Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993366 times)
Seraph
Touhou Enthusiast
Special Access

• Awards Featured PC Core Gamer Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #945 on: September 26, 2011, 01:49:25 PM »

That is all, I don't care about postcounts, so I'm not going to suggest removing postcounts from those threads. I actually like how mine now accurately reflects my activity and interest in brawl hacking.
    I agree with this.
    And considering I was only interested in making videos, I'd say that's pretty accurate lol.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #946 on: September 26, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »

Too bad that it actually did end up as a pressure move for a post count change, in the end.

To sum it up, as of today, I see more "regular users" asking to removepost counts completely. So in the end, no one actually cares about what boards are counted or not for posts. So yeah, at this point, I have a lingering feeling...
    A feeling that this bloody topic served absolutely NO purpose.
    All it did was generate a ton of drama, pitted users against each other and against the staff, and created a climate of conflict that's still showing, even 5 monthes after.

It's amazing how the two most insignificant things are actually the ones that changed the most the face and the climate of this forum. In a bad way, and in a good way respectively.
    Post counts.
    And award trinkets.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:07:32 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #947 on: September 26, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

I like the new post counts. I actually know the top posters. Delicious.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #948 on: September 26, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »

Too bad that it actually did end up as a pressure move for a post count change, in the end.

To sum it up, as of today, I see more "regular users" asking to removepost counts completely. So in the end, no one actually cares about what boards are counted or not for posts. So yeah, at this point, I have a lingering feeling...
    A feeling that this bloody topic served absolutely NO purpose.
    All it did was generate a ton of drama, pitted users against each other and against the staff, and created a climate of conflict that's still showing, even 5 monthes after.

And I seem to have made an adequate response to you five months ago reguarding the issue, and it was settled
    It was not solely about post counts for the 100th time as clearly stated, and it was settled and didn't need to be made into an argument again.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #949 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:01 PM »

Okay, I won't make it into an argument. So now, what are we doing with this post count thingie which has NOTHING TO DO with the previous events ?

Could we have an actual logic and reasonnable solution ?

- "Let's encourage discussion. Posts are posts. Number of posts = Post counts."

- "Off-Topic and Spam are not to be counted. There won't be anymore Spam in any boards where posts are counted, we promise."

- "I don't wanna see it anymore. Who care about posts anyway ? Remove the post count."

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #950 on: September 26, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »

People really want post counts gone? I was being a fun-loving smart-ass when I said that.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #951 on: September 26, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »

Just control spammy boards like Beyond's and DSX8's. I don't know why you would try to work around the problem.

Seraph
    Touhou Enthusiast
    Special Access

« Reply #952 on: September 26, 2011, 02:31:30 PM »

Just control spammy boards like Beyond's and DSX8's.
    Since most of it is spam and off-topic posts, it should be controlled.

Though it's hard to determine how to deal with it without giving off several warnings at once, and since mods aren't able to see/catch anything the moment it starts, it could have already gone far off-topic by many people unintentionally contributing to it.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #953 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »

If it would be possible to give beyond the ability to delete comments from his thread, that would work.  DSX8 actually makes up most of the spam on his board in off topic conversation, so I don't know...

Vish
    Global Moderator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #954 on: September 26, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »

If it would be possible to give beyond the ability to delete comments from his thread, that would work.  

I think that's only possible if Beyond becomes a global mod or just a board mod of the vertex section.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #955 on: September 26, 2011, 02:45:22 PM »

I think that's only possible if Beyond becomes a global mod or just a board mod of the vertex section.
    Yeah unless you want to give everyone right to delete comments in their threads..
    *imagines the major deleting sprees*
    Yeah..

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #956 on: September 26, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »

I clearly stated that I DON'T suggest removing the postcounts from those threads.
    I was joking Im srs here

: SW-2632-7270-6724

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #957 on: September 26, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »

Why are some of you bringing up old issues? It's almost as if you want another flame war to happen.

I just want to say that bringing up old [censored] from the past, is not a very smart thing to do. I also thought that things from the past were irrelevant? Apparently not.

I just don't get the people who state they don't care, they never cared, they never will care, they only care on Saturdays, but you still talk about it?

What Vyse did was great. The Off Topic section and Forum Games/Spam section must not have post counts, as you can see this chart that StarWaffle posted which is just ridiculous to me:

It's self explanatory.

Now let's just let it go already. Does everything always have to be so dramatic? <_<
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:48:40 PM by ItalianStallion » Logged

Seraph
    Touhou Enthusiast
    Special Access

« Reply #958 on: September 26, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »

Yeah unless you want to give everyone right to delete comments in their threads..
    *imagines the major deleting sprees*
    Yeah..
    I was just thinking that lol. That would end up bad most likely because of people deleting posts for no reason or because it was not in their favor.

Now let's just let it go already. Does everything always have to be so dramatic? >_>
    I ask this everyday. ;o

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #959 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one actually appreciate what has been done about the post count. It's very satisfying to see the top posters have their post counts slashed to ridiculously low numbers.

I'm looking at you Pride. XD

Really, the new post counts are more accurate in measuring who's actually contributing to what this site was made for in the first point: hacking. It wasn't made to be a social networking site.

That said, I think the main problem is people spamming it up in the On-Topic boards. We all know who that is. But there are other people who post meaningless comments like "Good :3" or "Smexy =D" or other nonsensical one-worded responses.

I dunno, but I honestly feel it's a jump from what it was previously. Even though, ultimately, post counts don't mean [censored].

That's just an opinion from a nobody. Do what you will with it.

Pages:  1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: