Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Vyse on July 12, 2011, 12:50:42 AM
Introducing the Moderation Corner: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=39.0

As the description states, this is a board for asking a question about or challenging a moderation you've received. The permissions are set such that you may view and reply to only your own topics, but the moderation team can view and reply to everything like usual.

I recommend reading the board's rules before posting there.

This board was my idea; I felt like it offered more transparency and access to the mods than posting in this thread or replying to your moderation PM.

Sweet Vyse :D
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Vyse on July 12, 2011, 12:50:42 AM
Introducing the Moderation Corner: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=39.0

As the description states, this is a board for asking a question about or challenging a moderation you've received. The permissions are set such that you may view and reply to only your own topics, but the moderation team can view and reply to everything like usual.

I recommend reading the board's rules before posting there.

This board was my idea; I felt like it offered more transparency and access to the mods than posting in this thread or replying to your moderation PM.
I actually think this is a great idea, this "Moderation Corner" might help out with users in the future that cause problems and we can talk about the reason why they were "Warned" in the first place.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on July 12, 2011, 01:28:20 AM
I actually think this is a great idea, this "Moderation Corner" might help out with users in the future that cause problems and we can talk about the reason why they were "Warned" in the first place.
Sounds like a blast. Great idea either way >.>

I think they have something similar at All is Brawl. But it's an excellent idea. Good thinking!

Quote from: stickman on July 12, 2011, 02:41:07 AM
I think they have something similar at All is Brawl. But it's an excellent idea. Good thinking!

Lol Well All is brawl is a Awesome wedsite! i chat with mah friends there :D
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


(Dang, it's at the bottom of the Index page. >_< Hope I won't forget to visit it.)

Anyways yeah, I also approve of Vyse's idea (in public this time :P).
I'll chime with Vyse and insist on people reading the rules mentionned there. They are pretty straightforward.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Since half of the forum has a Warning now a days, this new section is great!

Quote from: Miacis Kusanagi on July 12, 2011, 09:36:29 AM
(Dang, it's at the bottom of the Index page. >_< Hope I won't forget to visit it.)
I would have put it at the top, with the rest of the admin stuff, but Jack and I thought that having a "moderation contest" board as the first thing people see might be a little off-putting.

Quote from: Vyse on July 12, 2011, 12:50:42 AM
Introducing the Moderation Corner: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=39.0

As the description states, this is a board for asking a question about or challenging a moderation you've received. The permissions are set such that you may view and reply to only your own topics, but the moderation team can view and reply to everything like usual.

I recommend reading the board's rules before posting there.

This board was my idea; I felt like it offered more transparency and access to the mods than posting in this thread or replying to your moderation PM.


You sir, are awesome.

Quote from: Vyse on July 12, 2011, 04:31:59 PM
I would have put it at the top, with the rest of the admin stuff, but Jack and I thought that having a "moderation contest" board as the first thing people see might be a little off-putting.

I thought it would be tacked under General and above hacking.

but its fine where it is.

July 12, 2011, 05:56:35 PM #399 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:59:13 PM by Miacis Kusanagi
Quote from: Vyse on July 12, 2011, 04:31:59 PM
I would have put it at the top, with the rest of the admin stuff, but Jack and I thought that having a "moderation contest" board as the first thing people see might be a little off-putting.
Yeah, I agree that it's definitely more logical. It's just that it doesn't fit my (pretty difficult) standards of convenience. :P

Oh btw, a little question : is the number of posts/replies (on the index page) displaying the true content of the sub-board to regular users, or is it a "fake value" ?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


Maybe we should edit the warning message, to mention this http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=39.0

Idk if it was already done, but it seems like a good idea.
 I wanna see :3


July 12, 2011, 10:43:34 PM #402 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:54:23 PM by Vyse
Done. Intended to do it from the start, but didn't have time to mess around with the files.

Quote from: Miacis Kusanagi on July 12, 2011, 05:56:35 PM
Oh btw, a little question : is the number of posts/replies (on the index page) displaying the true content of the sub-board to regular users, or is it a "fake value" ?
I have no idea. If I had to guess, it probably shows the real value.

July 13, 2011, 02:12:57 PM #403 Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:19:19 PM by stickman
Fake value. I only see 1 topic / 1 post, and that is Vyse's rules (unless nobody has used it yet, then I cannot tell).


Edit: Whoops, nobody posted there.. I'll let you know what I see when someone does post there.

Quote from: stickman on July 13, 2011, 02:12:57 PM
Fake value. I only see 1 topic / 1 post, and that is Vyse's rules (unless nobody has used it yet, then I cannot tell).
Well i don't see any other topic aside Vyse's so i guess someone needs to make a test topic there? I wouldn't mind making one to test it.