Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 01:22:15 PM

That is all, I don't care about postcounts, so I'm not going to suggest removing postcounts from those threads. I actually like how mine now accurately reflects my activity and interest in brawl hacking.
I agree with this.
And considering I was only interested in making videos, I'd say that's pretty accurate lol.

September 26, 2011, 07:59:25 PM #946 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:07:32 PM by Miacis Ballard
Too bad that it actually did end up as a pressure move for a post count change, in the end.

To sum it up, as of today, I see more "regular users" asking to removepost counts completely. So in the end, no one actually cares about what boards are counted or not for posts. So yeah, at this point, I have a lingering feeling...
A feeling that this bloody topic served absolutely NO purpose.
All it did was generate a ton of drama, pitted users against each other and against the staff, and created a climate of conflict that's still showing, even 5 monthes after.

It's amazing how the two most insignificant things are actually the ones that changed the most the face and the climate of this forum. In a bad way, and in a good way respectively.
Post counts.
And award trinkets.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I like the new post counts. I actually know the top posters. Delicious.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 07:59:25 PM
Too bad that it actually did end up as a pressure move for a post count change, in the end.

To sum it up, as of today, I see more "regular users" asking to removepost counts completely. So in the end, no one actually cares about what boards are counted or not for posts. So yeah, at this point, I have a lingering feeling...
A feeling that this bloody topic served absolutely NO purpose.
All it did was generate a ton of drama, pitted users against each other and against the staff, and created a climate of conflict that's still showing, even 5 monthes after.
And I seem to have made an adequate response to you five months ago reguarding the issue, and it was settled
It was not solely about post counts for the 100th time as clearly stated, and it was settled and didn't need to be made into an argument again.

Okay, I won't make it into an argument. So now, what are we doing with this post count thingie which has NOTHING TO DO with the previous events ?

Could we have an actual logic and reasonnable solution ?

- "Let's encourage discussion. Posts are posts. Number of posts = Post counts."

- "Off-Topic and Spam are not to be counted. There won't be anymore Spam in any boards where posts are counted, we promise."

- "I don't wanna see it anymore. Who care about posts anyway ? Remove the post count."
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

People really want post counts gone? I was being a fun-loving smart-ass when I said that.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.



Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 08:25:53 PM
Just control spammy boards like Beyond's and DSX8's.
Since most of it is spam and off-topic posts, it should be controlled.

Though it's hard to determine how to deal with it without giving off several warnings at once, and since mods aren't able to see/catch anything the moment it starts, it could have already gone far off-topic by many people unintentionally contributing to it.

If it would be possible to give beyond the ability to delete comments from his thread, that would work.  DSX8 actually makes up most of the spam on his board in off topic conversation, so I don't know...

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 08:37:30 PM
If it would be possible to give beyond the ability to delete comments from his thread, that would work.  

I think that's only possible if Beyond becomes a global mod or just a board mod of the vertex section.

Quote from: Vish on September 26, 2011, 08:43:30 PM
I think that's only possible if Beyond becomes a global mod or just a board mod of the vertex section.
Yeah unless you want to give everyone right to delete comments in their threads..
*imagines the major deleting sprees*
Yeah..

Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 03:34:29 PM
I clearly stated that I DON'T suggest removing the postcounts from those threads.
I was joking :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


September 26, 2011, 08:47:10 PM #957 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:48:40 PM by ItalianStallion
Why are some of you bringing up old issues? It's almost as if you want another flame war to happen.

I just want to say that bringing up old [censored] from the past, is not a very smart thing to do. I also thought that things from the past were irrelevant? Apparently not.

I just don't get the people who state they don't care, they never cared, they never will care, they only care on Saturdays, but you still talk about it?

What Vyse did was great. The Off Topic section and Forum Games/Spam section must not have post counts, as you can see this chart that StarWaffle posted which is just ridiculous to me:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's self explanatory.

Now let's just let it go already. Does everything always have to be so dramatic? <_<

Quote from: ƤƱƦĄƖƉƠƱ Melia on September 26, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
Yeah unless you want to give everyone right to delete comments in their threads..
*imagines the major deleting sprees*
Yeah..
I was just thinking that lol. That would end up bad most likely because of people deleting posts for no reason or because it was not in their favor.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 26, 2011, 08:47:10 PM
Now let's just let it go already. Does everything always have to be so dramatic? >_>
I ask this everyday. ;o

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one actually appreciate what has been done about the post count. It's very satisfying to see the top posters have their post counts slashed to ridiculously low numbers.

I'm looking at you Pride. XD

Really, the new post counts are more accurate in measuring who's actually contributing to what this site was made for in the first point: hacking. It wasn't made to be a social networking site.

That said, I think the main problem is people spamming it up in the On-Topic boards. We all know who that is. But there are other people who post meaningless comments like "Good :3" or "Smexy =D" or other nonsensical one-worded responses.

I dunno, but I honestly feel it's a jump from what it was previously. Even though, ultimately, post counts don't mean [censored].

That's just an opinion from a nobody. Do what you will with it.