Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 08, 2011, 06:47:37 AM
Since there's mostly fights and drama that goes on here, everyone forgets it also says "Appreciations" on the subject.

So with that said, I really appreciate the "Awards" section, it's cool as [censored]. There's many different things and sections, so I'm currently browsing different members like crazy <_<

By the way, you forgot to add Lensho, StarStella, and myself to the "KC:MM Awards v2" winners section.
Yeah, the awards system... Well, that's a pretty nice way to show a member's won a contest, or has other achievements.

So props to whoever had this idea.

QuoteBy the way, you forgot to add Lensho, StarStella, and myself to the "KC:MM Awards v2" winners section.
Fixed. :)

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on August 08, 2011, 09:14:29 AM
So props to whoever had this idea.
Well, the idea was suggested by Kit Ballard. :3
She also offered technical help when we installed the mod.
As for planning and coordinating, that would be me. :P

But yeah, I'm very glad to know everyone likes it. I'll start creating a thread that describes all these Awards, how to get them, and where you can ask for awards that you're supposed to get.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Where is my award! [/RandomCrazyUser]

Kidding aside, i like the award system a lot. This will define contributors from users, users from lurkers and so on. It's a really handy feature in my opinion.

Oh, i though of this awhile ago but forgot.

Some kind of image zooming function.

[spoiler]

Like, lets say I have a pic of a lemon.



I can re-size this just by adding "width=X height=x".



but it would also be useful if you could zoom in to a picture so that only a part within the original size is shown.

Example:



And then i can make a icon like this.




All by only using the original picture of the lemon and a combination of the two functions.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on August 08, 2011, 09:14:29 AM
Yeah, the awards system... Well, that's a pretty nice way to show a member's won a contest, or has other achievements.

So props to whoever had this idea.

I installed the Award system on KcMm-Extended (the forum for the KcMm Tf2 Server) and ran tests using that. After some tweeking I got em to fully work and repaired the KcMm's version when they desided to in stall it ^_^
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Naso on August 11, 2011, 03:08:35 AM
Oh, i though of this awhile ago but forgot.

Some kind of image zooming function.

[spoiler]

Like, lets say I have a pic of a lemon.



I can re-size this just by adding "width=X height=x".



but it would also be useful if you could zoom in to a picture so that only a part within the original size is shown.

Example:



And then i can make a icon like this.




All by only using the original picture of the lemon and a combination of the two functions.
Question is:
How do you zoom in on the part you want?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on August 11, 2011, 04:00:11 AM
Question is:
How do you zoom in on the part you want?

I was thinking five options.

Zoom top right
Zoom top left
Zoom bottom right
Zoom bottom left
Center

Of course, this is just a idea.
It's the coders who have to figure out how to incorporate it.. xD

Quote from: Naso on August 11, 2011, 04:04:38 AM
Of course, this is just a idea.
It's the coders who have to figure out how to incorporate it.. xD
Well, generally, the staff isn't really working on the new mods we install. We grab them from a specialized website (SMF Mods) and install the packages (and sometimes, have to fix a few stuff).
I just checked, and there doesn't seem to be anything like what you describe.

I guess you'll need to edit the pictures yourself. :P
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Question, does the censor filter work in the personal text under the avatar?
Just noticed that the phrase I've had there for some time is bypassing it.  r)


i have a question, does this count as Disruptive Behavior(posting all in caps)?

Quote from: TBM on August 15, 2011, 01:45:05 AM
YOU ARE SO STUPID!!! LISTEN UP!!!!! MARIODK SAID EXACTLY "sure if you can make me a good vertex (really good has to be as good as someone like beyond or starwaffe can make)" I TOLD HIM TO GIVE ME THE LINK TO HIS VERTEX THREAD AND THEN MARIODK FINALLY UNDERSTAND THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS VERTEX THREAD AND WAS VERY STUPID ENOUGH TO SAY THAT I WAS SPAMMING WHICH I WASN'T!!!!!!!!!
I AM DONE WTH THIS CONVERSATION!!!! IF YOU HAVE NO COMMENTS ABOUT JOINING MY TEAM THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL OR YOUR COMMENT GETS REMOVED

...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?

Quote from: . on August 15, 2011, 04:47:12 AM
i have a question, does this count as Disruptive Behavior(posting all in caps)?

I'd say it does.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: . on August 15, 2011, 04:47:12 AM
i have a question, does this count as Disruptive Behavior(posting all in caps)?



I'd say so, and if not that the content looks pretty offensive.

May I get a link to this?

Quote from: Oizen™ on August 15, 2011, 06:07:04 AM

I&#039;d say so, and if not that the content looks pretty offensive.

May I get a link to this?
Umm... here.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30173.msg635919#msg635919
That guy needs to calm down...
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Oizen™ on August 15, 2011, 06:07:04 AM

I'd say so, and if not that the content looks pretty offensive.

May I get a link to this?

Erm... It's a quote?

You can click it to get to where it's from =/
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]