Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm sorry if this was already brought up but...

Why isn't "White" a color option? =/

It's better to click to add the color then having to write it everytime... And white is much more of a basic color than most that are avaliable. <_<
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


September 24, 2011, 06:35:20 AM #886 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:22:22 PM by Vyse
Because it wasn't coded that way. It's not really something we can control.

...Unless you know PHP like I do. Check it now. :vyse:




I found a way to recalculate post counts, to reflect the fact that Off-Topic doesn't contribute.

I'm curious, but with all the forum errors going on, did any of the mods get any of my reports.
I have reported numerous times on necroposting, spam, censor bypass, and topics being in the wrong section and nothing has been done about them.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on September 24, 2011, 12:04:01 PM
I'm curious, but with all the forum errors going on, did any of the mods get any of my reports.
I have reported numerous times on necroposting, spam, censor bypass, and topics being in the wrong section and nothing has been done about them.
That's a pretty unfair assertion.

I see 6 reports from you in the past week. One is the report you made a few minutes ago, which I took care of. Three (that's half) were already marked resolved. One is a Family thing, and I don't deal with those, so I won't comment. Only one legitimately slipped through the cracks, and I just took care of it. So yeah, pretty unfair.

If you made more than that in the past week, they didn't show up.

Quote from: Vyse on September 24, 2011, 12:10:34 PM
That's a pretty unfair assertion.

I see 6 reports from you in the past week. One is the report you made a few minutes ago, which I took care of. Three (that's half) were already marked resolved. One is a Family thing, and I don't deal with those, so I won't comment. Only one legitimately slipped through the cracks, and I just took care of it. So yeah, pretty unfair.

If you made more than that in the past week, they didn't show up.
I see. Thank you.
Sorry for assuming. :/
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


The family moderation is a pain to deal with, before the white knight brigade screams OMG favoritism, I'm talking about the broken linking to the posts, sometimes I have an issues finding which post you mean when you report it. :V

Quote from: Oizen™ on September 25, 2011, 12:39:23 AM

The family moderation is a pain to deal with, before the white knight brigade screams OMG favoritism, I'm talking about the broken linking to the posts, sometimes I have an issues finding which post you mean when you report it. :V
Lol, that's totally true. Whenever I tried linking to a post, I ended up just linking to the page, since if I linked the post, it'd have linked 2 pages before or after. <_<;

i think i got bots inside my Thread cuz sometimes i see like 40 Guests looking in my thread
or right now +20:
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

I'm... not sure what you want us to do about it. Bots are going to be a constant presence on a board as big as ours.

September 25, 2011, 01:45:20 PM #894 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:49:47 PM by LordNOaH
Quote from: Vyse on September 24, 2011, 06:35:20 AM
I found a way to recalculate post counts, to reflect the fact that Off-Topic doesn't contribute.
I went to the family thread and had a good laugh.

Sometimes the search brings up a page that says "no results found" but has multiple pages of the same thing.  I tested it with a common word and it had many many pages of "no results found".  I posted about this awhile ago and haven't tried searching since so I don't remember which board it was on, let me check...




I found my old screenshot

but I wasn't able to reproduce it, so maybe it was fixed?

September 25, 2011, 02:26:57 PM #895 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:28:57 PM by Miacis Ballard
Yeah, it's due to errors in pagination. Something like a month ago, Picano ran some maintenance tasks and fixed these errors. But a few more have started to appear again in big activity threads.

I think it's the same maintenance tasks as the ones we have in the admin panel. It takes a whole lot of time, but we'll try running these a bit more often now. :)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Getting rid of bots?  Just make one of those anti-spam systems when signing up.  You know, the systems where you have to type the series of letters and numbers in a space to prevent spammers and bots signing up.

Honestly, unless this idea has already been thought of and doesn't work I don't know why it hasn't been done.  It's a painfully obvious concept.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 25, 2011, 02:35:08 PM
Getting rid of bots?  Just make one of those anti-spam systems when signing up.  You know, the systems where you have to type the series of letters and numbers in a space to prevent spammers and bots signing up.

Honestly, unless this idea has already been thought of and doesn't work I don't know why it hasn't been done.  It's a painfully obvious concept.
You're thinking of a captcha, which actually isn't a bad idea.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


September 25, 2011, 02:56:41 PM #898 Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:58:49 PM by Miacis Ballard
Dang, it was so obvious. I wonder why we never thought about that ... >.>

OWAIT probably because we already did. As well as adding a mathematic bot filter, and a picture bot filter.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 25, 2011, 02:56:41 PMDang, it was so obvious. I wonder why we never thought about that ... >.> OWAIT probably because we already did. As well as adding a mathematic bot filter, and a picture bot filter.
I had a good laugh. XD That's been implemented for over 6 months or 10 xD