Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yeah I'd like to know why the user who replied to the necropost, didn't get a warning as well?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=11886.0

Usually when someone replies to a necropost stating why they reply, that causes the necroposter to keep posting. Instead of using the report button as it should be.

I've seen cases where the user who replied to the necroposter got a warning as well.

So why are we playing buddy preference here?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 27, 2011, 10:44:41 PM
Yeah I'd like to know why the user who replied to the necropost, didn't get a warning as well?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=11886.0

Usually when someone replies to a necropost stating why they reply, that causes the necroposter to keep posting. Instead of using the report button as it should be.

I've seen cases where the user who replied to the necroposter got a warning as well.

So why are we playing buddy preference here?
Because that's how I warned people. Different person = different style.

On that note, can I suggest that the "old topic warning" be used? In topic settings (for the admins), there's a place to enter how many days before a topic is considered old, and if a user tries to post in that topic, they will get a message telling them that it is old. From there, if they continue, it's obvious that they weren't paying attention, and by all means give them a warning. This way too, it allows members to revive their personal projects topic without it being auto-locked after a set number of days.

Shouldn't topics that get necro-posted be locked once the necro-poster receives a warning? Seems like a good idea.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


It was locked. I think that's just a general practice anyway.

Quote from: stickman on August 27, 2011, 11:13:29 PM
It was locked.

Yeah, several posts after the necro-post. It should have been locked right after the warning was given out.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: stickman on August 27, 2011, 11:10:10 PM
On that note, can I suggest that the "old topic warning" be used? In topic settings (for the admins), there's a place to enter how many days before a topic is considered old, and if a user tries to post in that topic, they will get a message telling them that it is old. From there, if they continue, it's obvious that they weren't paying attention, and by all means give them a warning. This way too, it allows members to revive their personal projects topic without it being auto-locked after a set number of days.
That warning IS already in use (and has always been, last time I checked). Heck, even admins get it. xD

Whenever you might necropost, you get his :
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 21 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

People just AREN'T paying attention. >_>
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I know this may be a long shot, but I think KC:MM should have a fund raiser.

Maybe get some of the top hackers around to make somthing for the person who donates the most. And little consolation prizes for people who donate anything. Something simple.

I would donate at least $5.

August 27, 2011, 11:27:53 PM #712 Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:29:34 PM by stickman
@PAVGN You don't know what time the warning was issued, do you? I can safely assume that the thread was locked around 4 EST today, and the first necropost was done at 9 PM last night EST. That's about a reasonable time for the mods to get to the report, especially if people post in it instead of reporting it, like they should.

@Miacis Oh my bad. I've never gotten that (and I know why haha). My mistake. Carry on :P

Quote from: PAVGN on August 27, 2011, 11:12:18 PM
Shouldn't topics that get necro-posted be locked once the necro-poster receives a warning? Seems like a good idea.
Mods/Admins aren't on ALL the time :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: stickman on August 27, 2011, 11:27:53 PMI can safely assume that the thread was locked around 4 EST today, and the first necropost was done at 9 PM last night EST. That's about a reasonable time for the mods to get to the report

I wouldn't call that a reasonable amount of time to react, but at the same time a necro-post isn't really something that requires immediate attention. Anyway, sorry for jumping to conclusions.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Well, as Segtendo said, mods aren't here all the time to view a necropost the second it happens. Usually the only time I saw a necropost was when it was reported, and with people trying to mini-mod instead of report it, nothing can get done for hours. But don't worry about it. You didn't know. :)

August 27, 2011, 11:51:13 PM #716 Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:52:33 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: stickman on August 27, 2011, 11:27:53 PMespecially if people post in it instead of reporting it, like they should.
Funny thing is : They actually posted in it AND reported the guy. .-.

People ... think a bit before posting, please ? I mean, come on, you KNOW it should be ignored, because you just reported it.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on August 27, 2011, 11:51:13 PM
Funny thing is : They actually posted in it AND reported the guy. .-.
Well, I reported him before Vish closed the thread.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


That has to be the biggest bull[censored] excuse I've ever heard honestly. Then again, no surrpise there. This is just another favoritism [censored], and you all make it more than obvious.

I'll be sure to tell the next necroposter how much of an idiot he is, and start pointless conversations with serious face awesome face smileys, since I won't get a Warning for commenting/encouraging necroposting.

Thanks.

Hey, we corrected him and the mods warned him.

It's done. Since when have they played favorites?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]