Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Umm... their is a Recycle Bin for deleted posts now?
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

September 26, 2011, 06:51:19 AM #916 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:00:10 AM by Shulk
Quote from: Sorceress on September 26, 2011, 06:47:20 AM
Umm... their is a Recycle Bin for deleted posts now?

Yep, only your own. Probably to repost posts you didn't want deleted or such? o.o?

Quote from: Shulk on September 26, 2011, 06:51:19 AM
Yep, only your own. Probably to repost posts you didn't want deleted or such? o.o?
I know that, but am thinking it's still being worked on, because i click on the next page and their is nothing.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

1. Recycle Bin's always been there; it's just been invisible to you guys.

2. It's visible now mainly for moderation purposes. Instead of warning you in public, we'll delete the offending post and warn it from the Recycle Bin. That way it's more private, and the rule-breaking stuff isn't left for everyone to see.

Another advantage I didn't even think about until after I'd implemented it is that doing it this way actually sends necroposted topics back where they belong.

Quote from: Sorceress on September 26, 2011, 06:53:48 AM
I know that, but am thinking it's still being worked on, because i click on the next page and their is nothing.
What do you mean?

September 26, 2011, 06:59:53 AM #919 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:01:52 AM by Shulk
Quote from: Vyse on September 26, 2011, 06:56:21 AM
What do you mean?
I have 614 pages in the Bin while it only contains 350 posts, the other pages are all empty. Any idea what could cause that?

edit: Actually after rechecking it. It only shows posts on the first and last page, nothing else.

September 26, 2011, 07:00:11 AM #920 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:06:40 AM by Sorceress
Quote from: Vyse on September 26, 2011, 06:56:21 AM
1. Recycle Bin's always been there; it's just been invisible to you guys.

2. It's visible now mainly for moderation purposes. Instead of warning you in public, we'll delete the offending post and warn it from the Recycle Bin. That way it's more private, and the rule-breaking stuff isn't left for everyone to see.

Another advantage I didn't even think about until after I'd implemented it is that doing it this way actually sends necroposted topics back where they belong.
What do you mean?
This is actually a awesome idea. =D

Quote from: Vyse on September 26, 2011, 06:56:21 AM
What do you mean?
I clicked on page 2 and it says i don't have any messages.

Edit: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=29876.0
I see more then my deleted post here.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

September 26, 2011, 07:11:46 AM #921 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:14:36 AM by Vyse
OK, it looks like the "view only own topics" mod doesn't do pagination. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

Quote from: Sorceress on September 26, 2011, 07:00:11 AM
This is actually a awesome idea. =D
Thanks.

QuoteEdit: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=29876.0
I see more then my deleted post here.
If we mass delete posts, they get moved as their own thread like that. Your post is the first, so it's considered your thread and you can see it. We'll just have to not do that anymore. Not that inconvenient, I think. Mass deletions don't happen often enough (in my experience) for this to be annoying.

This is sort of an experiment; if it proves too buggy or too much of a hassle, we'll probably scrap it.

Quote from: Vyse on September 26, 2011, 07:11:46 AM
OK, it looks like the "view only own topics" mod doesn't do pagination. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
Thanks.
If we mass delete posts, they get moved as their own thread like that. Your post is the first, so it's considered your thread and you can see it. We'll just have to not do that anymore. Not that inconvenient, I think.

This is sort of an experiment; if it proves too buggy or too much of a hassle, we'll probably scrap it.
I think i get it, i know since this new it will be buggy.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

September 26, 2011, 08:22:51 AM #923 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:23:54 AM by Miacis Ballard
Ah, so we're applying that system already ? Good. :)

This should make things a bit more private between the sanctionned people and the moderation team ... They'll still have the Moderation corner to talk about it if they want to.

Also, something quite important :
If the post contained something useful in addition to the rule-breaking, it will still be deleted. If you'd like to repost the useful bits without the rule-breaking stuff, you will have the original post right there in the Recycle Bin to copy.
We won't be reposting the useful bits for you, it's your responsibility.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Thumbs up for the new moderating system. I'd like to compliment Vyse for constantly coming up with ways to improve this forum (was gone for a week due to sickness so I'm going to assume that was Vyse's idea if not then feel free to correct me).

Oh and just my two cents on the postcount issue:

[spoiler]

Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?

That is all, I don't care about postcounts, so I'm not going to suggest removing postcounts from those threads. I actually like how mine now accurately reflects my activity and interest in brawl hacking.

Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 01:22:15 PM
[spoiler]

Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?
I saw Miacis post in Beyond's thread about this issue.
That place goes off-topic so fast, so I think removing post counts in his thread could help.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Yeah, makes posts not count in Beyond's thread. While you're at it, just remove the posts count from the forum altogether. Let's not promote discussion at all.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.



September 26, 2011, 03:05:59 PM #928 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:13:33 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: SJS on September 26, 2011, 02:03:31 PM
Let's not promote discussion at all.
You know that, if we follow that reasonning, we can just re-establish the count for every board.

It would be nice for a change if people actually gave us a straight idea of what the bloody hell they want.

Because right now, it just feels like this whole issue was only brought up monthes ago as a way of attacking Family / Forum Games active members. And I'm not even trying to troll when I'm saying that. It's just how it looks like.

Btw, when I mentionned this in Beyond's thread, I was kidding. Yes, look at the big round smiley. It's emphasizing that I've just used the post count thingie to exxagerate the spammy nature of Beyond's thread's discussions.
We can't even single-target topic for post counting so yeah. Big fat pleasantry.

But considering how people are replying to it ... It looks like I touched a raw nerve.  r)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 03:05:59 PM
You know that, if we follow that reasonning, we can just re-establish the count for every board.

It would be nice for a change if people actually gave us a straight idea of what they bloody want.

Because right now, it just feels like this whole issue was only brought up monthes ago as a way of attacking Family / Forum Games active members. And I'm not even trying to troll when I'm saying that. It's just how it looks like.

Btw, when I mentionned this in Beyond's thread, I was kidding. Yes, look at the big round smiley. It's emphasizing that I've just used the post count thingie to exxagerate the spammy nature of Beyond's thread's discussions.
We can't even single-target topic for post counting so yeah. Big fat pleasantry.

But considering how people are replying to it ... It looks like I touched a raw nerve.  r)

Then I guess neither of us can detect sarcasm through text.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.