 AM
Exactly... What is this?
[spoiler]
That's when you hit 1337 posts, it changes it to leet :P

Quote from: パンドラのハート on September 22, 2013, 11:31:58 AM
That's when you hit 1337 posts, it changes it to leet :P
Lol.
Are there any other things like this?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno-sempai on September 22, 2013, 12:20:54 PM
Lol. Are there any other things like this?
7777 results in your stars being an animated rainbow row. Aside that, i don't know.

Quote from: パンドラのハート on September 22, 2013, 12:31:47 PM
7777 results in your stars being an animated rainbow row. Aside that, i don't know.
Yea, I saw that one xD
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

September 22, 2013, 08:41:53 PM #2554 Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:42:46 PM by Miacis
The 7777 thing is home-made, but the leet number is kind of a built-in SMF feature, I believe?

I'll have a look for the Tutorials section thing.

And christ, people, 250px-high signatures is already a ridiculously large limit, so why am I seeing more and more of those, joyfully pushing in the 300s?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: FitRicky01.pcs on September 20, 2013, 05:33:53 PM
So... with what purpose are most of the tutorial boards unavaliable for unregistered guests?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: FitRicky01.pcs on September 22, 2013, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: FitRicky01.pcs on September 20, 2013, 05:33:53 PM
So... with what purpose are most of the tutorial boards unavaliable for unregistered guests?

Quote from: Miacis on September 22, 2013, 08:41:53 PMI'll have a look for the Tutorials section thing.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Sorry, when I read I though you were talking about something else.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Miacis on September 22, 2013, 08:41:53 PM
And christ, people, 250px-high signatures is already a ridiculously large limit, so why am I seeing more and more of those, joyfully pushing in the 300s?
Because people are stupid?

I think we already talked about it here long ago; can't the limit be brought back to 200px maximum height?

People tend to use the max allowed size just because they can, and that in turn makes that people who didn't even bother checking the rules assume that bigger signatures are ok and then go and do stupid things like using wallpapers as signatures (I'm not exaggerating btw, it's happened more than once).

October 02, 2013, 03:15:28 AM #2559 Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 03:55:15 AM by Aisuru Senka
Icon glitches seem to be running rampant right now. A lot of awards seem to be displaying the incorrect icon (at least in the spot next to each post), Segtendo's stars (below his position/custom title next to each post) are displayed incorrectly as an award icon instead of his stars (although, coincidentally, the badge DOES have three colored stars on it), etc.

EDIT: never mind, it's back to normal now
3DS FC: 3265-5237-3766

Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quoteto "this user" for helping us out of a financial bind.

How do you guys name your links?
Example: I want to name my link "Me on Deviantart" without it exactly saying "http://weegeeish.deviantart.com/". Help a fellow kitten out here?

Quote from: Dragon-FlyWolf10 on October 10, 2013, 01:01:19 AM
How do you guys name your links?
Example: I want to name my link "Me on Deviantart" without it exactly saying "http://weegeeish.deviantart.com/". Help a fellow kitten out here?
[url=*link*]*Text*[/url]
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Could we, like... somehow start enforcing the rules about sig limitations? All these huge pictures with flashing colors and Rule 63 are probably giving the users brain damage. I'm just looking out for them.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on October 22, 2013, 02:45:29 PM
Could we, like... somehow start enforcing the rules about sig limitations? All these huge pictures with flashing colors and Rule 63 are probably giving the users brain damage. I'm just looking out for them.
I do agree with this.

But if users don't want to see signatures/avatars, then they can disable them from their profile settings.

We could suggest that users with such signatures put them in spoilers?

On a somewhat related note...My signature has flashing colors, but not in a too quick sequence. Though I bet that would still be difficult on sensitive eyes...
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]