Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I understand that a lot of people get offended by curse words, so there was this censorship, alright got it.

Now I see way too many people say "God Damnit" and to be honest, it offends me.

That word should be censored, or just not allowed.

I would like to ask, what's the criteria about action taken towards reported posts?
With this I mean, how do you act when you receive reports? Check the thread to see the context? Eradicate only what is against the rules according to the discretion of the moderator?

And I also wonder... do you have a lot of reported posts to look for and therefore your action towards them is slow?

I'm asking because of this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30128.0

As soon as it started to derail into spamming/trolling/flaming, I reported the posts made there.
I suspected my reports didn't work, so reported some posts again... but nothing was made until today, like 10 days later...

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 18, 2011, 03:26:10 AM
I understand that a lot of people get offended by curse words, so there was this censorship, alright got it.

Now I see way too many people say "God Damnit" and to be honest, it offends me.

That word should be censored, or just not allowed.
Honestly I found that ratehr odd from you. But I'm not poking fun. I'll admit, I'm very against the usage of GD also. I personally don't mind the rest but I find Gd extreamly offensive.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 18, 2011, 03:26:10 AM
I understand that a lot of people get offended by curse words, so there was this censorship, alright got it.

Now I see way too many people say "God Damnit" and to be honest, it offends me.

That word should be censored, or just not allowed.
Quote from: Rydia (PsoBB) on August 18, 2011, 04:37:07 AM
Honestly I found that ratehr odd from you. But I'm not poking fun. I'll admit, I'm very against the usage of GD also. I personally don't mind the rest but I find Gd extreamly offensive.

Added to the censors.

Quote from: cx_asuka on August 18, 2011, 04:27:44 AM
I would like to ask, what's the criteria about action taken towards reported posts?
With this I mean, how do you act when you receive reports? Check the thread to see the context? Eradicate only what is against the rules according to the discretion of the moderator?

I check the thread, see if it's against the rules then take care of it. But if I don't know what to do in a situation, then I try to let other mods/admins who know how to handle it take care of it.

Quote from: cx_asuka on August 18, 2011, 04:27:44 AM
And I also wonder... do you have a lot of reported posts to look for and therefore your action towards them is slow?

Not all the time. It depends.

Quote from: cx_asuka on August 18, 2011, 04:27:44 AM
I'm asking because of this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30128.0

As soon as it started to derail into spamming/trolling/flaming, I reported the posts made there.
I suspected my reports didn't work, so reported some posts again... but nothing was made until today, like 10 days later...

The reports were seen, though I think we weren't sure what to do about it. There were two more reports on the thread today, and I think Oizen took care of it on his own discretion and warned the people/locked the thread.


Quote from: Thany on August 18, 2011, 01:56:25 AM
Erm...Heya.

I was having an issue when trying to PM another member on the site. There seems to be a complication of sorts with their username it seems. When they had their name as "D." (quotation marks being part of the name) after I clicked send, it said that the user didn't exist/wasn't in the database.

Afterwards, they changed their name to Double "D.", and I re-tried my PM, but then it said that the person was two seperate people, I think it said Double""" was not in the database, as well as "D." again.

Is this something that can be easily resolved? I have no other way of contacting this individual. ;___;
Oh hey, Thany, long time no see. :)

Do you have a link to that person's profile ? I can't find him in the database.

QuoteWith this I mean, how do you act when you receive reports? Check the thread to see the context? Eradicate only what is against the rules according to the discretion of the moderator?
Pretty much. I personnally check the thread, try to understand what happenned, then deliver a sanction if need be. Or just fix the problem directly with an edit/delete/lock in some specific cases.

QuoteAnd I also wonder... do you have a lot of reported posts to look for and therefore your action towards them is slow?
It depends ... some days, there are 2-3 reports a day. Sometimes, there's a dozen.
About the slowness, do think it's a sub-board to check. Sometimes, mods aren't necessarily checking it and doing their stuff elsewhere. Sometimes, mods don't really know what to do with a report and either wait for someone else to take care of it, or ask a question in the thread to try and clarify the problem with the rest of the teams.
And with time zones and all that crap, it's slowing down the process a bit, I guess.

QuoteI'm asking because of this thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=30128.0

As soon as it started to derail into spamming/trolling/flaming, I reported the posts made there.
I suspected my reports didn't work, so reported some posts again... but nothing was made until today, like 10 days later...
Yeah, we didn't really know what to do with that thread, really. ._.
I mean, the requester hasn't really done anything but spam his own thread, while users were there to flame his request. Also, someone had just decided to take the request, so locking it would have been a bad idea.
So yeah, we were so startled by how dumb that was, we had to wait for further developments to take action. (And Oizen took the initiative there.) And by "further developments", I mean when the requester started arguing with and insulting his own multi-account. .-.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on August 18, 2011, 09:05:49 AM
I mean when the requester started arguing with and insulting his own multi-account. .-.
if I remember correctly, isn't that sanctions for a ban?
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Rydia (PsoBB) on August 18, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
if I remember correctly, isn't that sanctions for a ban?
That's been changed in the latest rules update, multi-accounts is allowed now..

Quote from: Celsius on August 18, 2011, 10:56:02 AM
That's been changed in the latest rules update, multi-accounts is allowed now..
Uh huh... that's kinda... odd... thing to accept.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!




I agree too.

But I don't really have much reasons to complain about that.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Miacis Ballard on August 18, 2011, 09:05:49 AM
I mean when the requester started arguing with and insulting his own multi-account. .-.

This was quite disturbing to see actually.

I feel like we should check this guy into a mental hospital. I mean, making an alt is one thing, but flaming yourself?


Flaming yourself = epic fail  :>.>palm:
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Oizen™ on August 18, 2011, 12:17:02 PM
I feel like we should check this guy into a mental hospital. I mean, making an alt is one thing, but flaming yourself?
It is called attention whoring. :)

Also, don't ask me about the multi-accounts thing. I've always been used to not letting members have multiple accounts, and that's why I had forbidden it in the first place.
Although I'm also okay with the regulation we have ight now.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

QuoteOh hey, Thany, long time no see. Smiley

Do you have a link to that person's profile ? I can't find him in the database.
Hiya, Miacis :3

I have the link here;
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1793
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.