Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

It sucks how people do that though. A brawl hacking forum? Oh that's sucks lets ddos it!
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on January 24, 2014, 10:01:03 PM
It sucks how people do that though. A brawl hacking forum? Oh that's sucks lets ddos it!
^This
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

He's still repeating it for a reason no? What if we just ignore, make absolutely no comment of it and  the person will become tired afterward? I mean, for what other reason he or she continues this assault?

"Do not feed the trolls."

I don't think it was ever even confirmed that we were DDos'd.

Quote from: Gravity on January 24, 2014, 10:17:12 PM
I don't think it was ever even confirmed that we were DDos'd.
It's kind of a joke, Gamma.

There seems to be a trend that the Forums face some sort of issue at least once every month.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: HailToTheKingJigglypuff on January 24, 2014, 10:22:04 PM
It's kind of a joke, Gamma.

There seems to be a trend that the Forums face some sort of issue at least once every month.

Yeah, I know that, but I think people think we're getting DDos'd right now, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case.

It's probably just traffic causing it, nothing bad.

Well, the blog HAS been getting more traffic, according to Miacis.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Ah! I misunderstood, but how can you tell apart traffic and DDoS? is it a different number as 404?

January 24, 2014, 11:19:24 PM #2634 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:21:06 PM by Miacis
Ugh. Ugghh. So much ugh.

Ocasional 503 errors are mostly traffic. A DDoS will produce effects similar to an increase in traffic, but is normally something that lasts a longer time (at least a day).

We can't really have any proof about whether the long periods of 503s are just our server being stupid or a series of attacks. However, I do find it strange that our recent downtimes always coincide with Smashboards collapsing as well.

Also, KJP?
Quote[18/01/2014 6:08:33 PM] Miacis: I've reached the point where I'm like: "Oh hey, we're down... Wait, Smashboards is down too? Eh, no need to worry then."
[18/01/2014 6:08:50 PM] Miacis: "It's our monthly DDoS attack"
When I make a joke in a Skype chatroom, could you avoid reusing it out of context? In threads where people ask honest questions and will take your answer seriously? That'd avoid a lot of confusion for me to clear up. Thanks.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on January 24, 2014, 11:19:24 PM
Also, KJP? When I make a joke in a Skype chatroom, could you avoid reusing it out of context? In threads where people ask honest questions and will take your answer seriously? That'd avoid a lot of confusion for me to clear up. Thanks.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I have noticed that most instances of 503s here coincide with connection problems over at Smashboards. Hence why I continue to assume that it's a DDoS.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

It looks like somebody screwed up when missing with awards or stars. I assume it was the blog curator star thing. But now the small stars are replaced by one of the renowned hacker awards or something like that.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on February 05, 2014, 03:36:30 AM
It looks like somebody screwed up when missing with awards or stars. I assume it was the blog curator star thing. But now the small stars are replaced by one of the renowned hacker awards or something like that.
You're being awfully vague.. Do you have a screenshot or anything?

February 05, 2014, 04:47:54 PM #2639 Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:48:53 PM by Saber(Akeno)
Quote from: パンドラのハート on February 05, 2014, 04:45:10 PM
You're being awfully vague.. Do you have a screenshot or anything?
I think he meant that the stars above the number of posts was replaced by the reowned hacker award...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.