Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Guys, if you want to talk about it i suggest you make a topic in off-topic/on-topic (where ever it goes since it's about KCMM) and continue there.

Ok Sorry... Umm But I Think Is Better In On-Topic So I Would Make it there
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Conan? anyways,
I thought I got Perma-Banned or Something o.0
Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
KCMM Alumn.

Quote from: Mr. Ludicolo on June 05, 2011, 03:19:52 AM
Conan? anyways,
I thought I got Perma-Banned or Something o.0
What makes you think that?

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Quote from: Zack Fair/O Malkior on June 05, 2011, 03:32:32 AM
What makes you think that?

I Couldnt Get on  , and it said "Problem : DEM (NOT AVAILABLE TO IP ADDRESS)
Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
KCMM Alumn.


June 05, 2011, 07:35:50 PM #291 Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:38:45 PM by Miacis Kusanagi
Okay guys, we've done some cleaning on the admin panel and added/removed a few stuff.

- Topics are marked as Hot for 3+ pages, and Very Hot for 6+ pages. (It was 1 and 3 pages, before.)

- The search function should go a little bit faster, now. :P

- We're still working on the new censoring system, but anyone can now see through the censorship system if they want, in their Profile. (Look and Layout section)

- It shouldn't affect many people, but if you make a word longer than 50 characters, the boards will go to the line at the 50th character, to avoid page stretching. (Previous value was 200.) This DOES NOT affect URLs.

- I tried activating an option that COULD make the boards run a little bit faster. Or not at all. We'll de-activate it if nothing seems to have changed. :P

And most noticeably ...
I masterfully installed a fantastic auto-resize feature for pictures. (Read : I checked two boxes in the Admin Panel. :P)
So now, pictures in posts that go over the 700x1200 limit will get automatically ressized to fit that limit. :3
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

June 06, 2011, 08:41:42 AM #292 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:11:18 AM by MB
I've noticed that every time i use the ' in a post and i want to edit it that i get this:


It changes the ' into ' and that changes with every edit..
This has been since yesterday i think, never had it before. Any idea what might cause this?

edit: It seems to happen with a lot of the special symbols..

Speaking of bannings why is stickman banned?
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

June 06, 2011, 09:47:50 AM #294 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:48:55 AM by MB Puraidou
Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on June 06, 2011, 09:26:40 AM
Speaking of bannings why is stickman banned?
Stickman isn't banned, at least.. not according to his profile.
He is missing his powers, picture and everything else though O_o"

edit: He logged in 5 minutes ago, he isn't banned.

June 06, 2011, 10:22:17 AM #295 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:23:28 AM by stickman
Quote from: MB Puraidou on June 06, 2011, 09:47:50 AM
Stickman isn't banned, at least.. not according to his profile.
He is missing his powers, picture and everything else though O_o"

edit: He logged in 5 minutes ago, he isn't banned.
I was for the past 5 days though. In short, abuse of trust and power. Nothing that needs reintroduction or discussion again.

Quote from: stickman on June 06, 2011, 10:22:17 AM
I was for the past 5 days though. In short, abuse of trust and power. Nothing that needs reintroduction or discussion again.
Oh sorry, i didn't know that..

Quote from: MB Puraidou on June 06, 2011, 08:41:42 AM
I've noticed that every time i use the ' in a post and i want to edit it that i get this:


It changes the ' into ' and that changes with every edit..
This has been since yesterday i think, never had it before. Any idea what might cause this?

edit: It seems to happen with a lot of the special symbols..
Yeah, special characters show up in html code now.  They still post the same though.  could this be because of this?
Quote from: Miacis Kusanagi on June 05, 2011, 07:35:50 PM
- I tried activating an option that COULD make the boards run a little bit faster. Or not at all. We'll de-activate it if nothing seems to have changed. :P

Quote from: LordNOaH on June 08, 2011, 02:05:55 PM
Yeah, special characters show up in html code now.  They still post the same though.  could this be because of this?
That's exactly what i was thinking that day, it could be it. They could try and set that option off and see what happens. If that works then we know the cause.

No, that option was related to hostnames checkups. Nothing to do with what happens in posts.

I found the real reason of this thing, but I need to discuss it with picano to see if we can solve this without resorting to removing a convenient new feature ...
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.