Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Oizen on May 01, 2011, 05:41:37 AM
The difference between petty theft and murder.
The difference is that one is much more serious and has a punishment much more severe.

That statement leaves us as uncaught murderers.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: picano on May 01, 2011, 05:35:11 AM
I'm in control because either no one wants the position or I don't believe they can handle it.
-Vyse: Quit.
-Jack: Vanished for a long time.
-Miacis: Quit (somewhat)
-Dantarion: He hosts us but he's not a very reliable guy (see: BrawlTex)

There may be some trustworthy people on the forum but I neither have a way to figure out who nor do I want them to despise the community as much as I do at times like this. --- A friend once said, "Never staff something you enjoy".

As far as why I'd rather mass ban people than investigate... it is all subjective; I can read as many posts as I want, review as many logs as I can, but I'll never find a single objective view as to what has happened. Oh, that and I'm a senior in college / will be working a full time job in about a week.

Further more... unfortunately as the problem branches into staff territory (hell, admin territory) none of my logs are trustworthy. So, in my opinion... I feel it best to mass-ban and let everyone cool off a bit; the alternative is leaving KC-MM in the hands of someone I may not trust, possibly dooming it completely either due to further drama or catastrophic database failure.

I talked to Jack earlier today and he's fully aware of the current situation and keeping watch over it.

Miacis happens to be an admin again for some reason, though he seems to be part of the "problem" going on here.

Vyse...Meh.

And yeah, Dant might as well not even exist here.

As for the mass banning thing though, that's doing nothing but covering up the issue at hand and letting it linger. It may seem like it's gone, but then it'll come out of nowhere, worse than ever. Mass perma-banning is even worse in a technical sense being that while the issue may end, nothing will be resolved. Plus, it's possible the issue will rise again in another form, or the very same one will come again somehow.

It's basically just saying "I don't feel like dealing with/fixing this, so gtfo". Granted the others should be able to resolve it themselves, but look how far that's gotten everyone.

Nothing has been resolved and everyone is just angrily yelling back and forth and pointing fingers. Someone wants someone to pay, or someone wants someone to shut up for good. No one is trying to just come to a calm resolution where we can just go back to communicating positively and peacefully again.

It's kind of sad really...not the mention damn outrageous. E-drama, I swear. - -'


May 01, 2011, 05:45:47 AM #242 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:47:55 AM by Oizen
Quote from: VILE on May 01, 2011, 05:44:23 AM
The difference is that one is much more serious and has a punishment much more severe.

That statement leaves us as uncaught murderers.
Not really.

I'm sorry but editing what a board does isn't even comparable to doing something like double posting.

Your arguments are invalid.

(loltypo)

Quote from: Mr. Ludicolo on May 01, 2011, 05:42:44 AM
Are you Saying the Forum is gonna like... die in  a week? Being so that you control the whole database...

No. I'll be able to help in my free time but, if this situation continues and I do quit... no one will be around to fix technical issues when they happen. In that scenario, the forum WILL be dead until Dantarion does something --- if he even is around / wants to.

Quote from: Keil Crimson on May 01, 2011, 05:45:08 AM
Nothing has been resolved and everyone is just angrily yelling back and forth and pointing fingers. Someone wants someone to pay, or someone wants someone to shut up for good. No one is trying to just come to a calm resolution where we can just go back to communicating positively and peacefully again.

It's kind of sad really...not the mention damn outrageous. E-drama, I swear. - -'

It's pushing it under the rug, sure, but well see below.

Quote from: SJS on May 01, 2011, 05:40:50 AM
Honestly, I don't see how a mass ban would help this situation. True, people may cool off during the ban... but what's stopping from them from coming back and starting this whole ordeal over again? It's a big mess either way, really.

Good point, and while that may happen... I see it as my best solution.

1) The guys I trust to handle the situation have already quit or want to quit because of this crap.
2) One alternative is killing the Family Thread in every way, shape, or form. (And I see that ending very badly)
3) Third alternative is a complete staff overhaul. (Again, outside of a select few... I don't know who I can trust that would want the job thanks to this)

If you've got a better alternative, I'd love to hear it. Of course, if it takes too much time / effort... still face the issue of getting someone to handle it.

Anyway, end of discussion. All further posts that are not helpful (attempting to rectify the situation) will be deleted; all posts critical of other members will be deleted and their posters will be banned for 1 day minimum.


May 01, 2011, 11:55:33 AM #244 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:17:32 PM by Miacis Kitsune
I think this counts as helping the situation ... I'm trying to explain politely everything that was asked to us and wasn't really properly answered IMO. Feel free to edit out any part you seem innapropriate.

Quote from: LordNOaH on April 30, 2011, 11:25:27 PM
QuoteHaku-men was a pretty effective moderator. I guess it was pretty hasty to downgrade him as a Team member, so I re-put him as a mod with all my apologies. As for why he's not an admin, it's more specific, and I'll answer it later (see below).
Ok, lets hear it.
At the time I wrote the apology, I didn't know what Haku-men used his Admin powers for. Since I asked the question "what will you do with your admin powers ?" to every other mod applying to being an admin, I found it fair to ask him too beforehand.
Now, he's replied, and given pretty convincing reasons to me. I'll discuss it with the team, but to me it's okay.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on May 01, 2011, 01:13:13 AM
Hmm and I thought Private Messages were supposed to be, well, private.

Hence the word, "private" in it.

This shows that not everyone can have power.
Never have we written or even evocated any rule that said Private messages can't be posted in the admin section. It's the same as reporting to a mod, except Oizen was doing it here to every other mod/admin.
He was perfectly in his right here.

Quote from: LordNOaH on May 01, 2011, 01:19:45 AM
oh, so its a minor infraction of the rules, such as 1 word spam posts, or maybe, to an extent, an admin trying to get someone banned because they don't like them.  I see now, thanks for clearing that up.
I know we are evil, but it was a minor sanction, for a minor sanction. Stop trying to make it look like we hold grudges against everyone we see. Really.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on May 01, 2011, 01:29:01 AM
Can you guys from the beloved KC MM flame war family thread show me where you read that being a sycophant will get you a Mod job? It won't.

Sorry but somebody had to break the news.
Ahhh ... the "people in the KCMM Family get to be mods" conspiracy theory ... let's have a look at the facts.

In our moderator list, we still have Canon98, plasmakirby, segab, Gazoinks. These people aren't all that active anymore, and don't even participate in the Family Thread. Let's just skip them.

Next, we have LookItsLink. Who's been a mod ever since the global de-adminization changes, way before the Family even appeared.

dRage, who's been a mod ever since the exact same event.

Oizen was chosen as a mod before the Family Thread too, IIRCE. And he decided to resign, anyway, so yeah.

VILE was an admin, we downgraded him to mod at some time because of lack of activity, (I think ? ). Not a part of the Family either.

Haku-men told me about ds22 being from the Family Thread ... ds22 isn't a part of the Family Thread at all, for starters. And I'm pretty sure we barely ever see him in the Off-Topic boards either. He was chosen mostly for his (extremely) frequent accurate reports on the boards. Right now, he's basically our Sniping Mod. He's also knowledgeable enough about Brawl Hacking, and is one of our "contacts" as to what happens on the SWF. (Well, to me he is. o_o")

Vishkugeta was a mod on the Tourney boards, but that's not what made us chose it. He's a Conflict-solver. He's got a calm and understanding attitude, is helpful and dedicated. When we needed to get on more mod, he was simply the best active candidate we found in the team.

Now, ItalianStallion, you've loved to claim around that the people in the Family get to be mods, are treated favorably, etc etc... what are YOUR facts ?

Quote[multi-account thing]
I'd love to see the excuse for this one
Sure. Read the rules, and you'll find out, eventually. :)
(Hint : it's in the Accounts section.)

Translation (it's a bit difficult to understand, apparently ?) : We don't allow multi-accounts unless a good reason is given. And yes, doing a little hoax then ditching the account is a good enough reason. Bypassing a sanction isn't one, however.

Now the question is : did it affect you (or anyone) ? Because if you're here to complain about things that don't harm anything or anyone, then uh ... just say it, beause it's a waste of time IMHO.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how a mod "abusing their powers" to do something of no consequences (when there are consequences, it's a different thing, of course ...) is supposed to be punished ? I dunno, but just what is the point ?

QuoteWhich raises the question, do Admins and Mods are even "punished" or "warned" for disruptive or improper actions?
Well, they get scolded, and can get demoted. And yes, just like on any boards on the internet, that means mods/admins get extra chances before getting actually sanctionned.
*shrugs* Deal with it.

QuoteThe problem was caused neither by the thread nor Shadow. There have been complaints about Oizen and because of people trying to backup their arguments... well you know the rest.
Question is : why do people have to say everything they hate about this forum NOW ?
Is it because it's so much easier to follow the trend, or so that they want to cause drama ?

I'd probably consider the issue a bit more seriously if the complaints were abut stuff actually having any real consequences. So far, the only issues of consequence I've seen are Oizen's rank (he resigned), and Shadow's rank (gonna have a serious discussion about it in the Admin section).
Everything else, I'll try to solve it by having a little debate in the Admin section about how admin/mods can and should use their powers.

Quote from: Deathstroke. on May 01, 2011, 02:09:55 AM
The only thing going thru my mind after reading all this is.... What Goal are you all trying to reach with all this? Just think about it... What does anyone gain or lose really? Is anyone gonna recieve a prize, or a Check in the mail? What?... Its point less... Or is it just for self-satisfaction?
Quoted for truth.
There are some very valid complaints, and I'll try to see them through with the rest of the admin team. Sorry, but everything else is just speculation about how evil we are, and is about matters of no consequence. And no consequence means Priority Zero to me.

So far, the complaints themselves have deteriorated the atmosphere on the boards much more than what they were supposed to solve. I'm pretty sure there were much more reasonnable ways to convey the message than trying to make us look evil at all costs.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


May 09, 2011, 10:50:39 PM #246 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:33:31 AM by Infernape99
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


alright, i posted this in the wrong thread, but i think its a problem that needs to be addressed. and if this is against the rules to post in 2 threads, fine. give me a warning i dont care.
Quote from: Nanobuds on May 18, 2011, 09:05:28 PM
there should really be better censorship with pics and avatars in this forum. there are waaay too many anime girls with oversized and obnoxious breasts. for example, i dont want to have to see Mr. Ludicolo's avatar all the time, or NaruZeldaMaster's sig. its disrespectful to women, and its unneeded for this forum. if they wanna look at those pics, there r plenty of websites for that

May 18, 2011, 10:03:44 PM #248 Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:04:47 PM by Vyse
Firefox

AdBlock Plus

Right-click image

"AdBlock Plus: Block image"

WHOA IT'S GONE

Adjust steps to suit browser of choice. Unless you're using IE.

Quote from: Vyse on May 18, 2011, 10:03:44 PM
Firefox

AdBlock Plus

Right-click image

"AdBlock Plus: Block image"

WHOA IT'S GONE

Pride already gave him that argument....

That's exactly what i said, but it seems his pc can't handle firefox.. So he wants a rule.. -.-

I think it should not be a rule. because there is only Mr.Luccdo <--I failed to spell the name.
and naruzeldamaster's signature (That is what he said) so with only two people i don't think it should be a rule.
-


Quote from: Puraidou on May 18, 2011, 10:05:09 PM
That's exactly what i said, but it seems his pc can't handle firefox.. So he wants a rule.. -.-

this :/
Quote from: the98pika on May 18, 2011, 10:09:21 PM
I think it should not be a rule. because there is only Mr.Luccdo <--I failed to spell the name.
and naruzeldamaster's signature (That is what he said) so with only two people i don't think it should be a rule.

and lucky eva (aka DMN)

if just a few ppl use it, why not make it a rule?
Quote from: Vyse on May 18, 2011, 10:10:06 PM
He should try Firefox 4; it's significantly faster.

Or...

AdBlock Plus for Chrome
i use chrome. so i guess ill use that